Multi-Tasking

pksTOXIC

i was working on bomber trophy and interceptor trophies first, and got a bunch of hero kills, but the Take out the leader challenge is still 0/25, i'm just pissed they don't count.  i'll try the hero starchips mode -- but do  i have to kill them after my hero is killed to have them count?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pksTOXIC said:

1. what an annoying trophy

2. is this boostable?

It's very easy to boost in Hero Starships under the Heroes vs Villain section. You can have a friend search at the same time in a region thats not very populated like Australia/Brazil. One person kills themselves at the beginning of a match, then you switch to a fighter ship. You then agree to meet somewhere on the map and proceed to kill them. You can then both split off and try to kill who's left. The round ends after all hero ships are dead. I was averaging 2-3 kills per match with a friend.

2 minutes ago, pksTOXIC said:

i was working on bomber trophy and interceptor trophies first, and got a bunch of hero kills, but the Take out the leader challenge is still 0/25, i'm just pissed they don't count.  i'll try the hero starchips mode -- but do  i have to kill them after my hero is killed to have them count?

Yes, you have to be playing as a fighter ship. For those two trophies you were using bomber and interceptor ships.

To switch regions, go to options and go under EA settings. The ping/region is there

Edited by NomadDragon
  • Like 1

took me 4 hours but i got the trophy.  Sticking to my opinion that's it's a terribly annoying trophy -- not "difficult" just not fun and i felt like a jerk killing myself immediately in Hero Starfighters just to spawn as a fighter.  Also, you get far more points not using a hero, so that and the trophy almost suggest that as a strat, which is stupid.

Just finished this and would probably count it as one of the most dreary grinds I've put myself through. The amount of times I had kills stolen at the last second, guys who would crash just as I was about to get the last hit in or just start going around in a circle so I would be chasing the same ship over and over only for the round to end just as I was catching them. Doesn't help that Hero Starfighters is one of the least active modes on the EU servers so it can take a while to get a game going to begin with, and then when you're dropped into a match where half the players kill themsleves in the first ten seconds (I get I'm part of the problem there but it doesn't make it any less infuriating) it feels interminable. I suppose it's still way quicker than doing it in the regular starfighter mode at least. My tip is when you're a hero play as the Naboo Fighter and when you're a villain play as the Vulture Droid, the Naboo ship especially seems to be way overpowered compared to other fighter ships. They're the only ones I managed to regularly kill more than one ship per game with.

• Like 3

Just got this yesterday from playing starfighter assault. I found that being on the defending side of the objectives helped alot. Sometime I would be targeting a hero ship, and they would all of a sudden fly in a straight line to shoot their objectives. That's when I pulled out all the stops like my R1 and R1+L1 on them. I think the most important thing is your R1+L1 ability as that turns your primary into a machine gun type (vulture droid) or it gives you extra damage (I think? (Naboo fighter))

• Like 1

It's not too bad. Started playing this about 2 weeks ago and have 13 so far.

Besides playing experience, the main issue is the getting your fighter up to at least level 15 (preferably 25) to make your ship more viable.

Edited by rotoninja

This is how NOT to make a trophy.  I'm currently on 3/25, would be at 10+ if it wasn't require to be on the starfighter class.  The shit is just dumb but at least the game is good. 

They should of made it to so that the class doesn't matter or get 25-50 kills as a hero ship. 

• Like 1

This trophy was very easy for me. I did it in 2 hours from 0 to 25. I focused only on hero ships, especially when they had not much HP. I could kill even 3 or 4 per game. I have one advice. Focus only on them, don't let them go and use your special abilities all the time and you will get in very very quickly.

• Like 3

On 14/06/2020 at 4:52 PM, Fr_0zt said:

This is how NOT to make a trophy.  I'm currently on 3/25, would be at 10+ if it wasn't require to be on the starfighter class.  The shit is just dumb but at least the game is good. 

They should of made it to so that the class doesn't matter or get 25-50 kills as a hero ship. 

I know what you mean, going for the bomber trophy I must have killed a dozen heroes, it's so frustrating

• Like 1

I did this today. I tried heroship showdown but thats too grindy for me. And not much xp for the time you have to invest. Just play starfighter as fighter ship all the time. Upgrade your star cards. Every timewhen you get respawn press and hold the touchpad to check if a heroship is in the game. Remember his name and go after him. Simple. I had a lot of fun doing this.

3 hours ago, TheNarrator said:

thought i was doing well getting 7 or 8 while doing the Bomber trophy, and didn't understand why i still had 0 on the stats xD. gotta do even more now lol.

You need to play as a fighter class ship, not a bomber.