Throwing a bit of hate towards 'I am the Night'

Just gonna send some shade this way. I made it all the way to blackgate before batman decided to jump straight into the electric water rather than doing a glide. This kills you instantly and voids the fuck knows how many hours you just spent. Also I didn't realise I could save-scum it on PS Now but I'm sure as shit looking into it.

Fml who thought that permadeath was a good feature for a game this goddamn slow. Like 'Hey do you want to play this game 3+ times?! :D' ..no of course I don't. Nobody does.

I'd be less annoyed if a boss had killed me or something like that, but falling in some fucking water because for god knows what reason he just decided not to glide? After you've done basically all the hard stuff, that's just bullshit.

P.s. this post is just so I can rant and potentially amuse anybody else who may have experienced similar. Back-up those saves people.

• Like 4

Didn't have any problem with that trophy in this game but I understand you I would be cross bread between mad and sad if that happen to me almost finishing the game. I can advice you to do a backup or really fast get out of the game if you see yourself in trouble (I think that work in this one). I wish to give you more tips but it has been ages since I got the plat.

Good luck on your next round and hey at least you are playing an awesome game.

Edited by NordicSaiyan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question about IATN, does Worst Nightmare progress save between attempts? Like if you clear rank 7 on IATN, die and try again, will you now be on rank 8? I'm trying to figure out how many predator encounters I have left on NG+

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2020 at 8:48 AM, nrs1nrs1 said:

Quick question about IATN, does Worst Nightmare progress save between attempts? Like if you clear rank 7 on IATN, die and try again, will you now be on rank 8? I'm trying to figure out how many predator encounters I have left on NG+

I saw you completed the Worst Nightmare track. Did you find the answer to your theory concerning IATN?

Edited by bikeman223

32 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I saw you completed the Worst Nightmare track. Did you find the answer to your theory concerning IATN?

Sure did! Did the 13th challenge, died and started again. I was on number 14, which I took care of using the easy method in the GCPD and then 15th in the predator room in GCPD

9 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Sure did! Did the 13th challenge, died and started again. I was on number 14, which I took care of using the easy method in the GCPD and then 15th in the predator room in GCPD

When I checked I saw that I only had number 14 and 15 left so I might not need to restart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done with I Am The Night yesterday.  I too died a fair chunk into the game before utilising the back up save, which was a life saver given I died right at the first phase of the final Bane boss fight when he repeatedly charges you!

Like others have said, it's weird that a game like Arkham would include perma death when its slow paced throughout. But if fits in with the whole theme of the Arkham Origins game / platinum: great campaign but weighed down by an abundance of boring crap to do and repetition. Having to complete the game and challenge maps three times over was just so unnecessary. 

• Like 2