Anthem Platinum Trophy Review

TheDblTap

21 minutes ago, Flo196 said:

Stopped at some point, I liked some of the gameplay mechanics a lot, but I've rarely seen a more tedious grind

The mechanics are decent enough but the fact that I've played both The Division and Destiny just highlights to me how poorly they were executed in Anthem. I think if I'd never played those maybe I'd think "Hey this is a decent enough game, shame about all the glitches but I can deal with it". Probably just a matter of perspective and all. I'm mostly just upset that Bioware have gone so downhill, Mass Effect and Dragon Age were some of my favourite series last gen. All because EA refuse to provide them a better engine, Frostbite isn't built to be used like this.

1 hour ago, Golem25 said:

Hi bud, I was looking at your Senran Kagura Estival Versus guide just earlier as I'll be starting that game up today. Good to see you're still churning these out, always a good read.

Hey! Thanks for that :) Always good to hear positive feedback! I hope the Senran Guide helps, good luck with the plat!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this game a lot. The one thing that's keeping me from the platinum, though, is that awful farming of collectibles.

Collectibles can be a problem in games, just like RNG can be, so why would they mix the two together?

I'll play something else instead. I have heard they were spending the year on rehauling the game so I look forward to playing it again when they have done that.

Edited by GarryKE

I made the mistake to buy this day 1 

because the concept of the game was cool 

but in the end the story and how they when’d about with gameplay and updating it 

is was a nightmare most glitches are now gone 

but if do going to remake it if we can believe the rumors 

i expect a free upgrade 

I think in my post in the Most Recent Platinum thread I spoke of how this was the worst BioWare game I had ever played by a long shot. The visuals are the only good thing about it, the flight gameplay is fine, not great. Everything else is nowhere near to the standards this developer has set in the past. Terrible story, missions, characters and gameplay loop. A stain on their legacy. I'm not one to partake in mob mentality but there are many good reasons for the derision this game has gotten and why it has been mostly forgotten. I envy those in the minority who think it is good, because I honestly wish it was, BioWare was once so beloved to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing Anthem a few days ago and i'm loving it, just beat the main storyline and i think this game is amazing, and I'll definetely go for the platinum.

Since i just started playing Anthem, i went for it expecting the worst experience ever, because of all the 'good' stuff i heard peps saying about it, and thank god i don't choose what i play based on critics and opinions. 

The main thing i see people complaining is story and characters, and i think if any other studio besides BioWare made this game, those things would be looked at as needless fluff, but because it is BioWare, there’s this huge expectation that Anthem simply can’t live up to. 

Anyway, thanks for the review and for the tips, that was a good read.

• Like 1