Trials of St. Lucia Online Not Working

Afro_Gear

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Lmao and you consider that a serious answer?

Well, I just tried to login to the trails minutes ago and basically I couldn't even access the trails menu, I think something will be revealed soon regarding this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

Well, I just tried to login to the trails minutes ago and basically I couldn't even access the trails menu, I think something will be revealed soon regarding this one.

A sign of maintenance, I’m sure! Though an “under construction” window would have sufficed ^^

Hey guys, as you know I'm a supporter, heck I created this thread, but I'm very leery of contacting the BBB over things such as this. I can very easily imagine them disregarding all game server complaints as trolls or false claims. I feel we should save this over a bigger title. Maybe we can keep up the grass Roots effort on Twitter. Also, I am 99% sure he has a list of retired (no longer supported) games and that's what he was referencing. I highly doubt they pulled the server plugs, that's why you can still access the list. It's much more likely that they just temporarily broke like they have in the past and it will come back online.

3 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Hey guys, as you know I'm a supporter, heck I created this thread, but I'm very leery of contacting the BBB over things such as this. I can very easily imagine them disregarding all game server complaints as trolls or false claims. I feel we should save this over a bigger title. Maybe we can keep up the grass Roots effort on Twitter. Also, I am 99% sure he has a list of retired (no longer supported) games and that's what he was referencing. I highly doubt they pulled the server plugs, that's why you can still access the list. It's much more likely that they just temporarily broke like they have in the past and it will come back online.

No, I tried today to access the trails menu and I just couldn't pass the "connecting..." screen, at first I thought they will do maintenance but now this is just absurd, I'll try to find a good server emulator money can buy to access these trials somehow...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

No, I tried today to access the trails menu and I just couldn't pass the "connecting..." screen, at first I thought they will do maintenance but now this is just absurd, I'll try to find a good server emulator money can buy to access these trials somehow...

Even if that would work it'll likely get you flagged.

34 minutes ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

Is that possible with U2 and U3? XD... I will put money on that s***...

EA is not owning up for their product that is still for sale, and they are not abiding by 30 day notice. Who on earth would call us out on helping ourselves?

No one who knows what a forum is for that’s who ?‍♂️ 

If they simply allowed for a downloadable pack of trials that could be installed and accessed offline, and implemented local co-op, EA wouldn’t even be hearing from us.

1 hour ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

there was not a single hint about the closure at all.

17 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

EA is not owning up for their product that is still for sale

They delisted the multiplayer DLC over 3 years ago. That is a flashing warning klaxon that the servers were not long for this world. I am amazed they stayed up another 38 months after that given it is EA, probably all by the grace of some EA server tech who was a fan of the game.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Guardian_owl said:

They delisted the multiplayer DLC over 3 years ago. That is a flashing warning klaxon that the servers were not long for this world. I am amazed they stayed up another 38 months after that given it is EA, probably all by the grace of some EA server tech who was a fan of the game.

Not delisted, I bought the full bundle in the PSN UK store

1 hour ago, PrimitiveRetro said:

this game was on my wish list and ill probably never try it at this point,

I was reading the thread hoping there would be good news but what a way to ruin a trophy list with online dlc.

You don't seem an hardcore trophy hunter. The game is still worth a try and a nice alternative to GoW. Platinum is still obtainable.

• Like 1

On 14.7.2020 at 0:44 PM, Cpt_v0kA said:

That's interesting. i can still access the trials and see the leaderboards. It just stuck forever when i try to download a trial

1 minute ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

That's interesting. i can still access the trials and see the leaderboards. It just stuck forever when i try to download a trial

As of right now? If yes then we still have a chance in this because I can't connect to EA servers at all.

20 minutes ago, DeathNyx said:

You don't seem an hardcore trophy hunter. The game is still worth a try and a nice alternative to GoW. Platinum is still obtainable.

I got my hard to the core from dead space 2 boy.

hardcore I am.

27 minutes ago, DeathNyx said:

Indeed, the base game is quite fun. The DLC trials were an ok diversion, though grindy to get trophies and I gave up on the 100%ing the trials DLC pretty quickly since it required 2 player co-op in difficult challenges and the server in 2016 was already quite barren. The Dark Forest DLC is very lame. It's basically just one of those EA trials except with a few added puzzle elements. It takes place chronologically just before the events of the game, so there is barely any story content.  So if you can pick up just the disc for cheap sometime I say go for it, I doubt the base game will ever be on sale on PSN again as they have pretty much stopped digital sales on PS3 games.

Edited by Guardian_owl

7 minutes ago, PrimitiveRetro said:

I got the cd luckily I did not add it to my backlog

Cool, pretty much the only thing to watch out for to complete the platinum is there is no chapter select, so you can't miss any of the collectibles. Otherwise there's nothing preventing the platinum from being obtained as the trials are not a part of it.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1