The Last of Us: Part II Has No Difficulty Trophies

6 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Ya'll are complaining about TLOU2 not having a difficulty trophy in the game while i'm here more worried about why the list has only half of the trophies it did than in TLOU

'Tlou'

Half how exactly? TLOU 2 has 26 trophies vs the 24 base game trophies TLOU had

It's really a shame imo. I tend to play games on the default difficulty. Therefore, when I recently started TLOU, I played my second playthrough on Survivor and it was extremely rewarding. The harder difficulty forced you to play the game in a specific manner that really heightened the experience. What a milquetoast trophy list overall.

That's unfortunate.  I really like difficulty related trophies in games.

And in TLOU in particular, the more you pushed yourself with the difficulty the better the game was.  It was nice to have the trophies push people toward that.  Of course, even without the trophies, you could still choose to play on a higher difficulty... but, we know fewer will and I wonder if that will lessen the impact of the story and how the game is received, among trophy hunters at least.

Overall, it's a strange decision...

• 2 weeks later...

I platinumed the first game which was a bit of a grind but proud to have it , pretty rare relatively so I find it prestigious, I'm almost done finishing the second and I did it on survivor, I've knocked it to hard now on ngas I'm just playing for the weapon upgrade trophy, and it's just not going to have any prestige , but I'll get it anyway, why would they not give you a reward for the more difficult levels, even though it's not exactly sekiro ( Which I gruelingly platinumed to ). still , someone who walked through the game on easy is going to have the same reward, I hope From software never take this route! lol

• Like 1

There's one boss fight in particular I think might not be possible on Grounded, unless they just make it the same as Survivor.

It's kind of like how on Uncharted 4 there are some battles that are probably impossible on Brutal, the difficulty that was eventually added to U1-U3.

I'm kind of glad there are no difficulty trophies. Now I can just do my cleanup playthrough on Very Light. I had been assuming I would need to do Survivor and Survivior NG+ like the first game, and this is so much longer! Hard is my favorite way to play the first game so that's what I did this one on. You definitely can't just go guns blazing. But I also like not having to just stealth the whole thing.

Also I assume there's no difficulty trophy because of the accessibility options. They were first added (at launch) to Lost Legacy, and lock on aim made Crushing a joke. So I guess they figured they could make the difficulty trophies a joke, or lock out trophies if you use the accessibility options, which kind of defeats the point of them. So they just decided not to bother, I'm guessing.

Edited by emailking
  • Like 2