Thoughts About the Game?

StressEater

I stumbled across this game in the PlayStation store and thought that it looked very interesting. I really like the concept of the game. Plus the gameplay looks good,it's like they accomplished doing a good job setting up the controls, at least in a way that makes the overall feel of the game enjoyable. Which is not an easy task for a game like this. Most games that involve water seem to fail when it comes to the movement. I am very interested in hearing everyone's opinion on this game. So far, I am being told that its a great game but very short. If that is the case then maybe I will wait for it to go on sale. The overall trophy list looks pretty obtainable and I am not hearing to much about any glitched trophies. 

Personally I thought the novelty of it wore off quite quickly. Fun to begin with, but then it became quite repetitive. The target controls in combat were messy and a bit clunky. And one of the trophies glitched for me, keeping me away from the platinum. 

I will however say that there is something that is sort of relaxing about it, so I guess it works well as a "pick up and play for 30 minutes" type of game. 

Lots of fun when it's running smoothly, 14 hours to get everything first time around... can be done below 10 hours though

The game itself though is a mess at the moment though, bugged trophys, major frame rate issues

Devs are working on patches but unsure when issues will be resolved

Edited by Turbobuddah
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29-6-2020 at 4:29 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

I just beat the story and just have to mop up the collectibles. 

I had a ton of fun. It's repetitive, yeah, but come on. You're playing as a motherfucking shark eating massive amounts of people! To me, the game didn't get old. I'd say it's a solid 7/10. Definitely had some technical issues, but I enjoyed it a lot. 

This, though I'd rate it 8/10 ?

• Like 1

I like it, but I don't love it. I think the gameplay gets quite repetitive, and the way you control the game makes me feel like I'm wearing down my R2 button. And yeah, FPS really takes a dive during the latter part of the game for some reason, it was really bad.

But I love the humor, the B-movie story, the cheesy graphics, and the game has a great colour palette. It's just that the gameplay is a little clunky, and it gets quite repetitive.

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

I like it, but I don't love it. I think the gameplay gets quite repetitive, and the way you control the game makes me feel like I'm wearing down my R2 button. And yeah, FPS really takes a dive during the latter part of the game for some reason, it was really bad.

But I love the humor, the B-movie story, the cheesy graphics, and the game has a great colour palette. It's just that the gameplay is a little clunky, and it gets quite repetitive.

This seems to be the consensus. I moved the game down the list a little due to this. I still plan to play it but I am working on games that I know I will enjoy. When I do get to this one however, I will be sure to let you guys know what I come up with as well. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.

I really enjoyed it, though it did get repetitive at times and the occasional lag. I didn't have any of the issues most complained about, but I did play with the most recent update, so... 

Tripwire has hinted there may be DLC, so might end up being more than this. We'll see.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. It may be repetitive but I was never tired of the gameplay because playing as a shark is a breath of fresh air compared to the other genres of games that most of us play all the time. I was also surprised at the basic but well told story in the game and I was always looking forward to the next cutscene. The trophy list is great except for the infamy trophy which is a bit of a grind but even that doesn't take long. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to thank everyone for their input on this game. This has been a long time coming, I picked it up last night. I had it for awhile now but it was just sitting there. I was struggling with another game (save files not saving or becoming corrupted, laggy and crashing constantly). So, I put that down and started to check this game out. I am only a couple hours into it. I am having a lot of fun with it so far. There is a very small learning curve to the controls since its not your typical style of game but nothing to difficult. The story starts out a little cheesy but somehow it's OK and you just don't care because it fits well. You just want to get back out there and eat people because they make it so much fun to be the predator. 

• 4 months later...

I thought it was great for free on PS5, but it has seriously took its toll on the haptic feedback R2 trigger. All that biting actually made the trigger travel further before it encounters any resistance.

Edit. It actually broke my spring on the R2 button. Shop reluctantly replaced my dualsense with a new one. 

Edited by TheMightyImp2