MohandGamer7

Platinum Difficulty

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I noticed the game is on sale for $1 but can’t find a guide for this game and looking to the rarity of the platinum it looks hard to get but i wanna know how hard it really is because rarity means nothing most of the time. 

The game is pretty fun and sometimes demanding (when going for the gold medals). I'd give it a 6/10 with a completion time of about 20 hours depending on skill level. A friend had this game and I watched him play a few times, I never ended up getting it because he complained about the controls not being very good.

Edited by johnclark12

I'd give it a 3/10 guide is insane for giving it a 7/10 game isnt pure cheese but you dont have to put any thought into your gameplay 

10 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

I'd give it a 3/10 guide is insane for giving it a 7/10 game isnt pure cheese but you dont have to put any thought into your gameplay 

Thank you for the info

I found this quite hard to plat...especially some of the bonus levels are a pain.

6/10 for me regarding difficulty.

I think a 6/10 is a fair difficulty rating for this game. The hardest part is learning the most optimal way to move through a level, since the levels often feel designed around said paths. Once you learn them though, executing a plan is a simple process of practicing until you get it down, which isn't that challenging, since levels are fairly short.

Well, it's not a 3 out of 10. I'm thinking that 6 or 7 seems fair.

The hardest thing about the game isn't even finding the optimal level. It's getting past the strange design decisions. For example, most games immediately boost your jump when you hold run at the same time, but this one actually requires the bear to gain some momentum before he can jump farther. I can't tell you how many times that's screwed me up.

Another annoyance is that the bear actually has to grab onto a wall to do a wall jump, but he only grabs the wall as he slides down a bit (unlike, say, Super Meat Boy, where you can perform a wall jump as soon as you touch a wall). 

The time trials are pretty annoying in this one, though I haven't really given them a fair shake just yet. You only need 30 golds, and about half of those can be gotten from boss fights and auto-scroll levels. 

But by far, the most annoying thing about the game is the stupid target at the end. I hated this mechanic in Runner 2, and I hate it even more here.

Does this game actually play well, is it worth it? Looks like an epic meme bro, but do like a challenge.

4 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Does this game actually play well, is it worth it? Looks like an epic meme bro, but do like a challenge.

It can definitely be a fun game to play and get better at. However, it's worth noting that it controls similarly to N++ in that your movement is based on momentum, meaning that it takes a second for Dumpster Bear to reach full running speed. You won't be able to jump the full distance that you can jump without gaining speed first, which puts a greater emphasis on remaining at top speed for the majority of the level. The level design complements this well most of the time, with most levels being able to be completed without losing too much momentum. There are a few levels that were incredibly frustrating to complete because of unfun level design, such as 6-4 and (I think it is) the second coin level in world 3. For the most part, however, the levels are designed fairly well.

Tl;Dr: Fun game if you get used to the controls and overlook some levels that are unfun to get better at.