My PS4 expulse my disc

Pottercito_

I am playing Spyro, and this never happen to me, just now, my ps4 expulses the disc. I tried the method to put my console in a higher level from the floor, but nothing, I heard about disconnecting the HDMI and all the cables and let the console rest, hold the On button for 30 seconds but.... does it really help? It is like just a temporally solution, how many hours can I play after doing this method before my console expulse the disc again?

Is it an OG PS4? If so, the issue might be that the disc ejection is being activated by static electricity.

From what I understand, while the console is running the rubber pieces on the bottom begin to hold a static electricity charge. On the OG PS4, the eject button is this slim little sensor that is activated by the electrical charge from your finger. In this case, the electrical charge being held by the PS4 because of poor design issues.

What I did was remove the eject button and I unplug my PS4 every night. I haven’t had ejection issues since. You can still eject discs by going on the Home screen and clicking Options, then select “Remove Disc”.

• Like 2

Hi! 

My old ps4 started behaving the same way, it even tried to eject although there was no disc in the console. 

What I ended up doing was removing the eject button :

It's definitely not a great solution because you have to eject discs via the dashboard from now on (and it only works with the old model), but I didn't encounter any problems since. 

Greetings! 

Edit: Oh, @ResoluteRock answered faster than I did :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 3

When it happened to me, I put a little bit of tape over the internal part of the sensor. So that's an option if you don't want to remove the whole button/metal/rubber strip. You will still have to use software to remove disks.

Edited by bikeman223

1 minute ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Mine has been doing it on and off for years and I've removed the ejection button, tighten the ejection screw and everything but I've found recently that standing it up instead of laying it flat tends to help a bit

Yeap I stand it up but after hours of playing it mess up. So... if I dont want to remove anything in the console... maybe I could stand it up and each time I finish playing, disconnect all and hold the on button, but it is tedious xD

It happens years after. Mine started doing that around 3 years ago, during summer and it was annoying since it just turned my PS4 on in the middle of the night just to eject the game. At the time I just removed the rubber that's below the Eject button and it stopped. Then a few months ago is started doing it again and I just got fend up with it and opened my PS4 and used a piece of tape and blocked the eject buttons sensor.
My games are all digital with just a few that I have physical so having to use the dashboard isn't that much of an issue to me.

Spoiler

Here's a video I followed to fix my issue:

Edited by TugaSonic
  • Like 1

Emm I tried with my Doom disc and the problem continues, but..... I notice that in SLEEP MODE (I don"t know if it is correct, I speak Spanish so is "Modo Reposo", to be clear: when my PS4 is in yellow form, in "sleep mode") this does not happen, the console is normal, it happens just when I have a disc inside.

i actually started having this issue abt a month or two ago where my ps4 pro would suddenly just stop reading discs

i would insert the disc and the system would make this sound as if it were constantly in the process of reading/ejecting the disc, for like 10 secs, in the end unable to recognise the disc

apparently it's something to do with the eject button mechanism, there's a rubber part there i guess that expanded over the years from the heat, this is why im not a massive fan of the ps4 (pro) bc there's a few annoying issues with it, overheating and subsequent shutting down, the jet engine fan noise that comes with that, ds4 lasting only a few hrs wirelessly, now this...

for the fan noise, last year i had to open the thing up and clean out the dust from the heat sink (wasnt much thankfully) and replace the garbage stock thermal paste and pads that sony uses in the manufacturing process with proper quality german brand stuff. i did that last summer, and my ps4 pro has been inaudibly quiet since. sony had better do a better job designing a somewhat decent cooling system for the ps5

as for the disc reading issue, whenever it makes the sound i just lightly tap on the top of the console and it'll recognise the disc

not exactly a 'proper' fix but at least it works, thankfully a lot of my games are digital anyway

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

On 6/11/2020 at 9:09 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hi! 

My old ps4 started behaving the same way, it even tried to eject although there was no disc in the console. 

What I ended up doing was removing the eject button :

It's definitely not a great solution because you have to eject discs via the dashboard from now on (and it only works with the old model), but I didn't encounter any problems since. 

Greetings! 

Edit: Oh, @ResoluteRock answered faster than I did :)

My PS4 also has this issue here and there. I knew about pulling the rubber bits out at the bottom, but I didn't know you could remove the button (and that easily). Thanks for the tip and super helpful video! :) 

• Like 1