JAMTHEMAN18

JAMTHEMAN18's Dispute

23 posts in this topic

JAMTHEMAN18

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
I have been falsely accused of illegitimately earning trophies "too fast" in the game. If you take some time to look at recent players it is evident that my trophies are in fact legitimate and that I did not cheat, and that all trophies have been learnt fairly. I used the "in-game cheats" in Dragon Alley to unlock the "red bricks", however, this is not a factor that would affect the flag, as I can confirm this method is not only used by several players, but it is also encouraged and considered fair by the guide on PSNProfiles itself. (Refer to "Stage 1" on the roadmap for this game). In addition, I will admit that I played this game rather fast, however this was due to the nostalgia of the game and should not be considered as "cheating", just because I enjoyed playing this game rather quickly. On the facts of my issue, the flag should be removed for the apparent mistake. Thanks for your time.

Are you going to do this for all of your flags?

1 minute ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Are you going to do this for all of your flags?

All I am asking is to have this game reviewed. I completed this game truthfully and legitimately and whilst I know that to be true, there appears to be users who are trying to make me look like a cheater and at the end of the day I do not appreciate that. All the trophies in this game have been learnt fairly. There are countless users who have completed this game in significantly sorter time periods than I have (refer to other players' trophies...?), but for some apparent reason I am being targeted? Just because I have completed something fast does not mean I have cheated, and I find it quite rude to be criticised on my efforts. If this game can please be reviewed I would greatly appreciate it, as whist I know I have completed it fairly, I would like my efforts to be recognised. Thanks.

Per @Squirlruler in this appeal of yours, you have 7 flags. That means not only will this flag not be lifted, but also that you're forever off the leaderboard on this site under this account. You can still use all other functions of the site however.

1 minute ago, Dreggit said:

Per @Squirlruler in this appeal of yours, you have 7 flags. That means not only will this flag not be lifted, but also that you're forever off the leaderboard on this site under this account. You can still use all other functions of the site however.

Put simply, how can I prove to this community that I did not cheat this game? I am failing to understand how a time period of 2 weeks is considered "too fast", when the guide for the game on THIS WEBSITE says it can be completed in less than 20 hours? Several users have completed it in a shorter time than I have and I am becoming irritated on why I, out of all users, am being frowned upon for this game. From the way it sounds, anyone who has completed the game in a shorter period than me should be reported for cheating? That is how I am interpreting this situation and whilst I know it to be false, that is the way it looks. I will not be concerned with a leaderboard removal if that is what needs to happen, though I am not going to accept that this game was cheated as I know for an absolute fact that I completed it fairly. 

5 minutes ago, JAMTHEMAN18 said:

Put simply, how can I prove to this community that I did not cheat this game? I am failing to understand how a time period of 2 weeks is considered "too fast", when the guide for the game on THIS WEBSITE says it can be completed in less than 20 hours? Several users have completed it in a shorter time than I have and I am becoming irritated on why I, out of all users, am being frowned upon for this game. From the way it sounds, anyone who has completed the game in a shorter period than me should be reported for cheating? That is how I am interpreting this situation and whilst I know it to be false, that is the way it looks. I will not be concerned with a leaderboard removal if that is what needs to happen, though I am not going to accept that this game was cheated as I know for an absolute fact that I completed it fairly. 

Edit: I completed the game over 3 weeks, not 2, which is apparently too fast?

1 hour ago, JAMTHEMAN18 said:

All I am asking is to have this game reviewed.

Do you understand that it doesn't even matter? Somebody may review this, but even if it gets lifted, you're already over the limit.  

6 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Do you understand that it doesn't even matter? Somebody may review this, but even if it gets lifted, you're already over the limit.  

Yeah I do understand it, I just cannot express enough that these are legitimate trophies for the game.

Quick question for people who played this game.

Excerpt from this guide;

Dumbledores Office (You need to finish all story levels before you can go here. Credit to Geckyy)
Gold Brick: Right by the desk is a chest with a silver lock.
Red Brick (Invincibility): Go near the phoenix and the red brick will appear. Owl is to the left by the door.

Key part in cursive. Can you use the typical LEGO cheats to unlock all the Red Bricks and pop the Trophy early, or do you actually have to collect them all physically? If the former, I see no problems with this particular list.

9 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Excerpt from this guide;

Key part in cursive. Can you use the typical LEGO cheats to unlock all the Red Bricks and pop the Trophy early, or do you actually have to collect them all physically? If the former, I see no problems with this particular list.

You can do either. The in game cheats are designed to help speed up your play through and save time, however you end up collecting them all anyway for the 100%.

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Excerpt from this guide;

If it plays the same way as other Lego games, the "cheats" are unlocked by collecting the red bricks, and wont make it easier to get other red bricks. 

this seems like a legitimate flag, as does the other 8 that he has

Edit: I have just googled the list of cheats you can unlock in the game.It seems you can use cheat codes to get the red bricks, and it doesnt disable trophies.

It is possible that this is legitimate.

Edited by TheFamilyRuin
Additional information

Posted (edited)

Although the trophies seem to be legitimately earned for this game when you compare them with a guide this is still the issue (Also trophy earned list of fastest achiever is nearly identical):

As long as he can't disprove all other flags beyond 2, no dispute makes sense for any game.

3 correct flags and game over. 2 cheated games can be hidden. 

Edited by Geridian
Text

13 minutes ago, TheFamilyRuin said:

If it plays the same way as other Lego games, the "cheats" are unlocked by collecting the red bricks, and wont make it easier to get other red bricks. 

this seems like a legitimate flag, as does the other 8 that he has

Edit: I have just googled the list of cheats you can unlock in the game. Having played lego games (including this one) in the past, its clear that none of these cheats would help you unlock things early, as they will rely on specific spells. 

Cheats

• AUC8EH - Carrot Wands
  • H27KGC - Character Studs
  • HA79V8 - Character Token Detector
  • T7PVVN - Christmas
  • 4DMK2R - Disguise
  • J9U6Z9 - Extra Hearts
  • ZEX7MV - Fall Rescue
  • Z9BFAD - Fast Dig
  • FA3GQA - Fast Magic
  • 84QNQN - Gold Brick Detector
  • TTMC6D - Hogwarts Crest Detector
  • F88VUW - Ice Rink
  • QQWC6B - Invincibility
  • 7AD7HE - Red Brick Detector
  • 89ML2W - Regenerate Hearts
  • H8X69Y - Score x10
  • 74YKR7 - Score x2
  • J3WHNK - Score x4
  • XK9ANE - Score x6
  • HUFV2H - Score x8
  • HZBVX7 - Silhouttes
  • BMEU6X - Singing Mandrake
  • 67FKWZ - Stud Magnet

If I am not being flagged for the red bricks then what am I being flagged for? I was under the impression I was flagged for earning the red bricks too early? But in that case the flag is false as you are able to unlock all red bricks in Dragon Alley? Source: 

1 minute ago, JAMTHEMAN18 said:

If I am not being flagged for the red bricks then what am I being flagged for? I was under the impression I was flagged for earning the red bricks too early? But in that case the flag is false as you are able to unlock all red bricks in Dragon Alley? Source: 

I updated my comment before you quoted it. 

it seems this flag may be removed.

the reason people will be looking through your account for new flags, is because of the sheer amount of illegitimate trophies.

2 minutes ago, TheFamilyRuin said:

I updated my comment before you quoted it. 

it seems this flag may be removed.

the reason people will be looking through your account for new flags, is because of the sheer amount of illegitimate trophies.

That is understandable, however may I point out it is beyond appropriate to assume I have "Cheated" on all my games. Just because I have "cheated" does not mean I have done this on every game. 

3 minutes ago, JAMTHEMAN18 said:

That is understandable, however may I point out it is beyond appropriate to assume I have "Cheated" on all my games. Just because I have "cheated" does not mean I have done this on every game. 

no, but you have to understand that it makes you a target for people looking for things like that. 

1 minute ago, TheFamilyRuin said:

no, but you have to understand that it makes you a target for people looking for things like that. 

Perfectly understandable. I spent valuable time on this game and I would really appreciate if the flag was removed regardless of if it will make a difference or not overall. 

Oh! This game, I was thinking of flagging you for this, but didn't. I do have some questions:

1. You started out with Multiplier, which is a really weird thing to do. I know you can use cheat codes, and they count, but it's still rather backwards. Explain please.

2. Why did stud magnet pop 57 seconds after Story Complete? 

I can confirm that you can use the cheat codes, and Three weeks is not too fast, considering I did the PS4 version in 3 days.

4 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Oh! This game, I was thinking of flagging you for this, but didn't. I do have some questions:

1. You started out with Multiplier, which is a really weird thing to do. I know you can use cheat codes, and they count, but it's still rather backwards. Explain please.

2. Why did stud magnet pop 57 seconds after Story Complete? 

I can confirm that you can use the cheat codes, and Three weeks is not too fast, considering I did the PS4 version in 3 days.

"Stud magnet" came after "story complete" as "Stud magnet" requires true wizard on all levels, and as "story complete" is finishing all levels I got true wizard on all levels, thus "stud magnet".

The reason I started with "Multiplier" was because I used the 10x stud cheat code first to see if they actually worked in the game and to save a bigger cleanup time. 

You do realize that nobody but you and the CRT see your flagged games, right?

Your profile already is a trainwreck and after drawing attention to yourself with a bunch of lies you now continue to demand that the CRT do MORE work for you with window-dressing flag removal.

What, exactly, is your justification to waste their time with this?!

42 minutes ago, JAMTHEMAN18 said:

"Stud magnet" came after "story complete" as "Stud magnet" requires true wizard on all levels, and as "story complete" is finishing all levels I got true wizard on all levels, thus "stud magnet".

The reason I started with "Multiplier" was because I used the 10x stud cheat code first to see if they actually worked in the game and to save a bigger cleanup time. 

But why 57 seconds? Isn't that a bit long?

Fair point about multiplier.

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

But why 57 seconds? Isn't that a bit long?

Fair point about multiplier.

Old console maybe or the ps3 delay? Couldn't tell you. But that was the reason.

57 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

You do realize that nobody but you and the CRT see your flagged games, right?

Your profile already is a trainwreck and after drawing attention to yourself with a bunch of lies you now continue to demand that the CRT do MORE work for you with window-dressing flag removal.

What, exactly, is your justification to waste their time with this?!

Its funny you say that. You'd think a guilty player who did cheat the trophies would want to Draw as little attention as possible wouldn't you. 

EDIT: response for "hBLOXs"

Edited by JAMTHEMAN18

Serious question- what's the harm in unflagging it? Even if this gets unflagged hes still off the leaderboard, so it's not like unflagging this will change anything other than making everyone happy and avoiding arguments.

This one will be lifted as well. You are still at 6 flags though. Closing.