Trophies you thought you didn't have the skill to do but you managed to do it.

charxsetsuna

Just a few recent examples:

Better than the Best: Complete all missions in Sniper Elite 4 on Authentic+ Difficulty

Roof Runner: Speedrun mission 2 in Unravel 2

LUNATIC: finish Outlast on highest difficulty which includes no death and no save

BOWELWHISTLER: Complete Outlast's DLC Whistleblower on highest difficulty which includes no death and no save too

• Like 2

I was pretty intimidated by the online wins in WWE games... but it turns out I was a lot better at it than expected. I won a majority of my matches (something approaching 75%) and a majority of the people who beat me were, predictably, cheating buntcurgers exploiting anything and everything they could put their hands on... sweaty, cheeto dust-covered hands that deserve a short and sweet date with a broadaxe. And I did most of the matches before I had to really get the micro down for the Allen Jones Styles Tower of Broken Brokenness... thankfully, broken in some good ways, too.

• Like 2

Street Fighter V - Let's fight someone strong. 

Basically reach gold rank in online ranked. Took me 3-4 months to grasp the concepts of the game and n9t get my ass handed to me but it was well worth it. Still can't believe I pulled it off. 

• Like 1

Injustice Gods Among Us - STARS missions and Battle Mode

Guitar Hero Metallica - 575,000 on Creeping Death Expert Guitar

Max Payne 3 - NYMHC (Whole game in 1 sitting without dying)

Uncharted 3 - Overseer and everything else

Uncharted 4 - Crushing Survival on S O L O 

Call of Duty - Literally every zombie easter egg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Street Fighter V - Let's fight someone strong. 

Basically reach gold rank in online ranked. Took me 3-4 months to grasp the concepts of the game and n9t get my ass handed to me but it was well worth it. Still can't believe I pulled it off. 

I was planning to do this a few years back but unfortunately I gave up. My internet connection is not good enough to train on ranked 

Just now, Gotakibono said:

1S032165.png

Max Payne 3

I honestly thought completing this game in one sitting without dying would be beyond me, not even just from a skill perspective but from a patience and stress perspective. I don't know how I managed it; went into some sort of hyper-focused trance on my third attempt, which I promised would be my final attempt at it. I honestly don't think I'd be able to do it again if you paid me.

this is on my to do list

• Like 2

Shovel Knight - Hurry Up!

Beating the game is 1:30 hours. Not overly impressive compared to some of the other ones on here but I generally hate time limits because they really stress me out so I impressed myself by doing it. I just really loved the game I guess. Even then I only beat it within less than 5 minutes to spare and the final boss is always a pain for me so I was literally sweating into the controller.

Chemophobia and Ostiophobia from Rogue Legacy.  Those two re-mix bosses pretty much taught me that I could train myself to do almost anything if I put my mind to it enough.

The game itself is halfway in my wheelhouse (RPG-ish) and half way out of it (bullet hell).  Much of the game was rather mild; those two re-mix bosses were anything but.  I've put more time and effort into some other (non-grindy) trophies, particularly some of them in Zen Pinball 2, but these particular achievements take the cake.

Edited by acasser
oops, cleaning up a typo
  • Like 2

There's a trophy on Gran Turismo 5 for golding every event, including the insanely difficult Red Bull car challenges. I thought I had no chance at first but with a decent steering wheel and a lot of practice, I only just did it.

Edited by DogFoRaw5
  • Like 2