LoveInHell

If you had to recommend a game...

14 posts in this topic

What game would you recommend to someone (18+) who is completely new to gaming? This person has never played before.

Posted (edited)

The Last of Us would be the obvious answer somebody here would say. It really depends on their taste and what kind of game they look forward to play.

I guess I'd go with Undertale. Because it's the first game I can think off that can show what the medium of video games is really capable off, it's also not very long and neither that hard.

Edit: Another good pick I'd say would be Portal (2007)

Edited by Crzy Minus

What remains of edith finch, a brilliantly well made game with a great story. May be a bit strange to some people though.

Journey too, it's so simple and as the game doesn't tell you the meaning of the plot directly you are left to work it out and it's done wonderfully.

Thomas Was Alone. 

(Telltale) The Walking Dead - Season One

27 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

(Telltale) The Walking Dead - Season One

This. Absolutely this without a doubt 

91tKfpTvxiS._SX342_.jpg

There y go!

Posted (edited)

Journey most likely.

I think Nier Automata, TWD S1, Heavy Rain, and TLOU would be good candidates as well, but for a first time gamer, I think it'd be too to control or grasp (I've watched my dad try to use 2 analogue sticks at once and yeah, he gave up after 10 minutes).

It's an easy, relaxing, simple game. I played games for years, and this game made me go "wow" at the end of it. I'd love to see the reaction of someone new to gaming.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Darksiders Series, Legacy of Kain would be the first one I would say but it is not playable on current Gen (except PC)

Chrono Trigger

Classic Doom or Half Life series, the second one if I had to pick one game that is easily accessible. Can't go wrong there. 

Do I like this person?

If yes, LittleBIGPlanet is a great place to start

If no, Attacking Zegeta 2.

I'd probably have so many questions though, I'd never actually get to recommend a game. Why have you never played a video game before? Do you like any other forms of entertainment? Movies/Shows/Books/Music? If so, what do you enjoy and why? And so on... 

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Do I like this person?

If yes, LittleBIGPlanet is a great place to start

If no, Attacking Zegeta 2.

I'd probably have so many questions though, I'd never actually get to recommend a game. Why have you never played a video game before? Do you like any other forms of entertainment? Movies/Shows/Books/Music? If so, what do you enjoy and why? And so on... 

messing up their percentage before they even start lol!

I would agree with others, Journey and TWD: Season 1 are great low stress places to start.

Journey was the first game I thought of too.  I think it would be a good first experience.  Stardew Valley would also be a good option, if you're not worried about trophies.  And you probably can't go wrong with Minecraft either.

The Last of Us was the game that got me back into console gaming in early 2015 (and into trophy hunting), and it did a great job at that, but for someone with absolutely no gaming experience I think it might be a bit much for an introduction.