Scan All Things Trophy bugged?

Overthrown_SE

I didn't encounter anything weird with this one.  If you check the model viewer on your sub, you can see your progress with each species as well as which map you can find it on.  Failing that, check all your dive maps for grey circles, which indicate something you need to scan.  Many of the circles are REALLY hard to see, it would be very easy to miss one.

Edited by Morgaenna

I'm having the same problem :(. I'm missing an Octopus but when I look in the Atoll maps where I think it is, the scannable creature icon is stuck in the On position in mu HUD and the sole remaining scan marker on the map has nothing to scan :(.

EDIT 1: I found the Octopus but the trophy still hasn't popped :(.

EDIT 2: It turned out that I had missed 2 nearly invisible Jellyfish in the Open Ocean map.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 hours ago, syn1905 said:

Missing 3 fish for the plat about to give up

I have the same problem. I am missing one Royal Angelfish and one Soldierfish (the model viewer says they are in the Atoll region), but I can‘t find them. I already spent three hours looking for them, how can I be so blind ?

And I somehow managed to miss the „Because We Scan: Vents“ trophy, although I have completed scanning all the fish in this region. How is that possible?

Edited by anotherfangirl

On 6/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, Morgaenna said:

I didn't encounter anything weird with this one.  If you check the model viewer on your sub, you can see your progress with each species as well as which map you can find it on.  Failing that, check all your dive maps for grey circles, which indicate something you need to scan.  Many of the circles are REALLY hard to see, it would be very easy to miss one.

Grey circles?  Mine are all redd-ish.  Are you saying I should be looking for grey ones too?  If you see my post above, I'm missing 3 sperm whales...somewhere....

Update: I found the two missing fish and I checked the map before I scanned them. There were no grey markers on the map.

So I think the best method to find fish you‘re missing is to read the information in the model viewer about their region (if there is any) and then to just swim around on that map in that specific area. It takes time, but you‘ll find them eventually.

5 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

Grey circles?  Mine are all redd-ish.  Are you saying I should be looking for grey ones too?  If you see my post above, I'm missing 3 sperm whales...somewhere....

The circles are all the same greyish/redish color, sorry for the confusion.  Check the model viewer to see which maps the whales will appear on.

Mild Spoilers:

Spoiler

I think there are exactly 3 that show up at the very end of the game's story in the coastal region, perhaps you're missing these?  (I know I almost forgot to scan them because I was caught up in the story, though I'm not sure if they count.)

Edit: found it

Does anyone know where I might be missing a dolphin? Apparently, I've missed one but I'm not seeing it. This is preventing me from the bottlenose dolphin trophy and the scan everything trophy. ?

Edited by CaylaNicole

4 hours ago, Morgaenna said:

The circles are all the same greyish/redish color, sorry for the confusion.  Check the model viewer to see which maps the whales will appear on.

Mild Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I think there are exactly 3 that show up at the very end of the game's story in the coastal region, perhaps you're missing these?  (I know I almost forgot to scan them because I was caught up in the story, though I'm not sure if they count.)

I actually found them....my game was bugged maybe?  I quit the game and rebooted it, checking all the maps again.  3 grey circles showed up in the Atoll-Sunset region and I was able to scan them.  They were most definitely not there before.  So, minor bugs exist I do believe.  Thanks for the input!

1 hour ago, CaylaNicole said:

Edit: found it

Does anyone know where I might be missing a dolphin? Apparently, I've missed one but I'm not seeing it. This is preventing me from the bottlenose dolphin trophy and the scan everything trophy. 1f629.png

do you recall where? i'm stuck too at end of game with 35/36 and no dots left on maps...thanks

Edited by feligian
found it, middle of Atoll Day

Urgh I am stuck as well I am missing one clown triggerfish. I am in the Atoll day map, right on top of a grey circle but all the visible ones are scanned so there must be one hidden that I can't find is this a bug or is there an entrance that I have missed?

7 minutes ago, Witcher70 said:

Urgh I am stuck as well I am missing one clown triggerfish. I am in the Atoll day map, right on top of a grey circle but all the visible ones are scanned so there must be one hidden that I can't find is this a bug or is there an entrance that I have missed?

The A.I is pretty stupid in this game and likes to get stuck in Coral and on the sides of rocks so get up close and personal with the scenery and look for the tell-tale unscanned item marker.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The A.I is pretty stupid in this game and likes to get stuck in Coral and on the sides of rocks so get up close and personal with the scenery and look for the tell-tale unscanned item marker.

Thank you, on your advice I managed to find that pesky fish. But I agree the A.I is stupid and so are maps, you need a magnifying glass to see the circles!

Just got plat. I have glitched puffer fish on Atol map. Reloaded several times map, puffer fish was actually on different place marked with white circle after several  map reloads. Almost all full scan map trophies glitched in good way even was not done full map scan.

• 1 month later...

Post under post, but it doesn't seem that anyone else have a problem with this game.
I think that the Northern Pacific Seastar could be the problem - in the main story arc you have to tag 3 of their aggregations, and that's it - never seen the Seastar again in this game - tht's why I'm left with 3/5.
Or am I wrong and somebody can tell me, where to find more?

• 7 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 4:05 PM, anotherfangirl said:

I have the same problem. I am missing one Royal Angelfish and one Soldierfish (the model viewer says they are in the Atoll region), but I can‘t find them. I already spent three hours looking for them, how can I be so blind 1f605.png

And I somehow managed to miss the „Because We Scan: Vents“ trophy, although I have completed scanning all the fish in this region. How is that possible?

My last scan for "because we scan : vents" was a vent. Imagine that.