See here for online tips

Bizzy_Montana_

Hey there everyone :)

This text is basically just a copy of my post on MotoGP 19 because the online part works the same way.

Currently I'm racking up the online races and thankfully it's an easy process. 

You can simply join a lobby (I suggest a nearly full one without qualifying and with only 3 laps) and let the game run. I think keeping R2 triggered with a coin should suffice, however I used a Hori controller and auto - fired X and R2. Doing it this way, you set yourself ready before the race starts so that the lobby timer is reduced to a few seconds once everybody is ready. 

As for my experience, I'm not getting kicked by other players so I guess that's not possible. 

You don't have to finish the race and you could check from time to time whether there are still other players in your lobby. 

Best of success to you! 

Greetings from Germany :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

That's cool that you didn't need to race, you could just leave your system on.

Also good that you cannot get kicked.  

By this time you would think the lobbies would be dead.

This is an example of why it would be better to buy a game on launch.  You don't always see that.

• 1 year later...

I found that when boosting with another player with the AI filling the lobby, either player just needs to complete 1 lap when the AI finish the race and it'll count as a completed race for both players.

In other words, do 1 lap and park your bike just before the finish line. Wait until the AI finish the race (there's no idle kick), then cross the finish line and the race will be over for you and your boosting partner as well. If you accidentally cross the finish line a bit before the race is over, you can just back up until you're just before the finish line and then cross it again after the AI finish the race.

You have to do that, you can't just let the AI finish the race as it won't actually end until either player crosses the finish line after that.

Edited by cr1s
  • Like 3