RPG Recommendations

hittheroadbucky

On 11/06/2020 at 8:09 PM, hittheroadbucky said:

Sorry if this thread isn’t in the right place 1f630.png

Basically, I’ve been craving another RPG to get into after getting the plat in Skyrim. A lot of the games I’ve been looking at are going to require multiple playthroughs (usually on the highest difficulty) which is a bit daunting considering the length of these games.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good RPGs that don’t require multiple playthroughs? 

The Witcher 3 is good

• Like 1

I see Dragon Age on here a lot, for good reason. It is a great game.

Another one you might want to look into is Skyrim. You will definitely get your money out of that game.

Also, you might want to check out Diablo 3, It has an amazing story and the overall game just feels right on the console.

This one pretty much goes without saying but I just have to say it. Fallout 4. You can never go wrong with a Fallout game... never mind, please disregard that last statement. I just remembered Fallout 76 and cringed. God, what an awful game. I don't know what they were thinking.

Edited by StressEater
Fallout 76

3 hours ago, StressEater said:

I see Dragon Age on here a lot, for good reason. It is a great game.

Another one you might want to look into is Skyrim. You will definitely get your money out of that game.

Also, you might want to check out Diablo 3, It has an amazing story and the overall game just feels right on the console.

This one pretty much goes without saying but I just have to say it. Fallout 4. You can never go wrong with a Fallout game... never mind, please disregard that last statement. I just remembered Fallout 76 and cringed. God, what an awful game. I don't know what they were thinking.

I’ve already got the platinums in Skyrim, Fallout 4 and 76 ? 76 was a bit of a train wreck at launch but I really got into it after the wastelanders DLC 

On 6/17/2020 at 5:17 AM, Sword said:

Other than that I can completely vouch for Dragon's Dogma, especially the Dark Arisen version of the game. But I am totally bias towards the game, given that I've bought the game four times on three different systems now. It's currently in my ps4 backlog, waiting to finish up some other stuff so I can completely enjoy it slowly again. xD It is in the top 3 of my favorite RPG's of all time. It's a rare gem but it takes a certain mindset to play the game I feel, cause there are... obvious flaws. But it's one of those flawed gems that somehow is still so completely addicting and beautiful even in a flawed state. There's even speculation that a second Dragons Dogma might be in the works... 

Well said, friend. It’s certainly not a perfect game, but it’s incredibly fun and unique. There really isn’t anything else out there like it. At least not that I’ve crossed paths with in my searches for similar games!

1 hour ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ve already got the platinums in Skyrim, Fallout 4 and 76 1f602.png 76 was a bit of a train wreck at launch but I really got into it after the wastelanders DLC 

Nice job. I was unable to finish the 76. I just couldn't push myself to do it. I should go back and give it another go, but who knows? Try that Diablo 3 game. It was really good and I enjoyed it a lot. It's an easy platinum. It's one of those games that you enjoy trying to platinum it. Plus, you can do everything online in multiplayer or alone in solo. 

To hell what other people could tell you, and I played a lot RPGs all my life like the classic as PokémonDragon Quest VIII, and have FFXIII in my backlog in X360, but if you don't care I highly recommend you Final Fantasy XV. The game is beautiful, and you have a HUGE thing to do. I'm currently doing the 100% run with everything aside trophies, but believe me, this is a great game (I've never understood the hate towards it; yes, it isn't a turn-based RPG but I believe that is a good reimagination of what battles should be!). 

Another list:

• Assassin's Creed Origins & Odyssey
  • Maneater (a new one, many people play it)
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online (if you like MMORPGs, this is your bet!)
  • Bug's Fable
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Secrets of Mana
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Nioh I & II
  • Metal Max Xeno
  • Like 1