Multi-Tasking

pksTOXIC

i recommend like the others just go to Hero Starfights under Heroes Vs Villians, got the last 15 i needed in a few games.

crash your hero ship as soon as match starts then select the 1st fighter on select screen... found rebel side easier to get the kills since fighter also has a turret L1+R1

• Like 1

Sorta, but you'd have to get someone to be kn the enemy team and let you kill them in a public match. But id honestly recommend doing it on hero starfighters to save time. But i found it easier on the normal starfighters modes because no hero ships could gang up on you and get easy kills

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 10:53 AM, BlackTorito said:

I felt awkward blowing my ship in Hero Starfight.

Sometimes is hard because everyone blows their ship and the round ends in 10 seconds.

Pretty annoying trophy honestly.

hahahahahh same happens to me

The thing is, i've tried that but seems like hero ships were untouchable. I've played a few matches and couldn't even get 1 with a fighter ship. They spin a thousand times when you're chasing them while the other chase you and kill you in an instant

I tried that hero starfighter and either there weren't enough people to start it, or I couldn't kill anyway. I went back to the regular starfighter and played to upgrade my fighter. I ended up spending about 5-6 hours on this trophy but I got through it. In some matches I got lucky and got three hero ship kills. The fighter that was most suited to me is the one whose L1+R1 skill raises a cannon in the back that can shoot backwards. I got quite a few random kills with that, and kills from (hero) ships following me.

Even in hero starfighter I needed an upgraded fighter anyway, which I had to get by playing regular starfighter. So I thought I'd just go for the kills there.

I got this trophy earlier this morning and I agree with others who said it's not hard per se, just tedious and awkward. The lobbies tend to be dead and it felt dishonourable crashing my ship instantly just to get the fighter. You have to make sure you're on a team that's good enough so that they don't die and end the round quickly but also mediocre enough that they don't end up shooting all the hero ships or stealing your kills. This is the biggest problem with this trophy imo - the rounds end too quickly. There’s also making sure you don’t end up in a match where everyone is going for the same trophy. I once ended up in a lobby where 3 out of 4 of the enemy team crashed their ships at the beginning of a round lol

Some general tips for those who are currently going for this trophy without boosting is that the millennium falcon is the easiest hero ship to kill due to how slow it is, so if you find yourself on the villain side prioritise it. Problem is a lot of people realise how crappy the ship is in this mode and so don’t use it but occasionally you get a noob who will lol. Also, I personally found the vulture droid to be the best and the one I got the most kills with. Lastly,  I’d also say that whenever you have a hero ship that is just flying round in circles don’t chase them as you’ll be there forever. Just pull out far and fly back so that you're going at them straight again, just like at the very beginning of a round. Repeat as necessary.

Good luck!

On 13.6.2020 at 7:36 PM, Incandenza1 said:

My tip is when you're a hero play as the Naboo Fighter and when you're a villain play as the Vulture Droid, the Naboo ship especially seems to be way overpowered compared to other fighter ships.

This. Idk if it’s Placebo because I’ve read the comment, but I feel like I got way more kills than usual using these two ships. 

• 2 months later...

So, is the method of going into Hero Starfighter still the recommended way of doing this?

I ask, as the times I have tried it that way, either there aren't enough people to even start the damn match, or if there are, seemingly my entire team suicides at the beginning (presumably due to this!) & the match lasts all of 20 seconds.

Is it best just to go normal starfighter & just lurk about until a hero ship turns up maybe? Seems annoying/monotonous, but has to be better than the wait/start/end cycle with zero kills between I have been going through...

May be it is unpopular, but I have enjoyed my way to this trophy without boosting. Just use the double and triple XP to improve the Fighter, and be patient. Check the enemy ranking time to time to know if there are Hero ships, find them in the map, and play smart, wait to have partners and pursuit him. Do not waste your main weapon, sometimes I have lost my kill because I cant shoot. Aim for big ships, except Boba Feet. It takes a few hours, but in long matches you will take out a couple, just follow the steps.

The Hero Starfighter route never worked for me. Even the rare times i would get a match up i would get killed way too easily. Very frustrating,

Normal Starfighter worked much better. Fly around the fringes of the map, keep checking the player list for Hero Ships to pop out. Usually there's 2 or 3 at any given time so I'd just keep a look out for them and go after the first one i see. Kept shooting at them from a good distance, too close and they would be able to pivot around away from me too easily and get the drop on me.

its still very time consuming though and i had to get a lucky more than a few times to get the final kill shot in. Took me a while to get this ☺️

I did in hero star fighters but personally I found it a lot harder than some people in this thread seem to be suggesting, took me >10 hours, I had a lot more like defeating the millennium falcon and the ship that is a big face (forgot it's name) than any other hero ship, the only issue is people are out to steal your kill against these ships. 

11 hours ago, Peneuvista said:

May be it is unpopular, but I have enjoyed my way to this trophy without boosting. Just use the double and triple XP to improve the Fighter, and be patient. Check the enemy ranking time to time to know if there are Hero ships, find them in the map, and play smart, wait to have partners and pursuit him. Do not waste your main weapon, sometimes I have lost my kill because I cant shoot. Aim for big ships, except Boba Feet. It takes a few hours, but in long matches you will take out a couple, just follow the steps.

7 hours ago, RustyBacon13 said:

The Hero Starfighter route never worked for me. Even the rare times i would get a match up i would get killed way too easily. Very frustrating,

Normal Starfighter worked much better. Fly around the fringes of the map, keep checking the player list for Hero Ships to pop out. Usually there's 2 or 3 at any given time so I'd just keep a look out for them and go after the first one i see. Kept shooting at them from a good distance, too close and they would be able to pivot around away from me too easily and get the drop on me.

its still very time consuming though and i had to get a lucky more than a few times to get the final kill shot in. Took me a while to get this 263a.png

Don't want to sound dopey here, but what does this mean? How would I do this (& what is it I should be looking out for if I do)?

10 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

Don't want to sound dopey here, but what does this mean? How would I do this (& what is it I should be looking out for if I do)?

Hero Ships have their own icon on the ranking, it is easy to identify. Check every time that you get killed. Look at the icon at the username s left.

12 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

If you bring up the leader board, you can tell what type of ship everyone is using by the icon in front of their name. Icon for Hero Ships kinda looks like a star. 

13 hours ago, Peneuvista said:

Hero Ships have their own icon on the ranking, it is easy to identify. Check every time that you get killed. Look at the icon at the username s left.

Feels like after I get killed might be a touch too late, but that's useful to know. :) 

11 hours ago, RustyBacon13 said:

If you bring up the leader board, you can tell what type of ship everyone is using by the icon in front of their name. Icon for Hero Ships kinda looks like a star. 

Haha – Truth is, I have no idea how to bring the leaderboard up, but am guessing that it’s either an options or a touchpad thing. I can work that out though I guess.

That is if I can actually muster the energy to go back to starfighter mode though. I went in last night for a quick go to see if I could get anything done (I still have pretty much all the starfighter related trophies to do) & just ended up battered & dizzy. It’s really rough when you are trying to get used to it/the ships & you are just getting hounded/constantly slaughtered by players that have all purple cards. :| 

9 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

Haha – Truth is, I have no idea how to bring the leaderboard up, but am guessing that it’s either an options or a touchpad thing. I can work that out though I guess.

That is if I can actually muster the energy to go back to starfighter mode though. I went in last night for a quick go to see if I could get anything done (I still have pretty much all the starfighter related trophies to do) & just ended up battered & dizzy. It’s really rough when you are trying to get used to it/the ships & you are just getting hounded/constantly slaughtered by players that have all purple cards. :| 

Yup, Touchpad it is ?

This was my last trophy before the Plat so i didn't want to stress myself out too much. But yeah, getting killed 20 secs in when you just spawned or getting blown to bits by the same jackass ass 5 times in row like you ran over his dog, ain't exactly fun.

So, I'd stay on the fringes of the map and take out the AI ships or just go after objectives while i wait for a Hero to pop out. And i gotta tell you, after a while, it became strangely freeing once I knew my quarry's name. Fly into battle, wouldn't even fire my guns, looking for that 1 name (or 2) that would appear on my screen and my hunt would begin. The battle would fade away and it would just be me and him, until i get my glorious kill.. Or, he smashes into a bulkhead. Oh well, who's next?

But if you haven't upgraded your ship, that would really, really help. Again, going after the objectives would help with that (there's a trophy in it for you as well)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Got this trophy today using a mix of Starfighter Assault and Heroes vs. Villains. I started playing the multiplayer one week ago, so it didn't take me too much time to get it. However, it's not an easy trophy at all. It's very luck based, in the sense that you can be a decent pilot, but you depend on other people to get the trophy. A lot of things can go wrong in a match (the ship you're going after crashes, the player quits the game, other players steal your kill or kill you in the process) and it's annoying. 

Heroes vs. Villains is technically easier but lobbies are constantly empty and sometimes you join a match and your team dies in 30 seconds. I also didn't have much fun playing this mode, so it was a chore to get the kills there. Starfighter Assault on the other hand is super fun, but you need to be more patient and deal with more people trying to ruin your day.

I really recommend upgrading your ship at least to level 15, with blue cards for health, torpedoes and primary weapons. I had a hard time even getting close to hero ships before that because my ship was vulnerable to everything. After level 15, it became easier. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been working towards this whilst working on the other trophies. I'll start the game as a bomber to get the 50 dual torpedo kills, then once a Hero ship shows up I'll play the rest of the game as a fighter. I have eight kills so far and I'm currently at level 7, so should get easier. I average about one kill a game. You just need to persevere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got it done this morning. Ended at level 18, although most of that is thanks to triple XP, so never got to fully equip my fighter. Four Hero Ship kills in one match was my best. It's just one of those things that come naturally and will get it long before you reach level 50 as I'm only level 31 and that is all I need, plus the 500 Hero kills, for the online trophies.