Trophies you thought you didn't have the skill to do but you managed to do it.

charxsetsuna

5 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

snip

Tony Hawk never had a great physics system. Even with Tony Hawk Underground 1 + 2 on the PS2 I had a rather difficult time getting some of those feats done.

I despise Activision, but if this new Tony Hawk proves good I might just get it for the nostalgia. I loved watching the X Games back in the late 1990s/early 2000s. Tony Hawk was the fucking bomb back in the day.

Edited by Spaz

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Tony Hawk never had a great physics system. Even with Tony Hawk Underground 1 + 2 on the PS2 I had a rather difficult time getting some of those feats done.

I despite Activision, but if this new Tony Hawk proves good I might just get it for the nostalgia. I loved watching the X Games back in the late 1990s/early 2000s. Tony Hawk was the fucking bomb back in the day.

Yeah it's been so long since I played the originals so I can't really compare it to the original and claim it's any worse, and I admittedly started with THPS 4 which as I understand had different physics than 1 and 2. The game is absolutely fantastic and really great for nostalgia but getting to the end of the trophy list is definitely challenging. It's around there that you start to notice that certain jumps can be pretty finicky, and that some gaps refuse to trigger 75% of the time.

Quite a few of them
Drakengard 3-Mainly Final Boss(Took me weeks to beat the thing or something like that, would like to replay the game one of these days, but the final boss keeps putting me off on from doing so)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Crash Bandicoot-Time Trials
Sonic Forces- Time Trials(I also did this twice, once on PS4 and Switch)
God of War- Challenge of the gods(And wasn't sure I would be able to be the whatever the hard difficulty was either)
SSX
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Rayman Legends
Modern Warfare 2- Didn't think I would be able to beat very difficulty(Or whatever the name was)
How to Train Your Dragon- Mainly That precision trophy with recreating dragons, kind of forgot most of that by now anyway other than having to remember color which was a pain to do.

As far as the rest goes, either been so long I forgotten how difficult they were or I knew I would get them at some point.

18 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Getting the no damage bonus against Sen. Armstrong on Revengeance difficulty in Metal Gear Rising (Sam’s DLC). Definitely the hardest fight in the entire game and there’s a reason it’s in my trophy cabinet.. 

The game looks badass though. Don't know how much quick reflexes and actual skill on your part come into play for this.

Le0c04d.pngLcbdea7.png

These two are the most recent on my list that I thought would never get done. Both cases are games that I put off for a long time because I reached a hard part, then came back to nervous because I had been out of practice for too long.

Luckily, both had trophies that required me to play through the main game again, which was a primo time to brush up on my skills, and both times that ended up getting me through the end.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

The game looks badass though. Don't know how much quick reflexes and actual skill on your part come into play for this.

Yep, it's completely badass. The soundtrack does the game wonders. From what I've read over on .org most people consider that challenge from Vanquish to be tougher than anything MGR has to offer so you should be alright. The biggest difficulty spike is VR mission 18 and the boss fight I mentioned in this thread.

1 hour ago, groomyboy said:

Getting all 50 perfect medals in Velocity 2X.

I enjoyed the game so much that getting those 50 perfect medals didn't feel like a chore. Wish more indie developers would make something this fast paced and addicting.

1 hour ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Luckily, both had trophies that required me to play through the main game again, which was a primo time to brush up on my skills, and both times that ended up getting me through the end.

I struggled with Shock and Awe (Extreme) and Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) so much that I put the platinum on hold and started Batman: Arkham City. Went back and spent several hours practicing, and finally got the combat challenges done.

You have less of a window to pull off combos in Arkham Asylum, whereas in Arkham City Batman has a sweep attack that automatically stuns enemies, plus combos aren't as difficult to pull off.

In Predator, yeah. Arkham City is much harder than Arkham Asylum.

46 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Yep, it's completely badass. The soundtrack does the game wonders. From what I've read over on .org most people consider that challenge from Vanquish to be tougher than anything MGR has to offer so you should be alright. The biggest difficulty spike is VR mission 18 and the boss fight I mentioned in this thread.

So does the game rely a lot on timing and hitting the right buttons? Seems there's a lot you have to focus on to not get hit, according to videos I watched on YouTube.

Dropping fools in MKX

win 10 1v1 ranked matches in a row

I did this legit as there was no glitch at the time and I didn't really expect to platinum the game ever due to over hard trophies, 

I ended up playing the game for hundreds of hours and one day it just happened, I knew that I'd went from a fighting game newb on my first fighting game

to a lover of the genre, and later got mk9 plat (tho that was boosted due to nobody online)

though I am scared of the more complex quarter circle inputs of street fighter I really want to platinum it before the servers get cut.

next platinum: Sf IV

On 18/9/2020 at 0:26 AM, Spaz said:

So does the game rely a lot on timing and hitting the right buttons? Seems there's a lot you have to focus on to not get hit, according to videos I watched on YouTube.

For the most part, no, not really. You can get away with spamming (for parrying). Revengeance all S-Rank is actually pretty doable with the Fox Blade, would highly recommend using it for your Revengeance run. But when it comes to the harder fights (like VR mission 18) you’ll absolutely need to learn how to perfect parry to complete it. So yes, the harder fights do require a lot of timing. Especially Sam’s DLC, you’ll need to get really good at dodging to have a chance. He plays much different to Raiden so there’s that too, another skill set to learn.

Three come to mind:

:silver:  Is There Anything You Can't Do? (Trials Fusion)

There are 120 challenges in this game and they range from pretty straightforward to borderline impossible unless you're a complete master of the game. Some of the zero-fault runs on the Extreme tracks were done through weeks of practice (looking at you, Top Roach...) and I had to learn the ins and outs of the game since I'd never played Trials before that.

:bronze:  Mein Leben (Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus)

Speaks for itself really. After failing at the last boss twice I never thought I'd be able to finish this game on the hardest difficulty without a single death. I put myself through hell trying to figure out the best strategy for each stage and it eventually paid off (I was extremely lucky on my actual run in so many places but we got there!).

:gold:  Black Belt Champion (LUMINES Remastered)

I was at this for a solid year and I consider myself a pretty good Lumines player having earned the 100% on both Supernova and Electronic Symphony. But the AI in this game is MEAN. I literally couldn't clear Level 6 or 7 - let alone all 10 - for ages, and it was only very recently that I managed to get lucky on the final stage and clutch it out. I really didn't think I would be able to do this one and it was eating at me forever, but I did! (EDIT: This was my 250th Platinum yeehaw)

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

For the most part, no, not really. You can get away with spamming (for parrying). Revengeance all S-Rank is actually pretty doable with the Fox Blade, would highly recommend using it for your Revengeance run. But when it comes to the harder fights (like VR mission 18) you’ll absolutely need to learn how to perfect parry to complete it. So yes, the harder fights do require a lot of timing. Especially Sam’s DLC, you’ll need to get really good at dodging to have a chance. He plays much different to Raiden so there’s that too, another skill set to learn.

Interesting.

I'm sure the DLC is still available, I'm sort of wary on older games on the PS3 suddenly having their DLC getting delisted, as Dante's Inferno would definitely tell you.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Interesting.

I'm sure the DLC is still available, I'm sort of wary on older games on the PS3 suddenly having their DLC getting delisted, as Dante's Inferno would definitely tell you.

I’m almost certain all of the DLC is free on the US store for MGR. You should definitely go ahead and pick it up when you’ve got the chance.

• 3 years later...