Best Fishing Rod Stats?

DrakeHellsing

I've not really touched the fishing, only doing it once for that fish king guy.  But since there's the whole, fishing in dungeons ordeal for medals that I'll need, not sure what the best stats to aim for on this fishing rod will be.

I can also make the Lure Rod if I need to, but don't know if that's suppose to be better or not.

But yeah, it's really for the dungeon fishing as well as catching that one fish that the fishing kid wants, the one that needs to be over 60cm I think it was.

If I remember my PS2 days, there isn't really a best way to go about getting the fishing medals, but there is a general agreement that the Lure Rod tends to catch larger fish more regularly. I think you need to be in at least Chapter 4 to fully utilize it, thought, because you need lures.

6 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

If I remember my PS2 days, there isn't really a best way to go about getting the fishing medals, but there is a general agreement that the Lure Rod tends to catch larger fish more regularly. I think you need to be in at least Chapter 4 to fully utilize it, thought, because you need lures.

Ah gotcha.  If that's the case, then I'll create the lure rod and use that, put some stats into it for strength and all that so it can reel them in without the line snapping.

Figured I should ask before I actually go and do the fishing and not waste time with it xD

Actually I've never used the lure rod (I think it should be the 2nd rod you obtain the game, the one with the artificial baits, like the fork, right?), only once for the ultra-rare fish in Heim Rada, but nothing more. And the infinite bait glitch, which is really useful for the post game dungeon, since you can buy every gem and medal and create your ultimate weapons! :)

About the stats, well, strenght is surely useful for bigger fish, but also the others can help you for finding bigger fishes (especially for medals that requires huge fishes, like 60-70 cm!). Surely you need to increase the lowest stat (I don't know the english name, maybe "catch"? In Italian is "presa" :hmm:. I think it should be the 4th or 5th in the list), because I had a really hard time for big fishes in Rainbow Butterfly Woods and Starlight Canyon. I looked on some internet forums and I found that this stat is related to fish dimension. So I started to raise it, and it worked!

P.S.: ok, I checked, and the stat is the "Grip", not "catch". :facepalm:

9 hours ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Actually I've never used the lure rod (I think it should be the 2nd rod you obtain the game, the one with the artificial baits, like the fork, right?), only once for the ultra-rare fish in Heim Rada, but nothing more. And the infinite bait glitch, which is really useful for the post game dungeon, since you can buy every gem and medal and create your ultimate weapons! :)

About the stats, well, strenght is surely useful for bigger fish, but also the others can help you for finding bigger fishes (especially for medals that requires huge fishes, like 60-70 cm!). Surely you need to increase the lowest stat (I don't know the english name, maybe "catch"? In Italian is "presa" :hmm:. I think it should be the 4th or 5th in the list), because I had a really hard time for big fishes in Rainbow Butterfly Woods and Starlight Canyon. I looked on some internet forums and I found that this stat is related to fish dimension. So I started to raise it, and it worked!

P.S.: ok, I checked, and the stat is the "Grip", not "catch". :facepalm:

Everything I’ve read says grip is useless and not to put any points into it. Either suggested it impacts vibration (pretty much debunked) or reel in speed. I supposed this latter might be useful for catching more fish within a time period to cut down on grind time.