Survival

While the idea is good, this is overtuned to hell, devs need to tone this back just a little, spent the whole night on it at release and literally after 20 boss fights we failed to see a single one go down, have reached the 4th boss subsequently, all 3 of us had amazing weapons, mods, armour and trinkets, and were taken out like absolute noobs, its way too much, the fact that an online coop game doesn’t let you revive instantly or heal instantly is extremely frustrating, we were in a boss where both my team went down, and the boss and all adds were now fully on me, ran around the entire map to get some space to heal, and still wasn’t able to heal a single team mate, or myself and we wiped because I was taking fire from every angle with not even the time to reload, if they wanted to tune these bosses to be so hard im scratching my head as to why we can’t just use our campaign character, ditch this shop, it’s pointless.... or something at least, this is ridiculous, some bosses are fine it’s just the ones that they’ve overtuned to the point of basically knowing it’s a wipe before you even fire a shot, I’m expecting a patch to tune this asap

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

While the idea is good, this is overtuned to hell, devs need to tone this back just a little, spent the whole night on it at release and literally after 20 boss fights we failed to see a single one go down, have reached the 4th boss subsequently, all 3 of us had amazing weapons, mods, armour and trinkets, and were taken out like absolute noobs, its way too much, the fact that an online coop game doesn’t let you revive instantly or heal instantly is extremely frustrating, we were in a boss where both my team went down, and the boss and all adds were now fully on me, ran around the entire map to get some space to heal, and still wasn’t able to heal a single team mate, or myself and we wiped because I was taking fire from every angle with not even the time to reload, if they wanted to tune these bosses to be so hard im scratching my head as to why we can’t just use our campaign character, ditch this shop, it’s pointless.... or something at least, this is ridiculous, some bosses are fine it’s just the ones that they’ve overtuned to the point of basically knowing it’s a wipe before you even fire a shot, I’m expecting a patch to tune this asap

This is what happened to us.  We made it to the fifth boss and the mofo wiped us within 5-10 seconds.  It was the blue needles worm guy (one of the new bosses). 

I keep telling everyone that the Devs should either nerf their attack, speed or turn them into wet toilet paper as they should be on NORMAL, when we are decked in good gear, 3+ levels above, etc.  It's doable to get and beat 10 (which is what we all want) but it shouldn't be as difficult/ painful on NORMAL. 

• Like 2

I've been managing to get through 2-3 bosses fairly consistently with randoms (minus that damn wallflower). I've noticed the biggest problem is that people take more risks, as they gear up.

Difficulty is fine as i2 right now, I think it'll just take time for people to actually adjust to the game mode. We're already able to see PC players playing solo well above 10.

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 2

I haven't gotten around to playing this yet... But I played the entire game in 2-player coop. Would this mode be easier with a larger group, or do the enemies / bosses scale to the number of players? 

Looking forward to trying the mode out soon! But also slightly worried from what I'm reading ? Has been a while since I last played the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I haven't gotten around to playing this yet... But I played the entire game in 2-player coop. Would this mode be easier with a larger group, or do the enemies / bosses scale to the number of players? 

Looking forward to trying the mode out soon! But also slightly worried from what I'm reading 1f602.png Has been a while since I last played the game. 

Enemies have set stats from what I can tell. So if you're playing with a full team, you'll have an easier time due to increased firepower and revival options.

Don't worry about the difficulty, you'll be fine once you have a team that communicates (and doesn't hog drops) and you get back into the habit of memorizing boss attack patterns.

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Looking forward to trying the mode out soon! But also slightly worried from what I'm reading 1f602.png Has been a while since I last played the game. 

Dont worry, we'll get this done easily. :>

• Like 2

lTVd6b3.jpgThe best that I did. We ended up dying to Totem Father,one of the easier bosses(imo) because we couldn't destroy the totems fast enough . I should've used a rifle instead of typewriter and switched out sagestone to another ring. Lesson learned I guess ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

I've been managing to get through 2-3 bosses fairly consistently with randoms (minus that damn wallflower). I've noticed the biggest problem is that people take more risks, as they gear up.

Difficulty is fine as i2 right now, I think it'll just take time for people to actually adjust to the game mode. We're already able to see PC players playing solo well above 10.

I agree, gameplay is fine. It is hard for normal mode as you would expect that normal mode is normal but it isn’t. Once people are getting better, share items (and are not greedy) and communicate plus a little bit luck on the bosses you can eventually make it. One thing in the PC though, you can not compare PC with consoles as it much easier on PC due to aiming accuracy. 

I myself had the Iskal Queens pistol which has automatically the wep mod that heals you and assault rifle with a swarm wep mod. You just pop the swarm on to them and shoot away. Also if you get daredevils charm, which gives you 30% dmg per armor you have unequiped, you can solo bosses pretty ez if you dodge them well.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 8:08 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Keyword: PC

On consoles it's hard and unresponsive just to aim.

Also on Normal (the irony) the bosses have so much HP your ammo including the pick ups in a boss room

are barely enough to get you through. Bad ammo RNG and you will run out or use a super expensive ammo box for that last 15%HP.

Another annoying aspect is that consumable prices increase the more you buy them.

You can't even afford basic ailment curatives FFS.

• Like 3

Yea, on normal it should be fairly easy to progress imo, it’s supposed to be the easiest difficulty, it’s clearly tuned for pc and consoles are struggling even to reach 5 bosses, devs need to be aware of this, I mean normal.... the fact that it’s been out a while now and literally only 4 players on psnp have got to 10 bosses shows the level of difficulty, at the end of the day that’s what the difficulty modes are for, if you really want to struggle to get to 10 bosses it should be on hard or more, but as it stands, unless your insanely pro at the game and know every boss inside out, normal mode is practically impossible for the general population, I can’t even imagine trying on hard or higher, it needs to be tuned, at least made a bit easier to compensate for the aiming and lag on consoles on normal, I’ve had to pop ammo boxes on the 1st boss run, a checkpoint before the boss would be nice too, just to restock, went to 2nd boss with just 12 pistol rounds at one point, but my main issue is healing/reviving, in certain boss fights, it’s literally impossible to heal or revive bc it takes forever to use a heart, and unless the boss is aggro on the 3rd player your screwed, i know some players will come on and say it’s fine, difficulty is ok, it’s not a problem etc, but I don’t see your names under the 10 boss trophy yet, it is overtuned and does need addressing, at least on normal, not saying it should be made too easy, but certain bosses are basically a wipe unless your EXTREMELY lucky with awesome gear and all are pro and don’t make a single mistake throughout the entire fight, I mean some of these bosses are tough with your main character with 10 hearts and fully upgraded gear in campaign, so how they expect you to get through with nothing and just 3 heals (provided you haven’t had to use any along the way) is insane

• Like 4

On 6/7/2020 at 3:17 PM, Kuzigari_ said:

lTVd6b3.jpgThe best that I did. We ended up dying to Totem Father,one of the easier bosses(imo) because we couldn't destroy the totems fast enough . I should've used a rifle instead of typewriter and switched out sagestone to another ring. Lesson learned I guess 1f62d.png

QUESTION:

I see you both equipped the Sagestone ring. Does that mean you get 20%+20% EXP?

Aren't player levels equal in coop during Survival?

Or is it a waste for both to have the Sagestone Ring?

12 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

QUESTION:

I see you both equipped the Sagestone ring. Does that mean you get 20%+20% EXP?

Aren't player levels equal in coop during Survival?

Or is it a waste for both to have the Sagestone Ring?

Players level at different times during survival, when you hit lv2, that doesn’t mean your team has, the xp isn’t shared, so as far as I’m aware, unless the ring states that the bonus is shared for the entire party then everyone would need one to see the benefit and they wouldn’t stack, not that it really matters, I reached 4th boss and we were 4 levels higher than the enemy level, all had really good gear and still wiped, I really can’t be dealing with the stress of attempting this without god mode players carrying me through it, and I don’t say that lightly, I’m no noob gamer,  il try to hit 5 and then probably wait for a patch... if one comes, depends if frustrated players can be civil enough to give constructive feedback in the dev forums, and if the devs aren’t arrogant enough to listen, although they did say they were open to feedback, so that’s a good sign at least 

Edited by Shmeefly

I fucking hate this trash, made it again to the 8th boss to have the POS game lag me out. ?

QUESTION:

Does the amount of health for enemies increase if you have more players on survival?

Edited by Fr_0zt

25 minutes ago, a45100 said:

Are the survival trophies cumulative? Or do you have to kill 10 bosses in one play?

One play lol. Otherwise it wouldn't be difficult.

5 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Does the amount of health for enemies increase if you have more players on survival?

Info on this is all over the place.

I read some say that it doesn't for survival other say it does. I bet it does scale as coop would be the way to beat this easily.

2 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

although they did say they were open to feedback, so that’s a good sign at least 

So I followed the dev messages on Reddit from PC launch up until today.

Not only they don't want to scale it down despite tons of petitions to the contrary,

they made it harder because they saw a couple of gamers wrecking the mode

saying "survival's kill boss count should be meaningful and not bloated" or some BS of that type.

Then they put rewards for reaching 100 kills in survival...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

I fucking hate this trash, made it again to the 8th boss to have the POS game lag me out. 1f621.png

QUESTION:

Couple of questions for you if you dont mind, works killing me so I wont get to play till this weekend, and I would rather not beat my head against the wall anymore then I need to. Are you playing solo, with a team, or with randoms? I am debating on rather I want to try to get a group or just go solo. Any weapons or traits you recommenced looking for? Do you gain more hearts as you play or are you limited to 3 the whole time? What would your personal estimate be on the difficulty. I found the base game rather easy, once you got a few levels, but from what I am gathering this is really a nightmare. Good luck to you, hopefully you will have it by time I start.

The reason its so difficult is because consoles aren't on the latest hotfix (hotfix 2). We are on hotfix 1. On PC, the vanilla survival mode was too easy; players were hitting huge double digit rounds. Hotfix 1 was supposed to fix that and making it more difficult. However players were having a hard time even reaching 5 bosses because they made way too hard. Hotfix 2 made survival more balanced 

Since consoles are only on hotfix1 for now; we are on the hardest version of survival. 

My question is why didn't they release the dlc with hot fix 2 on consoles certification issues?

Edited by Kuzigari_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XileLerinril said:

Couple of questions for you if you dont mind, works killing me so I wont get to play till this weekend, and I would rather not beat my head against the wall anymore then I need to. Are you playing solo, with a team, or with randoms? I am debating on rather I want to try to get a group or just go solo. Any weapons or traits you recommenced looking for? Do you gain more hearts as you play or are you limited to 3 the whole time? What would your personal estimate be on the difficulty. I found the base game rather easy, once you got a few levels, but from what I am gathering this is really a nightmare. Good luck to you, hopefully you will have it by time I start.

Always going on groups of 2-3, do not like to sólo this game.  Some were randoms that are now friends. 

You star with 3 dragon fruits but you can buy more with the scrap.  This is not a problem. 

My goal is to always have the beam rifle, Chicago, assault or ruin cuz I want continuous and fast damage.  I usually us the smg for secondary.  For mods I recommend summons.

Difficulty is 2-3 levels above what the game was, the main problem here is the ridiculous damage (even with heaviest armor and 3+ lvls above), the slowness of everything you do (heal, revive, etc), lag and RNG of what bosses you get early on.  Dream eater, riphide, etc are usually run enders if you don't have the right weapons. 

Good luck and I can sniff the trophy, just need a bit more luck. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Riphide (splitting tree) is a 100% Gameover whenever you face it (early or later).

Fuck this trash.

Last long enough to split him into 8, train them into a group and then use explosive shot (pretty common as a labyrinth purchase). It pretty much ends the fight immediately on lower levels and does up to half the hp bar on higher ones.

Edited by VigilantCrow

Does anyone want to see if they can replicate this glitch? Apparently, if playing in co-op, then if you die by falling off a ledge and then the rest of your party dies (soon?) after that, the game (sometimes/always?) respawns you at the start of survival mode with all of your equipment.

If that glitch can be made easily reproducible, it would make the survival trophies infinitely easier.