How to best avoid crashes in Mad Moxie Underdome Riot

Like many of you, I've experienced multiple crashes in this terrible DLC pack. But after doing these recommended steps, I was able to finally finish the larger challenge in "The Gully" and finally complete this DLC pack. With these recommendations it may take an entire day to get the larger arena trophies but it will be worth it to avoid crashes after completing so many rounds.

Before getting started:

#1 Go to the options menu and turn most of your setting all the way down or off EXCEPT FOR: (CONTROLLER SENSITIVITY) (SOUND EFFECTS VOLUME) (AIM ASSIST) (SHOW COMPASS).

#2 Make sure to make your lobby session offline.

#3 Play the Underdome DLC on Play-through 1 difficulty.

#4 Be sure you have a very good shield to protect you.

#5 Make sure you have really good CORROSIVE or FIRE WEAPONS that does a hefty amount of elemental Damage over Time effect.

#6 Be sure that your backpack inventory is EMPTY. The only equipments that you should have is your best shield and best elemental guns.

What to do:  

1) Do your best to AVOID USING YOUR ACTION SKILL. It's okay if you accidentally use it a few times but it's better to avoid using it entirely once you reach around round 15.

2) AVOID USING TELEPORTERS THAT'S WITHIN THE ARENA MAPS.

3) (IMPORTANT) When killing your enemies, do your best to kill them by using your elemental weapons to BURN or CORRODE them to death. This way, the game doesn't keep the enemies dead body part remains on stage for the rest of the rounds. There's still going to be dead remains here and there but it'll be okay so long as you BURN or CORRODE MOST of your enemies to death.

4) (IMPORTANT) Once you reach rounds 5, 10, and 15  set your PlayStation 4 on "rest mode" and leave it alone for about a half hour. After the half hour has passed, keep playing.

5) (IMPORTANT) Once you reach rounds 16, 17, and 18 set your PlayStation 4 on "rest mode" and leave it alone for about an half hour. After the half hour has passed, keep playing.

6) (IMPORTANT) Once you reach rounds 19 and 20, set your PlayStation 4 on "rest mode" for 10 minutes EACH WAVE you do. After the 10 minutes has passed, keep playing.

And if you follow these steps, you should (hopefully) unlocked the larger arena trophy on "The Gully Stage".

Why do all of these tedious steps?

By doing all of these steps, it should help put less stress on your PlayStation 4 thus lessening the chance of having the application crash while playing the DLC.

This method worked for you in "The Gully" larger arena but does it work for the "Angelic Ruins" arena and "Hell-Burbia" Arena?

I'm not too sure because I only tried this method on "The Gully arena" while getting the other arena trophies in a regular play through. I'm hoping these steps does work for the other arenas though.

Please let me know if these steps manage to help you. This DLC fucking sucks GearBox, pls fix.

• Like 4

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

The best way to avoid crashes is...not to play it! 

But thanks for posting this. Do these methods work on the PS3 version?

It's been a while since I've played the PS3 version. The PS3 doesn't have a rest mode either. I do remember corroding and setting the bodies of the enemies on fire though so maybe most of the steps would work their too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You played the Underdome 5 or 6 times?

Correct and finished it to 100% as well. I did it twice in local co-op for the Global and JP Platinums, then 3 or 4 times in online co-op to help out some friends.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finished all 3 arenas on ps3 this week with no crashes, then went to ps4 and had one crash. I found the best way to avoid it is with the round skip glicth and using fire together to minimize bodys on the floor. With the round skip i finished with 950 kills and probably 50% of them were killed with fire. Also if you do all 3 arenas on ps3 and you only need to do 1 arena on ps4 to get the 3 silvers and 1 gold trophy if you use the save export system.

• Like 1