[Video] Quick Trophy Guide | Strikers Edge

WaddysWDS

• 2 years later...

not sure if this helps anyone but on the 2vs2 online trophy you can get that one done with 2 consoles on different teams or another player queue up for 2vs2 match to get Ai people to fill the slots. the guide doesn't help much in explaining that portion.

Edited by Lordguwa

• 2 weeks later...

To be clear. Can I get all online trophies before shutdown and 500 games locally after 30th of september with 2 controllers?

I don't want platinum yet but I want to secure it for future.

EDIT: Yes I can and if devs leave that feature where you fight AI after waiting 50 sec in online lobby after shutdown only really unobtainable trophy will be Win VS Friend. Rest can be done vs AI. 

Edited by WiktorM101

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/08/2022 at 5:20 AM, WiktorM101 said:

To be clear. Can I get all online trophies before shutdown and 500 games locally after 30th of september with 2 controllers?

I don't want platinum yet but I want to secure it for future.

EDIT: Yes I can and if devs leave that feature where you fight AI after waiting 50 sec in online lobby after shutdown only really unobtainable trophy will be Win VS Friend. Rest can be done vs AI. 

Just wanted to confirm with you that you got all your trophies with just 2 controllers and didn't need another player to boost anything? Except for the match against a friend of course. I want to also secure this plat but there isn't much information around about the trophies. 

7 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Just wanted to confirm with you that you got all your trophies with just 2 controllers and didn't need another player to boost anything? Except for the match against a friend of course. I want to also secure this plat but there isn't much information around about the trophies. 

You 100% can get anything but win vs friend with 2 controllers but to get everghing solo is super hard (trophy has "online" in discription = it has to be done vs "online AI"). I boosted 10 headshots and not getting hit with someone (not getting hit would be very very hard to do solo). Did 10 wins vs "online AI" in row and I tied randomly.

If after shotdown you could still play vs "online AI" this could be done solo with 2 controllers and only friend trophy would be unobtainable. But we don't know how it is programmed and how shotdown will affect online lobby

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this game with 3 different accounts, launching the game offline and received zero trophies for anything done offline until after signing into PSN, which links you to GameSparks and activates the stat tracker, and then repeating requirements. So new players after shutdown will not be able to get any trophies according to my experience. You can comfortably unlock all trophies except ?Casting Director before the platinum once you get the game “working” but even if you do this, if you lose your save file after shutdown you’re doomed.

Playing a dangerous game right now if you do things like myself but between save cloud and not breaking your console you should be fine. It should be all trophies reported unobtainable after shutdown, not just the ones in online matches.

• Like 2

On 13/09/2022 at 4:37 PM, EqualityEarth said:

I tested this game with 3 different accounts, launching the game offline and received zero trophies for anything done offline until after signing into PSN, which links you to GameSparks and activates the stat tracker, and then repeating requirements. So new players after shutdown will not be able to get any trophies according to my experience. You can comfortably unlock all trophies except 1f3c6.pngCasting Director before the platinum once you get the game “working” but even if you do this, if you lose your save file after shutdown you’re doomed.

Playing a dangerous game right now if you do things like myself but between save cloud and not breaking your console you should be fine. It should be all trophies reported unobtainable after shutdown, not just the ones in online matches.

Are you saying the only trophy that you successfully could earn offline was Casting Director?

Just now, black__bunny said:

Are you saying the only trophy that you successfully could earn offline was Casting Director?

I wanted to save the platinum/100% for later, but I was aware that on one of the GameSparks related posts in the server shutdown/delisting thread, someone mentioned an Xbox game (Lara Croft relic run) that would not unlock any achievements at all unless you were online and linked to the service. This is a similar example of that. ?Casting Director and other trophies did not unlock offline for me until I first signed in and unlocked at least one trophy while online and linked to GameSparks. It turned out to be the only trophy I could leave for later.

The important part is playing at least some of it online now before the shutdown, and never losing your save file, and I suppose I’d recommend keeping the game installed as well until you platinum. The trophies don’t work at all until the first time you do something, anything (and unlock a trophy) while online (green status at the bottom of the screen in main menu).

• Like 3

On 9/17/2022 at 4:56 PM, EqualityEarth said:

I wanted to save the platinum/100% for later, but I was aware that on one of the GameSparks related posts in the server shutdown/delisting thread, someone mentioned an Xbox game (Lara Croft relic run) that would not unlock any achievements at all unless you were online and linked to the service. This is a similar example of that. 1f3c6.pngCasting Director and other trophies did not unlock offline for me until I first signed in and unlocked at least one trophy while online and linked to GameSparks. It turned out to be the only trophy I could leave for later.

The important part is playing at least some of it online now before the shutdown, and never losing your save file, and I suppose I’d recommend keeping the game installed as well until you platinum. The trophies don’t work at all until the first time you do something, anything (and unlock a trophy) while online (green status at the bottom of the screen in main menu).

Sorry for the repeated question - I think I know what you're saying but the wording is a bit confusing ?

Are you saying that the only trophy that you can leave for later is Casting Director? With the caveat that you need to make sure your save file is intact post the server shutdown. I also don't want to plat the game atm but want to make sure the online part is completed 

1 hour ago, Sydoki said:

Sorry for the repeated question - I think I know what you're saying but the wording is a bit confusing 1f605.png

Are you saying that the only trophy that you can leave for later is Casting Director? With the caveat that you need to make sure your save file is intact post the server shutdown. I also don't want to plat the game atm but want to make sure the online part is completed 

Me and my run-on sentences for sure ?

I tried many different trophies while completely offline from game launch and was empty handed until I signed into PSN and redid everything. Headshots, using all characters, all maps, you name it, everything supposedly “offline trophies.” You get nothing for anything you do until after you sign into PSN and get that green light on the main menu.

?Casting Director was the easiest trophy for me to leave for now because you aren’t required to use any specific character for other trophies, but it among all others will not unlock for you if you never played the game and unlocked a trophy on this save file while signed in.
Definitely do all the online trophies, they’re easy especially with a turbo controller. Then guard that save file with your life, if you don’t plat before 9/30.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EqualityEarth said:

Me and my run-on sentences for sure 1f605.png

I tried many different trophies while completely offline from game launch and was empty handed until I signed into PSN and redid everything. Headshots, using all characters, all maps, you name it, everything supposedly “offline trophies.” You get nothing for anything you do until after you sign into PSN and get that green light on the main menu.

1f3c6.pngCasting Director was the easiest trophy for me to leave for now because you aren’t required to use any specific character for other trophies, but it among all others will not unlock for you if you never played the game and unlocked a trophy on this save file while signed in.
Definitely do all the online trophies, they’re easy especially with a turbo controller. Then guard that save file with your life, if you don’t plat before 9/30.

Appreciate all this info and all your tests to figure it out! Good luck with completing this and other Sep 30 games!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

Me and my run-on sentences for sure 1f605.png

1f3c6.pngCasting Director was the easiest trophy for me to leave for now because you aren’t required to use any specific character for other trophies, but it among all others will not unlock for you if you never played the game and unlocked a trophy on this save file while signed in.

How would that work exacly?

What's the plan to get the trophies after 30th?

I tested on my alt account and couldn't get trophies.

I connected to psn/earned trophy.

Turned off internet.

Played every character and no trophy.

Tested it for "every arena" and 100 headshots. Nothing.

Now I belive all trophies will be unobtainable after shutdown.

Can you put step by step here so I can try to replicate it on another alt? I think there is error somewhere.

Edited by WiktorM101

7 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Can you put step by step here so I can try to replicate it on another alt? I think there is error somewhere.

I did another test.

Launch game offline. Trophy list does not install. Not even Headshot trophy unlocks.

Connect to internet and sign into PSN. Login successful at bottom of screen and trophy list installs.

Disconnect again. Headshot trophy unlocks on next attempt. ?Roadtrip does not unlock offline but ?Casting Director does. I think I didn’t unlock Roadtrip until I did online PvP matches so the trophy description itself might be lacking.

• Like 2

On 26.09.2022 at 8:37 AM, EqualityEarth said:

I did another test.

Launch game offline. Trophy list does not install. Not even Headshot trophy unlocks.

Connect to internet and sign into PSN. Login successful at bottom of screen and trophy list installs.

Disconnect again. Headshot trophy unlocks on next attempt. 1f3c6.pngRoadtrip does not unlock offline but 1f3c6.pngCasting Director does. I think I didn’t unlock Roadtrip until I did online PvP matches so the trophy description itself might be lacking.

Ok, tested it. Got trophy while offline on alt.

Have you tested with save imported from USB? I want to save it in case my PS4 dies 

Edited by WiktorM101

• 3 months later...

They added delux edition to the store. It doesn't say what is in it

Maybe they patched in offline trophy support or even brought back online.

Somebody should check 

Would be strange to make new edition of the game after online has been shut down.

Edited by WiktorM101

2 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

They added delux edition to the store. It doesn't say what is in it

Maybe they patched in offline trophy support or even brought back online.

Somebody should check 

Would be strange to make new edition of the game after online has been shut down.

Strange... Indeed it was added yesterday:

https://store.playstation.com/en-pl/product/EP1302-CUSA06631_00-0238375499583084

"ONLINE AND LOCAL: Fight online or locally as one of 8 unique strikers across 4 different arenas. Achieve greatness in 2v2 with a friend or become the top striker in 1v1!"

Anyway, 18,99€ is A BIT too much to test, most probably broken title.

Edited by Smashero
Typos

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-pl/product/EP1302-CUSA06631_00-0238375499583084

"ONLINE AND LOCAL: Fight online or locally as one of 8 unique strikers across 4 different arenas. Achieve greatness in 2v2 with a friend or become the top striker in 1v1!"

Discription in store is probably irrelevant.

Just copy paste from base game and "ONLINE AND LOCAL" is was still there after game was shut down

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 2