The Last of Us: Part II Has No Difficulty Trophies

23 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

The more options of gameplay variations that they can add is the best to fit the the taste of everyone, you only need to worry for your experience, not the others.

Aww I’m sorry for having my own opinion on a forum site ? 

14 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Turn off? wtf how is giving more options to the player a turn off. If you don't want to fiddle with the settings just play the hardest difficulty. There are people out there who like playing around with settings. Personally found grounded on the first game a lot of fun but I would much rather have something that can be tweaked to your liking.

If you need to fiddle with the specific factors for difficulty in the first place then why not just play the easiest difficulty? And yeah I found grounded to be fun as well, but if you’d much rather play games that practically hold your hand all the way through, then good for you. Once again, that’s just my opinion.

13 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

It's actually a great and bad thing. It's great because it allows one to customize the difficulty to their choosing. It adds a layer of replayability that exceeds the traditional preset difficulties. It's bad when exploited by people who say they want a true challenge but only go halfway with the settings.

This logic makes a lot of sense. Thank you for actually being logical rather than defensive like most on this site. I can see how replayability can be increased with this too. 

2 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I really don't like the way videogames become more and more accessible to the point where everyone will have the same 'result-equality'.

Exactly this. I was trying to find the words to describe how I’m feeling about this but you worded it perfectly. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Also reliable source can now confirm it:

r/Trophies - [News] The Last Of Us Part 2 Trophies won't be limited by difficulty!

As mentioned by TJ_Solo, my source was an official PlayStation blog point blank saying that trophies are not limited by trophies. So the original source is as reliable as you're going to get. Wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

23 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Fair enough that it's one of the multiple reasons but i fail to understand what the other reasons are(perhaps i should go through the entire thread) 

As long as you don't assume or generalize everyone disappointed in no difficulty trophies are because it's the only thing capable of motivating them to play the hardest modes, that's good.

Its not about having pre conceived notions but I literally only noticed being upset that its a waste since people won't be incentivised to experience the game on survivor/grounded which in their opinion is the best way to play the game.

That's only one side. My personal issue is the list seeming to be no challenge. The game isn't a true survival game, but it doesn't need to be to have a challenging list. Average difficulty is difficult—because contrary to the wide misuse of difficulty terms—it requires a moderate level of skill, so that would at least be a better option than what seems to be the case now. By extension, I find the lack of difficulty mode trophies disappointing also, not because its absence will prevent me from playing on harder difficulties (which it won't) but because the trophy list itself isn't challenging me hard enough or at all to complete it for its platinum.

Shouldn't the gameplay be the reward if that's the best way to play the game idk.

Yes, but trophies are usually additional rewards that come with that. That's . . . one . . . disappointing aspect about the game/trophy list.

Another comment I saw was people being upset that it won't be an UR or Rare platinum. I understand that this is a trophy website and we all obviously care about trophies but I doubt this would have been a UR or Rare to begin with even if it had difficulty trophies since there are no multiplayer trophies. That was the hardest part about the tlou plat. 

May'be, but the secondary playthroughs and all-collect related things are also rare trophies, and the game is known for having an infamous collectible bug preventing certain collectible trophy unlocks.

I don't understand how there can be any negative about custom difficulty personally. I personally would only understand it being fradulent if it was something like a hollow knight list(game is literally a super hard challenge and it could be a UR plat but the glitch effectively destroys the value of the plat and takes away from the people who achieved it without glitches. I personally could't care less but I would understand if someone had an issue with that.

It's an easy way out, which makes it a negative. (Good things can have negative side affects or consequences.) It's fraudulent because it's only partial commitment, like say a person explicitly claiming they ran 3 miles when then ran something like 2.6 miles.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

On 10/06/2020 at 3:39 PM, Barbeqmeister said:

Collectibles, missables, multiplayer and difficulty trophies are the worst. 

The most fun trophy lists have none of those. Glad Naughty Dog is going in the right direction

So really what you want is the trophies given away? I hate how easy trophies are to get these days, takes away the whole point of it for me. I get no satisfaction from getting an easy platinum.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

If you need to fiddle with the specific factors for difficulty in the first place then why not just play the easiest difficulty? And yeah I found grounded to be fun as well, but if you’d much rather play games that practically hold your hand all the way through, then good for you.

The issue with preset difficulties is that you're stuck with all their gameplay changes, even if you only really need it for some areas. This can go for hard difficulty players as well.

So take this game for example (and for the record I haven't looked up exactly what you can adjust, so these are just generalizations). Let's say you really love the combat and resource management of the hardest difficulty, so you would usually play that. But you feel the enemy catches you out of stealth too easily and your AI companions are a bit too useless on that mode, and you hate puzzles to the point that you almost immediately go to guides. With custom difficulty, you could ideally adjust your experience to account for all of this, instead of having to stick with the hardest mode and all of your issues with it.

• Like 1

Really not a big deal and this coming from someone who has a pretty high percentage of my trophies/platinums that are ultra rare.

Does the fact that 48% of the people recorded here have the platinum for Spider-man make it a worse game or one to avoid?  Of course not.  

There are so many games, many with very challenging plats.  Variety is the spice of life.  And I am sure the 100% will be very rare when all is said and done.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

Idk. Personally I've always disliked difficulty trophies.  USUALLY the hard difficulty is barely more difficult than normal, so it just feels more tedious than fun.

I've always preferred game to be more like the SoulsBorn games, where there isn't a difficulty setting. That way you KNOW you're playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

There are plenty of ways to introduce trophies into a game, to show you have really mastered the game, with having to resort to something a trivial and basic as "you beat the game on Super Mega Hard Mode".

That and multi-player trophies for a game thats not inherently multi-player, like TLOU, are super annoying. 

On 10/06/2020 at 4:23 PM, steel6burgh said:

Hopefully there will be something to challenge us other than following a collectible guide to take away from the story.  No multiplayer or difficulty please cut collectibles out of the mix too.   

Sure. Do you want the Platinum without finishing the game too?

10 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Naah, ill wait for my copy of the game and see it myself. Should be getting one either tuesday or wedbesday.

LOL, Greg Miller from kindafunny has platinumed it and said on camera that there are no difficulty trophies. 

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Haha, the rarity is going to end up with prob 90-95% with that list. It looks like 2/10.

Nah Spider-man only has 48%. This is going to be lower than that

47 minutes ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Sony stopped including Difficulty related Trophies for the Platinum Trophy so that everyone has a chance to get them at their new AAA-First Party Releases.

It's usually the developer that decides what trophies the game has, not necessarily Sony...still I think its inherently fine though no need for any difficulty trophies.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, JDeVilaC said:

Dude I was completely being sarcastic.  I want the difficulty trophies.  Crazy that you couldn't look at my post and get that out of it so you try to be smart.  My point was they take out the fun part, higher difficulty trophies, and leave the stupid collectibles which take away so much from the gameplay.  anyway it all went over your head which doesn't surprise me on here.

On 6/14/2020 at 0:26 AM, JDeVilaC said:

Since this is your first post let me give you a piece of friendly advice. Before replying check the trophy list of the person you are replying to. Then maybe next time you won't embarrass yourself.

sounds like theyve gone down the God of War/Spiderman route of collectables and story over difficulty. those games were fun platinums, so hopefully it works with this one too :). guessing we might see a lone difficulty dlc trophy at some point lol?

hoping we have to still get the most out of the game to grab the platinum, and that an easy setting doesnt turn the combat/gameplay into a walking sim type experience.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:42 AM, SirPigFace said:

I dont mind the difficulty trophies, its when you have to play 3 different playthroughs to finally unlock the last difficulty that annoys me. 

Yep. Difficulty is just fine...unless the highest difficulty is locked behind a normal playthrough, a hard playthrough, etc.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, JDeVilaC said:

Ratalaika time!

Edited by starcrunch061

On 15/06/2020 at 5:46 PM, TheNarrator said:

sounds like theyve gone down the God of War/Spiderman route of collectables and story over difficulty. those games were fun platinums, so hopefully it works with this one too :). guessing we might see a lone difficulty dlc trophy at some point lol?

hoping we have to still get the most out of the game to grab the platinum, and that an easy setting doesnt turn the combat/gameplay into a walking sim type experience.

If you worried about, then why play the game on easy to begin with? Easy is obviously going to be pretty damn easy

I bet that they add DLC trophies that are difficulty related. It’s a very common trend with Sony first party games.

They did this with Days Gone, Spider-Man, Horizon and couple of others I believe. 

So just be considerate that you all may have to revisit this on Survivor later on.