Far Cry 2 is down [it's up again]

REAPER4536

Unfortunately this is one of the things you have to deal with with FC2. I remember they went down quite a bit when I was going for the MP. Ubisoft, despite their many flaws, do have a pretty good track record when it comes to shutdowns (as far as I recall) so unless it comes from one of their official channels I would just keep on trying.

• Like 2

On a side note, was this game any good? I always wanted to check it out. Funny story, awhile back (years ago) I was at the store, I believe it was Best Buy. I was out of games to play on the PlayStation. I was standing there looking at two games. This one, Far Cry 2 and another called Fallout 3. I was unable to make up my mind and stood there reading both game descriptions over and over. Then out of nowhere someone walks up behind me and can tell my frustration. He leans in and quietly whispers, get the Fallout 3. It is a way better game and you will love it. I had nothing to loose so I grabbed the Fallout game and left. For the first time in a very long time, someones game recommendation was actually good. I always wonder what I missed out on with Far Cry 2. I did however play the third one and really enjoyed it, well all but the fact that the main character who you play is kind of a cry baby.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Ubisoft, despite their many flaws, do have a pretty good track record when it comes to shutdowns (as far as I recall) so unless it comes from one of their official channels I would just keep on trying.

I can't agree with that, because of them i have only 1 game with impossible platinum => Pure football

Ubisoft just closed server without any warning (despite the fact that they had to warn people about it 30 days before doing so ... but they just didn't care about it -_-)

That's why i have so many games started with only MP done (Far Cry 2 for example XD) ... just to avoid server closure without warning =/

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, StressEater said:

On a side note, was this game any good? I always wanted to check it out. Funny story, awhile back (years ago) I was at the store, I believe it was Best Buy. I was out of games to play on the PlayStation. I was standing there looking at two games. This one, Far Cry 2 and another called Fallout 3. I was unable to make up my mind and stood there reading both game descriptions over and over. Then out of nowhere someone walks up behind me and can tell my frustration. He leans in and quietly whispers, get the Fallout 3. It is a way better game and you will love it. I had nothing to loose so I grabbed the Fallout game and left. For the first time in a very long time, someones game recommendation was actually good. I always wonder what I missed out on with Far Cry 2. I did however play the third one and really enjoyed it, well all but the fact that the main character who you play is kind of a cry baby.

If you can overlook the many glitches and a weak ending, then the single player is ok but the MP is some of the most broken garbage you will ever have the misfortune of playing. If the single player campaign ever gets remastered and released as a standalone, then you can do a lot worse than punt on it but in it's current PS3 incarnation it's one to avoid.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you can overlook the many glitches, then the single player was ok but the MP is some of the most broken garbage you will ever have the misfortune of playing. If the campaign ever gets remastered and the glitches fixed, then you can do a lot worse than punt on it but in it's current PS3 incarnation it's one to avoid.

Thank you. I really appreciate the information. Last thing I need is another broken game on my trophy list. Stupid Warhammer Quest ?

2 hours ago, seblegamer said:

That's why i have so many games started with only MP done (Far Cry 2 for example XD) ... just to avoid server closure without warning =/

Same boat, this honestly is the golden rule if you're starting ps3 games in 2020. Online comes first, always.

• Like 1

On 9.6.2020 at 5:32 PM, StressEater said:

The single player game is great if you don't care that much about trophies

The multiplayer is not worth it at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbeqmeister said:

The single player game is great if you don't care that much about trophies

The multiplayer is not worth it at all.

Thank you for the information. I feel at this time it would be best to spend that time working on other games that are filling up my backlog. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...