Survival

An important tip if you are struggling on Barbed Terror (works with Canker as well): Don't move around the arena, stay by the door as soon as the fight starts, that will make him use only his vertical attack, without using the needles once. That way you'll be able to kill him easily, focusing only on his Weak Spot (his head). 

After the HotFix, i only got him once in Solo and couldn't perform the glitch, but it may have been just bad luck. Still works like a charm in Co-Op, though, so you can cross him off the list of difficult bosses until they fix this. 

Also, if you wonder, doing the Ravager Puzzle will also count as a boss killed (was lucky enough that the RNG made him appear for me as the 9th boss), so you don't need to fight him and you can also save a few minutes of the clock. :dance:

• Like 2

It’s random wether barbed terror spams his spikes or not, it doesn’t work how it should, sometimes boss attacks just stick on repeat, sometimes that’s a good thing and sometimes not, I’ve had barbed terror before where he hasn’t shot a single spike, other times the spikes come as soon as the last one finishes, and they do not stop, meaning it’s a wipe, it’s a bugged mess this game, I’ve fought canker before where all he does is run from 1 end to the other non stop, literally stood at the entrance and fired, didn’t have to move, he’s an easy boss anyway, the problem is the bosses I mentioned, they aren’t tuned for survival, they’re tuned for main characters with all traits maxed and all the mods you need to fight them, and weapons maxed so you can deal the required damage, like Ixillis, when it charges up the scream, if you dont damage it enough it wipes you, in campaign that attack spools up long enough for 1 player to dps both butterflies and take out both attacks solo, in survival however, it spools up in half the time, and even so, 3 players all hammering 1 of the butterflies still can’t damage it enough to stop it, it’s overtuned to begin with, and these fuking bosses need to be tailored to characters with barely any traits and weapons dealing lv3 damage not lv20 damage, it’s just a joke, these devs are spending all their time micro managing pointless things, to give you an example m, the typewriter damage per bullet, before latest patch did 11 damage, they buffed it to..... 12 damage, that’s how tight these indie devs are with regards to making things “easier”, and they’re not focusing on the op bosses that need to be addressed for this mode, and more importantly, the connection is a joke, can barely hold out to reach 10 bosses, it takes an average of 3 hours to reach boss 10 and 60% of the time it’s either a crash or a disconnect before you can even get to 10

All they need to do is just stop being so stubborn and make NORMAL doable, if it’s too easy all we have to do is chose  hard or higher, simple really

• Like 3

Yes it is hard for "normal" but it is is doable.. I've done it multiple times and even with randoms aswell. The average time 3 hours?? It is only like 1.5 hours, done it in 1 hour one aswell and yes sometimes you will have an early wipe when you are really unlucky but you have to learn all boss paterns and the dlc ones are actually pretty easy aswell once you know them. The only thing that really sucks and is frustrating are the crashes and lagg, but it is very and i say very doable after the new patch 

• Like 2

Played with a random, good player. We're getting through it, some trouble on stage 8 where he goes down and as I can't revive him (too much pressure) I have to solo the boss and just about manage it. Next boss is the swamp but thankfully just the Unclean one. Then the 10th stage is earth and we have already beat Gorefist. Nice! CRASH.

I've had crashes at 8 and 10 now. This is ridiculous. Takes 2 hours to do the trophy and it crashing on you near the end appears to be a common occurrence. 

Figured I would get some late night practice in, do a few solo runs. One Daredevil charm later and it's done. This is easily in my top three for most challenging trophy related things, right next to crushing survival on Uncharted 4 and the Plat for Path of Exile. Got both Dream Eater and Riphide, but I lucked out on the World bosses and got both Rhom bosses and the Ravager. Riphide was my tenth and my stomach sank when I saw that damn subway tunnel. 

• Like 2

Alright I got it on solo too. Didn't use Daredevil though which actually seemed for the best perhaps. I think the order and bosses I faced in the run were:

1: Raze 

2: Dream Eater

3: Claviger 

4: The Warden

5: Gorefist

6: The Unclean One

7: Onslaught

8: The Thrall

9: The Harrow

10: Stormcaller 

The main thing I'd credit my victory to is the Ricochet Rifle. It's incredible, especially considering the patch buffed the damage on it's ricochets from 50% base to 85%. It's not simply the great damage it has if bounces happen, it's also that it deals with additional enemies that the boss summons for you too and this often goes unsaid, allows you to blindly fire at bosses. What I mean with that is sometimes you just don't have time to aim (enemies coming up behind, stuff like that) or the enemy is behind something and you can't hit them, but the bounces reach them fine.

Other weapon was the Submachine gun, would swap to it when I felt I had shot too many Ricochet shots in the areas before the boss fight. Didn't really get much in the way of mods so I just used Beckon off Raze on the Submachine gun (found it real nice on Glaviger as during that time he lifts you up to reshield himself, they can hit him during that animation for extra damage. The stomp he does on the ground doesn't kill them as they fly). Used Rift Walker from Dream Eater on the Ricochet and... I didn't use it much but it seemed fine. It does a quick dodge and can get aggro of non-boss enemies, might do some damage for you too.  Melee weapon was World Breaker gotten from Claviger but I rarely used it.

Armour was a mismatch of stuff for most of the session. Got Bandit legs early but had to wait until round 8 to get the other two bandit gear, though I would swap in an Elder Headdress for bosses. Bandit set is really good with something like the Ricochet Rifle as there is a chance the shot won't be fired meaning you can fire another shot right after your last without needing to reload. 

Accessories I was getting very little in terms of quality. I'd use Talisman of Perseverance up until the boss and then swap it for the Gunslinger's Charm. Rings I had Ezlan's Band and Stockpile Circlet.

My dragon hearts by the end was 6. Going solo you just don't seem to earn as much scrap as co-op even if you are breaking pots (Submachine gun can do it fast for you) and I couldn't miss out on the consumable 60 minute upgrades. I got them in the order of: Health booster, regen giver, armour booster, crit booster. I had to buy two of the health boosters because I popped right before Gorefist and it was at 1 minute when I got to the Thrall fight (area before Thrall was massive with 3 big dudes and so many other special enemies).

I don't recall being in a critical state at any point. Rarely used hearts and when I did it was more a just in case, topping myself back up to full so another hit wouldn't possibly put me near death. Only used them in boss fights outside of when I needed to pick up Dragon hearts on the ground (may as well heal myself if one is on the floor). I think I might have gotten fortunate with the bosses it gave though once it got to stage... 8 it got me feeling the pressure regardless. My "brace for it" moments were Gorefist, Thrall, and Harrow. Gorefist because I often was losing in co-op against him, but fighting him in the open area and having the Ricochet rifle... wasted his adds without trouble and piled on the damage. Thrall I was only worried because my previous fight in co-op had me barely beating him, but again, Ricochet Rifle wasted his adds quickly, and Thrall on his own while damaging, is dodged and attacked easily enough. Harrow is by no means a tough boss I know, especially when you have the Ricochet which minces his goons, you can also shoot it on the wall of where he runs to when he runs away so you get some extra damage on him. My worry with Harrow was the fact that he has an instant kill attack and I don't know what animation is the instant kill (I'm guessing it's the charge with the arms slashing all over the place?) and he killed me once with it. Final round I was a bit nervous as I thought going through the areas before the boss room that it was going to be Sear and Scald, which... can get you sometimes with that really fast firing and damaging fire shot he has... however it turned out to be Stormcaller who is a pretty easy boss.

Interesting that you get the account item on the 10th boss's defeat, but you get the trophy after you warp back to the Labyrinth. When I got back the base it awarded me the item for 100 boss kills, so that is a nice fun note, getting the 100 kills item when doing the 10 consecutive kills. 

---

Now I need to find the Iskal Queen in adventure... who has not been showing up...

• Like 3

I also got this solo.

1) Barbed Terror
2) Onslaught
3) Ixillis 
4) Sear and Scald
5) Gorefist
6) Harrow 
7) Scourge
8) Canker
9) Ent
10) Raze

My build was:
Elder Head 

Drifter Chest
Leto Legs

Assault Rifle (hotshot)

Default Pistol (Iron Sentinels)

Brutal Amulet

Stone of Balance

Compulsion Loop

6 Dragon Hearts

I rushed through all levels without doing any looting and tried to stay 4-5 levels ahead of the timer. The only drops I grabbed, were enemies that I killed in front of me.  Got a bit lucky with the elite monsters dropping 12 levels of swift, by the time my run was finished. Hotshot plus the assault rifle's massive rate of fire let me melt everything including the 2 Ixillis bosses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

it was co-op, but ive had game crashes solo not in survival mode tho havent played much solo.

I have too, but in the playing I did of survival on my own, none there. It's possible obviously, but I'd say it is a lot less likely to occur when you're playing solo.

Solo might well be easier to do Survival in anyhow even if it might be a bit more nerveracking. Being with someone in co-op means not only do you have to be good, but so do they. In addition mistakes, unluckiness, so forth can happen. If it happens in a high pressure boss you're then stuck facing off a boss meant for more than one person by yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Got Hero Sword today playing 3P with regular squad when we got the following Boss Order

1. Canker
  2. Shroud
  3. The Ent
  4. Dream Eater
  5. The Thrall
  6. The Unclean One
  7. Raze
  8. The Warden
  9. Totem Father
  10. Scourge

Video with boss fights 2-10 here

We haven't reached the threshold for getting the reward at 20 commutative boss kills yet. Before this, our highest was 4 boss kills with some wipes even before we manage to kill 1 boss because we were encountering bosses we hadn't faced / learned to play against in Campaign / Adventure yet.

I think the thing that helped was the starting level leading up to Canker as first boss was rich with chests and elites dropping trait points leading up to that easiest of Corsus boss fights. Having Shroud as the 2nd and The Ent as the third also helped us keep our momentum, get geared up nicely, good 60 minute potions, as we continued on with the rest.

Ricochet Rifle rules. I am going to look to get that from Yaesha next time I play. So nice that you get to try stuff in Survival that you haven't found / earned and then go hunting for it in whatever way it can be earned.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Could anybody please help me out with getting the 10 boss kills in a row? Playing with randoms is not so effective. We just got wiped by the 9th boss, that's quite frustrating. Feel free to add me. ?

Edit: Thanks to turns_out_im_gay, the god of survival, I already got it. ??

Edited by blackf1re-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, MarcoXenomorph87 said:

Hi guys, could anyone help me with 10 bosses trophy? I can barely get through the 5th boss 1f622.png

Your best bet would be to browse survival games and join randos, it can be annoying when you join in and the host is afk but you can find some pretty decent players in the lobbies, beyond that tho its literally a case of luck, depending on what bosses you roll n how good your gear is, my advice is be as quick as possible but loot what you can without too much deviation if your in rhom or corsus as theyre rich areas, anywhere else just run to boss, by boss 5 you shouldnt need to worry, should have your build by then, good guns mods n armour, 5 hearts and enough cash to start buying the buffs, good luck, but yeah if you roll Ixillis, Barbed Terror or Dream Eater before you got a good build its basically a wipe, sometimes even with a good build if theyre hearty or vicious, the other bosses are easy, make sure to have explosive shot in case you roll Riphide, and Gorefist is easy with 2/3 players if one of you goes up top, hel draw all the exploding adds n leave you to take on fist 1v1 or 2v1

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

Your best bet would be to browse survival games and join randos, it can be annoying when you join in and the host is afk but you can find some pretty decent players in the lobbies, beyond that tho its literally a case of luck, depending on what bosses you roll n how good your gear is, my advice is be as quick as possible but loot what you can without too much deviation if your in rhom or corsus as theyre rich areas, anywhere else just run to boss, by boss 5 you shouldnt need to worry, should have your build by then, good guns mods n armour, 5 hearts and enough cash to start buying the buffs, good luck, but yeah if you roll Ixillis, Barbed Terror or Dream Eater before you got a good build its basically a wipe, sometimes even with a good build if theyre hearty or vicious, the other bosses are easy, make sure to have explosive shot in case you roll Riphide, and Gorefist is easy with 2/3 players if one of you goes up top, hel draw all the exploding adds n leave you to take on fist 1v1 or 2v1

I tried to search some games but players playing survival are just a few. Same thing if I'll host the match ? I did understand the methods but doing solo is difficult, I'm not a monster at this game. The problem is to find other players who can give me a hand. Luck plays a big role in all of this, and again I'm not so lucky, I often get the hardest bosses at the beginning 

Yea it can be stressful, i reached 10th boss three times before i finally did it, rolled barbed terror twice whos impossible that late, or was, might have been patched since but those spikes that come out the walls were literally spamming every 5 seconds at boss 9, n if hes vicious they basically 1 shot, was only doable with veil of the black tear then, n the third time we crashed lol

Persistence is key though you will get a good roll eventually, try opening a session, might have better luck finding someone mate 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I did it when the dlc launched, took ages but mainly because of an insane bug the likes of which I'd never seen in a game before that would make bosses completely impossible to survive. it did get fixed eventually and I ended up doing it soon after that.

hoiwever i dread to think how hard it must be now with Reisum bosses in the mix too. Granted they aren't all difficult but some really are, you gotta hope for a good start, like rhom then corsus, you can smash all the pots and urns in both rhom and corsus make tons of cash, have plenty of time to find gear that boosts currency so that by 5th boss you have atleast 1 of all of the consumables that last an hr, a working build, and possibly some more consumables for later.

i found it easiest with 2. doable with 3 but damage gets a bit too unmanagable by boss 8, even if you balls to the wall speedrun and your level stays ahead it's still just a bit much but the extra firepower is great, so it depends on the player.

the thing to watch out for though, even if you have a++ boss knowledge. is the boss modifiers (the text under boss name) can really fuck things up for everyone. one modifier in particular, I forget the name allows the boss to have a ton of extra hits in every combo, so what would normally be a 5 or 6 hit combo is now 10 or 12 and it can completely catch you off guard even if your great on the boss. also a boss like splitter which heals, getting the healing modifier means sometimes you go in there with a solid group and he just outheals all of your damage since you didn't have the right attachments/skills equipped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

I did it when the dlc launched, took ages but mainly because of an insane bug the likes of which I'd never seen in a game before that would make bosses completely impossible to survive. it did get fixed eventually and I ended up doing it soon after that.

hoiwever i dread to think how hard it must be now with Reisum bosses in the mix too. Granted they aren't all difficult but some really are, you gotta hope for a good start, like rhom then corsus, you can smash all the pots and urns in both rhom and corsus make tons of cash, have plenty of time to find gear that boosts currency so that by 5th boss you have atleast 1 of all of the consumables that last an hr, a working build, and possibly some more consumables for later.

i found it easiest with 2. doable with 3 but damage gets a bit too unmanagable by boss 8, even if you balls to the wall speedrun and your level stays ahead it's still just a bit much but the extra firepower is great, so it depends on the player.

the thing to watch out for though, even if you have a++ boss knowledge. is the boss modifiers (the text under boss name) can really fuck things up for everyone. one modifier in particular, I forget the name allows the boss to have a ton of extra hits in every combo, so what would normally be a 5 or 6 hit combo is now 10 or 12 and it can completely catch you off guard even if your great on the boss. also a boss like splitter which heals, getting the healing modifier means sometimes you go in there with a solid group and he just outheals all of your damage since you didn't have the right attachments/skills equipped.

So what you're saying is that this is probably even harder now than it was prior to the 2nd DLC?  The base game looks fun but I don't know if I'll have the patience for the Survival mode.  lol

Thanks for the very detailed response.  :)

21 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

So what you're saying is that this is probably even harder now than it was prior to the 2nd DLC?  The base game looks fun but I don't know if I'll have the patience for the Survival mode.  lol

Thanks for the very detailed response.  :)

As far as I am aware, the 2nd DLC bosses cannot spawn in Survival Mode. That being said, if for some reason I am incorrect, you can redownload the game without the Experiment DLC installed alltogether. Survival is generally easier then it used to be with lowered difficulty during the first 10 bosses. 

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

To correct my previous statement with 100% accuracy. If the Experiment Expansion is downloaded, it will in fact be incorporated into the Survival Mode content. If you delete the game and only redownload the Swamps of Corsus Expansion, you will not have access to any of the Experiment content in Survival. It is entirely up to you to decide if you want to play Survival mode with all DLC content or not.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

Me and a friend did survival with all dlcs installed and personally didn't find it any harder. There's several bosses within the dlcs that tend to show up so often that they become like all the others in the base game. If anything it helped us because we ran into barbed terror and dream eater less which were the two bosses we hated most. 

• Like 1