The Last of Us: Part II Has No Difficulty Trophies

Shame that it won't BUT I'm sure they'll most likely do what they did with the first game and add in a DLC for it. 

I'd definitely be up for that!

Still going to play it on Survivor though, after a normal playthrough.

Edited by ImmortalFox-
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ImmortalFox- said:

Shame that it won't BUT I'm sure they'll most likely do what they did with the first game and add in a DLC for it. 

I'd definitely be up for that!

It annoys me when games do that. Should just be with the base game & list. Games that add it after the fact (Rage 2, Days Gone etc) just do it to lazily try and stretch out the games longevity. Just do it to begin with!!

• Like 4

Just now, OTPYG said:

It annoys me when games do that. Should just be with the base game & list. Games that add it after the fact (Rage 2, Days Gone etc) just do it to lazily try and stretch out the games longevity. Just do it to begin with!!

I agree with you. I'd prefer it to be in the original list but it's the hand we've been dealt. I'd of at least liked to see a Survivor one for the time being.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

As someone who recently got the plat on TLOU 1 and Uncharted 4 i'm kind of glad to hear the plat isn't locked behind difficulty. They wanted you to complete like 6 or more playthroughs for TLOU, thank god for the exploit to just go one round on easy and one on grounded。

You can do it one** playthrough...

*Sorry, two. Forgot about +

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Collectibles, missables, multiplayer and difficulty trophies are the worst. 

The most fun trophy lists have none of those. Glad Naughty Dog is going in the right direction

There are probably collectibles and missables (although likely chapter select, renedering the latter less of a problem). This is purely stating that the blog suggests no difficulty trophies.

My two cents in general is that I'm largely glad the platinum will be easier, but I would have done the difficulties if it was required for the Platinum - if they release a NG+ DLC, which I expect, I'll do that too. Is what it is. Can play on harder difficulties still if you find it more fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Collectibles, missables, multiplayer and difficulty trophies are the worst. 

The most fun trophy lists have none of those. Glad Naughty Dog is going in the right direction

Agree with the multiplayer trophies, disagree on the other 3. Even some MP trophies aren't that bad.....but I think they need to be relatively easy to obtain and the game needs a fun online mode.

I like collectibles. Missables are a pain if you have  no desire to replay the game but both encourage exploration. Difficulty ones can also be hit or miss depending on if its worth trying on a harder difficulty (ideally...difficulty ones will stack).

My least favorite trophies are (aside from annoyingly difficulty/grindy online ones) the ones that require you do something that in no way would occur during a normal play through. Uncharted games have a few of these (like UC4's run the gauntlet - stealth, melee, explosion and headshot kill all within 15 seconds or the take out XX enemies in a row with melee after softening them up with gunfire). Ones like the Arkham Knight "perform 15 different combos in a single free flow". The odds of someone doing that accidentally without actively grinding it in a VR mission is unlikely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhantomFear94 said:

There are probably collectibles and missables (although likely chapter select, renedering the latter less of a problem). This is purely stating that the blog suggests no difficulty trophies.

My two cents in general is that I'm largely glad the platinum will be easier, but I would have done the difficulties if it was required for the Platinum - if they release a NG+ DLC, which I expect, I'll do that too. Is what it is. Can play on harder difficulties still if you find it more fun.

Collectibles aren't fun especially in linear games. Even with chapter select it's more just blindly following a guide

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Collectibles aren't fun especially in linear games. Even with chapter select it's more just blindly following a guide

That wasn't my point, just clarifying I wasn't making any suggestion that collectibles won't feature. I am all but certain they would. I like collectibles if they serve a purpose in exposition or cool rewards/perks/easter eggs, and there aren't too many. I'd rather fewer, more creative collectibles than pointless ones. DOOM/DOOM Eternal does this perfectly.

• Like 2

As I said in the other topic, this is disappointing for a survival-based game, especially compared to other survival horror franchises like Resident Evil, Dead Space, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, etc.

Given Naughty Dog's past games and their consistent ability in conforming to industry standards, i'm 99.9% sure there will be an additional trophy pack, especially since many other games have been doing that lately: Marvel Spider-Man, Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn, Far Cry 5, etc. When they do it, I hope it does exactly what MSM/HZD does and have NG+ AND Grounded difficulty in the same pack. There's no need for them to have two separate packs.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1