Trophies you thought you didn't have the skill to do but you managed to do it.

charxsetsuna

For me it would probably be the trophy for completing combo training in Dead or Alive 6.  Another couple from the same game that linger in the memory are the trophies for getting 50 wins online and 5 consecutive online wins.  I did both of those legit without boosting so for someone who isn't too good or experienced with fighting games I was pleased with myself to achieve them.  

• Like 2

WipEout 2048. Beat Zico and reach Mach 1.5? Hahah, no way.

And then I did both.

Much easier than doing the same in HD, admittedly - but still! I also think Modnation Racers Roadtrip had some tough nuts to crack, glad to have bagged them all while the servers were still online. I remember standing in the store thinking 'shit, if I get this I likely won't Platinum it'. Joke's on my past self, because once I find a cheap second Vita, I will bag the Plat.

Other than those, nothing comes to mind. There's definitely some hard Trophies on my profile, things like Deus Ex' Foxiest of the Hounds and a fair few Yakuza Trophies, but nothing that made me think 'I won't be able to handle this' beforehand. I aspire to one day get Vanquish Platted, those final two Tactical Challenges have always eluded me.

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 2

1. Mein Leben from Wolfenstein 2. Nuff' said about this one.

2. By my hand alone from the Dunwall city trials dlc in Dishonored 1. This trophy is heavily rng dependent as you have to kill every single enemy that is pitted against you for 13 waves. The enemies are often part of opposing factions and as such, are hostile towards one another. Often, your runs will be ended from bs as the enemies tend to kill each other within seconds of a wave starting leaving you no time to react.

3. The platinum trophy from Tom Clancy's Ghost recon future soldier. The barrier that nearly made me give up on this platinum involved the multiplayer component. Online matches require a minimum of 8 players and it is already hard enough to find them and set up an amicable time and date for boosting sessions. On top of that, I had to deal with the absolutely terrible servers as often, it was almost impossible to form a squad and connect to one another. What a nightmare. 

Edited by MATT_THE_FLY
  • Like 3

Hmm the "Idk if I'm going to be able to do this" has hit me a few times but not too often. Here are the ones I remember...

Hope Seemed Lost:

Hollow Knight Trials, and then Pantheons

Black Ops III Realistic Training Simulator

Just Started to Doubt Myself:
WWII Save Klaus Zombie Easter Egg

Limbo/Little Nightmares Flawless Runs

Hotline Miami 1/2 A+ All Levels

Alien Isolation Hard/Deathless/No Killing Runs

And I'm Still Stuck:

Dead Cells: 3 BC and most likely 4 BC Runs

Arkham Knight: Iceberg Lounge Marathon

Wolfenstein II Mein Leben, although I've only tried once

Just a few come to mind,  

New York minute hardcore- max Payne 3

Overseer- uncharted 3

Robotosphere- the shoot, hard minigame,  had to get to round 30

And although I haven't completed yet I wanna say track mania turbo.  I've just completed the black series valley with gold and I've been told they're the hardest in the game.  Still got 20 tracks to go.  

It's actually an on-going affair for me right now. Pretty sure I don't have the skills (or luck), to get the Bloody April codex in the Friends in High Places trophy for Battlefield 1. With the latest patch, I had little difficulty with the Airborne Cannons codex, but I now I'm getting suspicious that they compensated by making this codex tougher.

No matter what YouTube stratgey I try, I simply cannot get four bombers to survive. I'm lucky if two make it to the target. I've probably tried 50 times and no luck. This might be a platinum blocker for me. D:

For a trophy I did succeed in getting, the Challenge of the Gods trophy in God of War was just ghastly. Can't count the amount of times my screen read "You are dead." Finally found a trick in one of the forums here, changed my attack style and breezed through it. 

19 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Hardcore Mode on Dead Space 2 might've been the most stressful experience in gaming for me. Just constantly panicked about losing hours of progress.

Wow congrats! I've been working on this on and off since earlier this year!

• Like 1

UFC 3

14S143375.png   UFC 82: Pride of a Champion: Sign a Superstar Contract on Legendary difficulty during your Career.

Never thought i would get this with that ridiulous A.I, but turned out quite easy with a little practice in the grappling/submission area.

Ironic that the Championship fight turned out to be the easiest fight during the career and finished it with a ko.

A1MyWpV.jpg

Have already posted this in the "Trophies you got without boosting" thread, but I guess it counts for this one too.

Never, EVER did I think that I would have the patience nor the skill to achieve the Extreme Variety bonus, let alone the Triple Escape one. But I turned on my inner beast mode, and came out victorious.

I even think I got those two bonuses the same night.

I couldn't believe my eyes when the trophy popped.

• Like 3

DEADBOLT

4L890e3c.png

:gold: War

Get a five star rating on every mission.

Five-star all 27 missions of the entire game might seem a daunting challenge, but yes it is. It is determined by time and accuracy, with the latter being the most important. The shitty controls of this port of the game only added fuel to the fire, as I had to beat the two damn missions on Chapter II on five-star! My interest was fluctuating, to whether I decided to get this trophy or not, but after a year, I decided to complete those missions, and god-holy-knows-why, I've finally got it. It was a pain in my damn neck.

The Force Unleashed 2 has several timed challenges for its Champion trophy. I just barely completed some of them by a faction of a second. Though it felt more like luck than skill. I suppose Great Dane from Metal Gear Solid 2 is a better example as that required beating the game on extreme and I definitely struggled with some of the bosses and encounters.

Edited by bikeman223

Impress Warren Vidic in Assassin's Creed Revelations (twice)

Healing Hero in Valiant Hearts
Binge Watching and Drift Like a Tester in The Crew 2
No-Win Scenario in Star Trek Bridge Crew

The Master Assassin trophies on Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Not trophies, but beating Ghost Recon Wildlands and Far Cry Primal (survival, expert difficulty) with permadeath.

• Like 3

For me, I have more of an in-game accomplishment example than a PSN trophy.

One of my first ‘Oh, HELL no!’ moments that I can remember was Street Fighter EX2 Plus on the original PlayStation.  Once you’ve beaten all of Expert Mode (what we’d call combo trials today), Maniac Mode unlocked.  Maniac Mode was one insane (and imaginative) combo that the game asks for you to do to the opponent, usually using the Excel combo system.  Remember, this was during the time where there wasn’t an instant guide you could pull up instantly online.  To make a long story short...they were *BRUTAL*, but eventually conquered (Doctrine Dark & Kairi...?).

Hopefully, you all get to see more of this experience if they make the PS5 backwards compatibile with PS1 games and adds trophies?  ?

• Like 1

First ones that came to mind:

"FuturLab Certified," from Velocity 2x. My thumbs were crippled by the end⁠—I feel like I had to develop an entirely new skill set for this one.

Max Payne 3's "The Shadows Rushed Me." Came within an inch of dying near the end of my successful run, and it probably shortened my lifespan.

"Well Master" in Downwell. Required building a lot of muscle memory. You also have to get pretty lucky.

All of the optional boss trophies for Rogue Legacy. Somewhere around dying 50 times to a boss, one begins to wonder if completionism is a worthwhile pursuit.

"Furier than Ever," from Furi. The Burst's final phase on this difficulty is humbling, to say the least.

The PS3 was my first PlayStation and Infamous was among my very first games. I had never played anything similar and I found the game hard... but I perservered. It therefor bugged me to no end that I just could NOT kill the final boss. After countless attempts I rage quit and it has bugged me ever since. I never properly finished the game. 

Fast forward 10 (!) years and thanks to PS Now I gave it another go. From scratch as my savegame was long gone. I easily beat it this time and I really enjoyed my victory! I guess all those years of gaming made me a better gamer ?

Edited by Sifferino
  • Like 1

The three star crushing trophies for Uncharted 4 Survival and pretty much any difficulty related trophy. I always imagined they'd be harder to get, like Grounded in The Last of Us or Crushing in the Uncharted series, but it's more learning patterns rather than skill.

The three stars on Crushing can thoroughly go to hell though...