Can't find Grounded DLC

JORDANM95

2 hours ago, Paartonax said:

Do I have to buy a physical version though? Can't I just buy the NA digital version along with the DLC and play on my european acc? 1f914.png Does anyone know? And oh...if you have an american disc version for sale hit me up haha

You can buy the digital version of the game too yes. You need to create a US account and put some money on the account although neither credit card nor paypal is going to work, you need a psn prepaid card paid by shops like pcgamesupply.com

• Like 1

On 9.9.2020 at 2:40 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

You can buy the digital version of the game too yes. You need to create a US account and put some money on the account although neither credit card nor paypal is going to work, you need a psn prepaid card paid by shops like pcgamesupply.com

Thx. I guess I'll try this....to avoid my first 2 unobtainable trophies lol

• 4 months later...

Is there any way to obtain this any more? I recently bought a code for the Season Pass (US), and even though it's old, the code still worked and I was able to activate it on my US account and successfully install the Left Behind DLC which is the main thing I got if for. But it did also say it had Grounded, and unfortunately it isn't included. What I suspect is that if the Grounded DLC were still available on the store, I would be able to 'buy' it for free and then tie it to my account. But as things stand, it does not appear in my download list. What does appear is Left Behind, a dynamic theme and 'The Last of Us Remastered single player upgrades' which threw me a bit, as the Remastered is for PS4 isn't it? But my PS3 lets me download and 'install' this too (which takes a second).  I had hoped this might included Grounded, but nope.

It's no big deal but I recently completed the game on Survivor and fancied trying to beat it on Grounded too.

Just had another look at it, if you try to access Grounded mode through the game menu, it tells you there is nothing available to download.

From the Downloadables menu, there is a Grounded VIDEO, 'the making of The Last of Us' which is 'free' but if you try and download that, it gives error 80023320.

I also downloaded a 'free' 143MB Treacherous Territories Map Pack, I know this can't be used but I thought maybe it would include Grounded somehow, but no.

Edited by FullNietzsche

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For anyone still wanting to get the Grounded Mode DLC, it's in the Hong Kong Store. I bought it last night with PS Credit from Play-Asia.

Unfortunately it wasn't compatible with my EU (UK) physical version of the game but you can also buy the digital version in the Hong Kong Store.

This was doing my head in, I was going to do it on PS Now (or whatever it's called these days) but they removed the PS3 version, so I thought that was my last hope gone.

Thank goodness for the HK Store, it's not the first time it has saved the day. 

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, baboon_overlord said:

For anyone still wanting to get the Grounded Mode DLC, it's in the Hong Kong Store. I bought it last night with PS Credit from Play-Asia.

Unfortunately it wasn't compatible with my EU (UK) physical version of the game but you can also buy the digital version in the Hong Kong Store.

This was doing my head in, I was going to do it on PS Now (or whatever it's called these days) but they removed the PS3 version, so I thought that was my last hope gone.

Thank goodness for the HK Store, it's not the first time it has saved the day. 

Are you able to explain to a complete noob how I could do this as well?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TingGoSKRRRAT said:

Are you able to explain to a complete noob how I could do this as well?

Hi,for sure, it's really easy.

Go to https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/pages/latest and create an account. You can use any name, it doesn't matter. You will need an extra email address, I use Proton Mail - https://proton.me/mail-protect

It's advisable to make a note of the date of birth you choose in case you get locked out of your account in future. Or just use your own birthday.

Then go to Play-Asia and buy some credit - https://www.play-asia.com/psn-card-150-hkd-playstation-network-hong-kong/13/70ewt3

If you need to buy Grounded DLC and the base game, then that will come to 117 HKD. Play-Asia might verify you after your purchase, in my case they called me. They only seem to do this on your first purchase.

Then go onto your PS3 and add the new HK account. You will need to set up a device password on the PS Store website under Account Settings >Security

Add the credit from Play-Asia to your HK account wallet and buy what you need from the Store on the console. Download the game and/or the DLC and then when it's installed you can play it on your main account.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to play a grounded run and the option is there in the difficulty options but when I go to play it tries to search the PS store and then comes back saying I don't have anything to available in the store. 

I've downloaded every available thing the game lets me and I can't play grounded even though I can select it in the difficulty menu (whether through chapter select or create new game)

So I guess this is unobtainable in NA? 

On 2/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, kmosesltd said:

So I tried to play a grounded run and the option is there in the difficulty options but when I go to play it tries to search the PS store and then comes back saying I don't have anything to available in the store. 

I've downloaded every available thing the game lets me and I can't play grounded even though I can select it in the difficulty menu (whether through chapter select or create new game)

So I guess this is unobtainable in NA? 

wow, I fell into the same problems Sunday too. seems like if you never purchased DLC before delisting, the only options are to purchase TLoU on the HK store (like detailed earlier in this thread) or have a jailbroken console

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just finished grounded mode 🥳

I'm so happy, the hardest part was to access the DLC in 2024 😅

I thank that the Grounded mode was available for everybody with the last update of the game, I was wrong...

I found 3 ways to get the dlc on many forums 

1) Download the dlc again from your old downloads : In my case, I had not the dlcs in my last downloads 😪

2) DLC is included in the GOTY Version of the game : WRONG ! I bought one (EU Version) and the dlc was not on the disc as some people says ! Perhaps on other GOTY Version but on EU Version you have a code in the box and it is expired since 2016 ... I was so disapointed.

3) Dlc can be bought from Hong-Kong playstore : Yes ! And it works ! All you have to do is take a good breath and follow the tips from baboon_overlord in this thread. Thanks to him I managed to finaly access the DLC on my account after 2 hours of pain 🥵 For some people it could be easy but for me this was a new experience and I will never forget it 😎💪

Good luck to everyone to get this ! I did it so everybody can do it 👍

Edited by raphi_boss67