Enormous Katamari trophy tip

Hello there!  I'd figure since I recently got the platinum in this game and had a bit of trouble with this trophy myself I'd post a tip that helped me get the Enormous Katamari trophy.

This trophy requires you to get a 2 million km size katamari, which can only be done in the Wake Up The King! level.  You'll need Katamari Forever, Drive, Classic and Eternal unlocked and finished on any level that has these modes. 

You'll also need to complete the three co-op levels, which each have a Forever, Drive and Classic as well.  This will add nine more planets to the end level (Peanut, Cherry and Glove planets).  You're probably better off using the two controllers yourself.  Some people (me included) opted to just control each controller with one hand.  It's a little tricky, but you can control the katamari without too much difficulty.  Another suggestion I saw was to tape both sticks up and r2/l2 down on the second controller, but I didn't try this myself but thought it might help to mention.

When you get up to space level, you need to start out collecting regular stars, comets and space ships before tackling anything larger.  Once you get to a certain size, these things will vanish.  This will also help you get the collector trophy as you'll have a better chance of rolling up all the planets, including ones you have created through the story (co-op planets do not count toward the collector trophy).

Be sure to jump on top of the sleeping king as he has about 15 or so stars sitting on top of him.  You can get to these after one or two sizeups in space.  Be sure to do this before you can roll up the king as once you get to a certain size, they will vanish.

Using this method in combination with completing the nine (possibly twelve, I'm not sure if the co-op levels have Eternal or not) possible co-op planets, this should let you hit around 2,005,000 km.

Good luck!

Edited by Froopy the Cowbear
  • Like 4