Boosting Far Cry 2 in 2020.

bigstevieg85

Hello! I've been clearing up some online PS3 trophies recently and always regretted never trying to do this one properly. I never even started the multiplayer. 

I know it's a huuuge grind and there is a solid looking boosting group on here. I am willing to put the work in, just have some questions I was hoping I could put to the veterans. Apologies if this is the wrong place for it. And I have tried to confirm this info myself. 

So I heard its P2P which is why 12 years on it's still around. Is this true? Or does it look fairly likely this will be around for a few months at least? 

I know some trophies require lots of players. But what is the minimum amount to effectively boost? I'm doing Bioshock 2 at the moment and it's a minimum 4 players to even start a game so there is a lot of downtime. 

This diamond glitch makes me very nervous. It has the potential to be disastrous. Is it really worth doing? 

And my main question....is this really worth attempting in June 2020?

Many thanks. Much love. 

Edited by bigstevieg85
Additional question.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You need 3 players for Soldier of Misfortune, 16 for War Party and 1-2 for everything else. The servers aren't P2P but are broken as hell and prone to lengthy periods of downtime where you can't access them.

That reminded me of another question I had. Are the trophies still glitchy unlocking or has that been patched?

Edited by bigstevieg85
Spelling mistake

Just now, bigstevieg85 said:

Thanks. So you can effectively boost with just 2 players? 

For certain trophies you can but Soldier of Misfortune needs 3 players minimum due to certain weapons having Multi-Kill requirements. If you want to efficiently boost XP, then you will need 3 players for that as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigstevieg85 said:

That reminded me of another question I had. Are the trophies still glitchy unlocking or has that been patched?

Safari Party only glitches out if you have the DLC installed but the Map Download trophy is extremely buggy at the moment so may require upwards of 60 map downloads and ratings before it pops. Due the servers being pure trash, you can only play 3-4 games before they crash and you have to reboot the game.

If you haven't already started this game, then I recommend staying a million miles away from it because it's broken trash and about as fun as having teeth pulled without any pain killers.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

yeah its stuff like rebooting and crashes that will try my patience starting from scratch. I just want to get on a roll with it. 

I genuinely don't think my ps3 would take a reboot every 3 to 4 games going for this. 

Edited by bigstevieg85
More info

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

The playerbase is near non-existent at this point so even boosting may be a problem.

I saw a boosting session with 44 members so I was hopeful! Really appreciate you clearing that up. 

Edited by bigstevieg85
Spelling mistake

You need 3 for the medic trophy as well.

The diamond glitch is pretty hard to mess up. Yes, it's worth it...it will save you a couple hundred hours of boosting. 

There is a 1500XP cap per round. level 20 is 250,000XP, level 30 is 1500000. With the glitch you only need to get to 250K. If you don't care how your trophy list looks, you can do the diamond glitch early. I think I de-ranked once I hit level 5. 

• Like 1

I feel like if you can get the 16 player trophy out of the way and can find a boosting partner with 2 ps3s or 2 boosting partners it's well worth it just to get a really rare plat I did my plat this year not super long ago so it's definitely doable and once you get in a proper rhythm it's not that bad at all just slow going and I'm actually proud of myself and feel accomplished

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

If you haven't already started this game, then I recommend staying a million miles away from it because it's broken trash and about as fun as having teeth pulled without any pain killers.

It sits at 7/49 right at the bottom of my list. Last played 27th December 2008. Those innocent times before I paid any attention to trophy hunting!

52 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I feel like if you can get the 16 player trophy out of the way and can find a boosting partner with 2 ps3s or 2 boosting partners it's well worth it just to get a really rare plat I did my plat this year not super long ago so it's definitely doable and once you get in a proper rhythm it's not that bad at all just slow going and I'm actually proud of myself and feel accomplished

Thanks. I get ya, those feelings are exactly why I was considering it! 

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

You need 3 for the medic trophy as well.

The diamond glitch is pretty hard to mess up. Yes, it's worth it...it will save you a couple hundred hours of boosting. 

There is a 1500XP cap per round. level 20 is 250,000XP, level 30 is 1500000. With the glitch you only need to get to 250K. If you don't care how your trophy list looks, you can do the diamond glitch early. I think I de-ranked once I hit level 5. 

Yeah that rank difference definitely makes it worthwhile!

Edited by bigstevieg85
More info
  • Like 1

Big tip if you're serious about this, just get 3 consoles to do everything at your own pace or at the very least two consoles and a reliable partner for revives/multikills. I did it this year, and with 3 consoles was able to clock it under 45 hours, you're looking at double that or more depending on how many other people you decide to boost with.

2 hours ago, bigstevieg85 said:

So I heard its P2P which is why 12 years on it's still around. Is this true? Or does it look fairly likely this will be around for a few months at least? 

Your priority should be the 16 player trophy and the Adventurer & Mapper trophies, I think adventurer even became unobtainable due to server maintenance recently but it's back up. Get these 3 out of the way. Everything else is believed to be P2P but I guess you still need servers for matchmaking, anyways, you should be fine to take your time with the rest.

I know some trophies require lots of players. But what is the minimum amount to effectively boost? I'm doing Bioshock 2 at the moment and it's a minimum 4 players to even start a game so there is a lot of downtime. 

You need 2 total players for manuals, and 3 total for revives & multi kills. 

This diamond glitch makes me very nervous. It has the potential to be disastrous. Is it really worth doing? 

The glitch is simple to do, simply avoid using your last diamond as you'll need it for the glitch. Follow instructions and all is well.

And my main question....is this really worth attempting in June 2020?

I suggest you go for it if you care about completing the series or played it previously. I won't say the game is good or bad, it's definitely unique in the series, but you're definitely looking at a clunky experience, especially if you played any modern far cry recently.

There's a lot of glitches in the multiplayer, both good and bad, but luckily there's a lot of information about it too. Once you figure out its quirks, it's just a matter of putting the time in.

Good luck

• Like 1

Another tip if your going for this once you have enough diamonds to fill out a row level out all the guns for that row do this as soon as possible once you have all the manuals and such for those guns tell it to pull the diamonds out you WILL lose 1 level and access to atleast the final gun of that row honestly if your just going for getting the online trophies done and not serious playing for fun losing access to the guns isn't a big deal since it finished with those anyway. Now since u have those diamonds back and u do still have all those manuals and such (don't worry they stay even with the diamond Respec.) Just ignore that row and finish off the rest now you have afew diamonds you won't ever have to use so once u hit rank 20 it's impossible for u to screw yourself out of the de-rank glitch cause u still have the now unused row of diamonds sitting there 

Why I suggest doing it this way as early as possible is the losing 1 rank when it's early on it's easy to just rerank cause it's alot less exp u need as opposed to later when it's a massive amount and many matches 

• Like 1

I've just done it recently with 2 reliable players. 

If you really want to go for it just do it asap because everything is so glitchy and servers look really weak.

It took us like 90 hours but fortunately they weren't 90 hours of "active" playing because we took turns for kills/revives and to be honest I guess most of time I was simply doing my stuffs letting the console running on its own while my buddies were doing kills/revives so it's still definitely doable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

I've just done it recently with 2 reliable players. 

If you really want to go for it just do it asap because everything is so glitchy and servers look really weak.

It took us like 90 hours but fortunately they weren't 90 hours of "active" playing because we took turns for kills/revives and to be honest I guess most of time I was simply doing my stuffs letting the console running on its own while my buddies were doing kills/revives so it's still definitely doable.

I've ordered a copy off Ebay so I'm probably gonna test the waters this week.

4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Another tip if your going for this once you have enough diamonds to fill out a row level out all the guns for that row do this as soon as possible once you have all the manuals and such for those guns tell it to pull the diamonds out you WILL lose 1 level and access to atleast the final gun of that row honestly if your just going for getting the online trophies done and not serious playing for fun losing access to the guns isn't a big deal since it finished with those anyway. Now since u have those diamonds back and u do still have all those manuals and such (don't worry they stay even with the diamond Respec.) Just ignore that row and finish off the rest now you have afew diamonds you won't ever have to use so once u hit rank 20 it's impossible for u to screw yourself out of the de-rank glitch cause u still have the now unused row of diamonds sitting there 

Why I suggest doing it this way as early as possible is the losing 1 rank when it's early on it's easy to just rerank cause it's alot less exp u need as opposed to later when it's a massive amount and many matches 

That explains it a lot better than anywhere ive read. Thanks. 

• Like 1