Mission 5 Time Trial

Narfi525

• 2 years later...

Nice run. It's a rough level.

I handle Hackan the same way. I never had much success being careful with him; it seems best to be aggressive and mash attacks. Man, a couple of these time trials are very unforgiving. The key to doing well is using the sword power-ups and grenades at the right moments, to speed through difficult sections and bosses. You can also skip the snake boss in level 4 entirely, by jumping through the thorns to the right. Keep holding right until you transition to the next screen. It makes that time trial much more doable.

Hardcore mode can be pretty rough as well, since you take a lot more damage. Fortunately, you can restart the level whenever something goes horribly wrong, until you get a satisfactory run (it won't void the trophy). Be sure to collect all the extra lives, and any time you're down to only 1 remaining life, restart. Do NOT finish a level with less than 2.

Boss Rush was the hardest challenge for me, and I suggest doing it last. I'll leave a video and some strategy explanations in another thread.

• Like 1

No kidding about rough. Been trying off and on the mission 5 speedrun without much success. Looking at the posted video, I am doing as well or slightly better during the non-boss fight parts but the boss and miniboss fights are tough. The margin for error there is really tight. Hope mission 6 isn't as bad.