Kpppp-2B9SA2

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning announcement leaked

79 posts in this topic

I wonder if they will include all of this as well (except for the Mass Effect gear)

Preorder Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning at participating retailers to receive one or more of the following DLCs:

• Destinies Choice Pack: offers a unique Twist of Fate card to enhance the beginning of your gameplay experience, the Compass of Fate, and three unique armor sets. Each armor set is tailored to a specific class which players will define and redefine during their time in Amalur.
  • Fate-Touched Weapons Pack: enter battle as fully prepared as ever with 9 rare Fate-Touched weapons: a longbow, hammer, staff, faeblades, daggers, scepter, chakrams, longsword, and greatsword. The weapons will help satisfy every player’s combat style with Reckoning’s on-the-fly weapon swapping in combat to take down even the most dreadful of foes.
  • Ultimate Treasure Hunter Pack: for treasure hunters who will dive into every nook and cranny in the world of Amalur, the Dowsing Rod will seek out all reagents for concocting potions on your in-game map. A worthy companion tool for any adventurer, it will help players get the most out of their alchemy skill.

Play the Mass Effect 3 demo and unlock the following items in The Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. (Doubtful)

• N7 Armor - Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves. (Note - this being an Armor Set, will cost you tons of gold to repair normally).
  • Onmiblade Daggers - A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. This is a unique (purple colored) weapon, but does not count towards the Blades of Glory achievement or trophy.

Players who play the Amalur demo will also receive the following in the full game of Kingdoms of Amalur.

• Twist of Fate Card - This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked if you activate the demo using the EA Origin account. Note that EA Origins is separate from the Xbox Live or PlayStation Network service (you may activate this service by signing into the EA servers when playing).
  • Twinned Souls Chakram - A weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana. This is a unique (purple colored) weapon, but does not count towards the Blades of Glory achievement or trophy.
  • The Infernal Helm - Unlocked after completing the tutorial mode, this helmet increases damage done by fire attacks.

Played this on PC. Did not finish the game, dont remeber why. Will certainly buy this, the game is very good and I was already thinking of getting this for the PS3.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

There is a special edition as well.

kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-collecto

$110 in the US if you’re curious. Looks neat, but I’ll pass.

Edited by MidnightDragon

I guess there are some really serious fans to pay that much, I'm good with standard edition.

I also wanted them to include Mass effect set, I remember keeping that stuff till half my playthrough then I just went with other armor sets.

4 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Does the JA version play in English?

yes sir, 100% full English. Everything.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Odd. When I physically look for this on Amazon I can't find it.

which is your region?

I even added to my wishlist (US region) and revisited a few times, always loading with no problems.

Edit: just type Kingdoms of Amalur (without platform) and you'll find the whole list.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Posted (edited)

I'm in North America. I'll try it again.

-UPDATE-

What you suggested did the trick. Retarded that when I get specific it doesn't show but when I just type "Kingdoms of Amalur"  there it is.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

3 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

I guess there are some really serious fans to pay that much, I'm good with standard edition.

I also wanted them to include Mass effect set, I remember keeping that stuff till half my playthrough then I just went with other armor sets.

same here on the standard edition. I feel the Mass Effect gear will get the same treatment as the Berserk gear in Dragon's Dogma. Would be nice if the set is in there though.

615xHmurDTL._SL1024_.jpg

I just wanna say that this new box art is absolutely beautiful. Big fan of it. Good job THQ Nordic.

6 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

It's highly unlikely the Mass Effect gear will be included due to licensing. 

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Retarded that when I get specific it doesn't show but when I just type "Kingdoms of Amalur"  there it is.

Titles that include : or - tend to mess with Amazon't search results. Generally better to go with the simplest name and then sift through the results.

I don’t like the subtitle. Re-Reckoning just sounds stupid. What about Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Remastered?

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I don’t like the subtitle. Re-Reckoning just sounds stupid. What about Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Remastered?

Agreed. Does sound dumb.

6 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

615xHmurDTL._SL1024_.jpg

I just wanna say that this new box art is absolutely beautiful. Big fan of it. Good job THQ Nordic.

Not that this new look isn't nice but I like the original cover art better.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

I was recently looking at getting the Japanese version to double stack this game but since they are remastering it may as well just wait for this release :D That collectors edition is looking really eyewatering...

On 6/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, Solercide said:

I was recently looking at getting the Japanese version to double stack this game but since they are remastering it may as well just wait for this release :D That collectors edition is looking really eyewatering...

You should get the JP version so you can triple plat it. 

Already pre-ordered. Crossing my fingers that it wont be the disaster that Mafia II Definitive Edition is.

Posted (edited)

On 6/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

You should get the JP version so you can triple plat it. 

Already pre-ordered. Crossing my fingers that it wont be the disaster that Mafia II Definitive Edition is.

If the companies previous efforts show any similarity then we should be OK. The company doing the remaster is Kaiko they did both Darksiders 1, 2 and Legend of Kay. I have not played Kay but the 2 Darksiders remasters came out very well, part 1 only 1 had trophy glitch that got fixed pretty quick too and they integrated all the "dlc" into the game even powering up some of the weapons.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/111622-kaiko

Edited by Void

Holy shit I can't believe it. I will buy it day one.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:08 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Holy shit I can't believe it. I will buy it day one.

Hell yeah dude already pre-ordered mine.

Ah the game that got me out of my comfort zone and to realize how great RPG's are. 

This one always has a special place in my heart. Before this I never really played RPG's, just wasn't a genre I gravitated towards. Then we got this on PS+ during a time when I didn't have much of a backlog (or a strong collection of games to begin with), so playing the new months games was something I waited for...decided to give an RPG a try, and had a blast with it. Even went back to it a few years later after the DLC went on sale just to 100% it.

I'd definitely get a remaster to revisit it. Though with THQNordic doing all these remasters...actually getting sequels would be nice.

The game has been delayed to September 8. Also, THQ Nordic announced today that there will actually be a new expansion called Fatesworn coming at a later date. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-delay-september-8-fatesworn-dlc-expansion

That's kind of neat. At least it makes it a bit more worth getting twice.

It looks like bound by flame on steroids, means day 1 buy G G G G G G G Gunit

9 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

The game has been delayed to September 8. Also, THQ Nordic announced today that there will actually be a new expansion called Fatesworn coming at a later date. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-delay-september-8-fatesworn-dlc-expansion

That's kind of neat. At least it makes it a bit more worth getting twice.

Absolutely curious about what that New content means for the remaster, new armor sets? Rebuilt loot system? :)

Cool! I would platinum KoA again! Although I still need to finish the DLCs on the PS3 version.

So it seems like new dlc will be paid, that's a shame.