Trials of St. Lucia Online Not Working

Afro_Gear

Prediction: SSX’s RiderNet goes offline. Everyone, whether they have 100% or not, somehow still haven’t touched it despite launching in 2012 (since apparently we shame people for that ?‍♂️), or just still playing for high rolling fun, goes nuts.

EA offers no comment, no recourse, no offline alternatives, no modified trophy condition. They don’t care. Same boat as Portal 2 and St. Lucia.

Plot twist: some geniuses engineer a new server for SSX (Idk if there’s any connection to Dante’s Inferno? SSX is still working I think). It goes live, called SpiderNet (laugh at my jokes dammit), the DNS is published and we are all happy. The End.

OR

I just might have to settle for an H like I *almost* had to for Portal 2.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NeoSnake- said:

I agree with you. Maybe we should try contact BBB right away.

Like the BBB is a solution for everything. You should've contacted them regarding all the recent PlayStation Store website issues, not for small things like this.

Probably won't ever get those trophies again, which is a shame for you guys who bought the Complete Edition of Dante's Inferno.

I just wanted to get this because it looks like a good God of War clone. Best to accept the fact you can't get the 100 percent anymore.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

I'm still tweeting at them almost every day, it's kinda depressing known that no one actually would care but whatever.

I'm still working on an alternative way to access the trials, I'm not really sure about the community levels tho...

• Like 4

There were some issues at the begin of 2017. I got my last trophy when the servers worked correctly. Perhaps we can try the same way again. But I did not found the topic in this forum. 

Damn I should have tried it earlier but I was signed out several times from psn during my last tries so I lost the mood to finish it. 

18 hours ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

I'm still tweeting at them almost every day, it's kinda depressing known that no one actually would care but whatever.

Your persistence is admirable, but sadly I get the impression they're not going to do anything about it this time around..

6 minutes ago, Ferruccio5 said:

Please can anyone explain me why thy are still selling the complete edition (Dante's inferno + Santa Lucia Trials) on the european store for 29.99 euro with the server shut down? Damn EA!

Money and greed, that's why. The online maybe gone but you still play the main game and the Story DLC offline so EA couldn't care less that you're paying for a chunk of content which is utterly worthless and can't be used. A lot of publishers do this so it isn't an EA exclusive tactic but that doesn't stop it being any less scummy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferruccio5 said:

Please can anyone explain me why thy are still selling the complete edition (Dante's inferno + Santa Lucia Trials) on the european store for 29.99 euro with the servr shutted down? Damn EA!

St. Lucia is mostly non-functional without online, but as I understand it you can still make your own one player trials to play locally, so it's inclusion is not a total loss even with the servers gone. Even if you were to consider St. Lucia's inclusion worthless, the DLC bundle is purchased at a cost that is lower than buying the rest of the DLC individually (granted 3 of those are just extra soul currency). Purchasing the game + DLC super bundle provides additional savings over buying the game and DLC bundle separately. The game is so old they wouldn't bother re-doing the bundles at a lower price with St. Lucia removed, they would just delist the bundles like they did in some other territories several years ago and make you buy everything piecemeal at a higher cost. Would you prefer that?

Edited by Guardian_owl

On 7/16/2020 at 4:17 AM, Lance_87 said:

Like the BBB is a solution for everything. You should've contacted them regarding all the recent PlayStation Store website issues, not for small things like this.

Doesn't mean it hasn't worked before. Besides, they were supposed to give a 30 day notice as printed on the back of the physical game case. Edqn1JkU4AEC2CK?format=jpg&name=large

4 hours ago, j_shorty2 said:

Doesn't mean it hasn't worked before. Besides, they were supposed to give a 30 day notice as printed on the back of the physical game case. 

My guess is they consider the delisting of the multiplayer DLC page from store fronts as the notice and all these years that it has still been up has been gravy time. I doubt it was a planned shutoff, they probably just kept it going as long as they could and when it finally broke down again (as it has done periodically over the years) they either couldn't fix it, the person who would know how to fix it no longer works there, or they didn't want to expend the resources needed to get it running again given the DLC was released is over 10 years ago.

People, this is a EA game, you got to accept the servers are gone and will not become online again.

From now on anything that doesn't make money through micro-transactions will be ignored.

It's annoying for us perfectionists but this is how it is.

Whatever's written on the box of a 10 years old game won't change anything.