Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (November 12, 2020)

Revealing Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a new adventure from Insomniac Games coming to PlayStation 5. It is a spin-off of 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man.

The narrative continues from Marvel's Spider-Man and it's downloadable content (DLC) The City That Never Sleeps

50350108601_5b7fb59aa5.jpg

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be arriving on both PS5 and PS4. 

The standard edition will be available digitally on the PlayStation Store or physically at your local retailer for $49.99. 

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales also supports a next-gen upgrade path, so even if you aren’t ready to upgrade to PS5 just yet, there’s nothing stopping you from buying the PS4 version and enjoying the game alongside everyone else at launch. While it doesn’t have the enhancements made possible by the console in the PS5 version, the game still looks beautiful on PS4 and PS4 Pro, and you can rest easy that when you do make the jump to PS5, the game comes with you. 

But that’s not all; On PS5, we are announcing an Ultimate Edition that includes a voucher code* for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. You’ll be able to experience the complete storyline up to this point, which includes the remaster of the original game and all three installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC so you can play the full narrative arc. 

The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate.

We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

He mention that Peter died... WTF, are they spoiling us straight up even without MSM2? I mean, we know the comics storyline, but c'mon, I wasn't really conviced about the Miles shown in the first game enough for jump directly to this one.

Spoiler

Also, I was hyped by the way Insomiac gave the plot twist and cliffhanger for Venom and how Miles got his powers, but... We didn't play properly with him to bring him straight for a single title with him.

Anyways, let's see how this develps when it comes out. 

• Like 1

I wasn't really "excited" after they showcased some of the titles.  

These games were the only ones that spoke to me :

Oddworld soulstorm
Horizon 2
Hitman 3
Resident evil 8 (Village)
Ratchet and clank 2

Was hoping for Marvel's Spider-Man's Peter Parker return, because I initally had hope we would continue that story due to the way it ended and that Miles would just either intertwine within the story like in the first one, or perhaps playable in his own DLC. 

• Like 1

I hope this is a expansion.  I don't understand the rush to put Miles Morales as the main protagonist in Marvel's Spiderman.

It needs to be a slow burn.  In 2 have a few missions where you play as both, similar to the Arkham Knight Nightwing and Batman missions.  Use it as Peter training Miles.  Then 3 a little more focus on Miles and so on.  This could be a great saga... but rushing it like this is awful.  

I don't hate Miles or anything, it's just that Peter Parker is and always will be Spiderman.  

Just as Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, Logan is Wolverine and so on.  Just my 2 cents

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NxtDutch said:

I hope this is a expansion.  I don't understand the rush to put Miles Morales as the main protagonist in Marvel's Spiderman.

It needs to be a slow burn.  In 2 have a few missions where you play as both, similar to the Arkham Knight Nightwing and Batman missions.  Use it as Peter training Miles.  Then 3 a little more focus on Miles and so on.  This could be a great saga... but rushing it like this is awful.  

I don't hate Miles or anything, it's just that Peter Parker is and always will be Spiderman.  

Just as Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, Logan is Wolverine and so on.  Just my 2 cents

Sony is hoping to cash in on the popularity of Miles from the Spider-Verse movie most likely. I honestly am not found of Miles, but that's largely because he's a creation of Bendis, whom I hate as he's a horrible writer who ruins legacy characters because he wants easy royalties but that's another matter,

• Like 1

Honestly it looks like a spiderman 1.5 type of deal, or like an Infamous First Light type of low key expanded dlc type game.

And this is the only big launch title for PS5? Color me unimpressed with the launch lineup.

I'm def down for more spiderman but I would rather play most of the other games shown that have vague 2021 or no release dates at all.

18 minutes ago, NxtDutch said:

Hah, I have bad news for you about Batman and Wolverine.

It does seem likely that this is an upscaled expansion like Infamous Second Son vs. Infamous First Light, but frankly I'm OK with that. I'd much rather play through his origin story than watch Uncle Ben get shot for like the hundredth time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Hah, I have bad news for you about Batman and Wolverine.

It does seem likely that this is an upscaled expansion like Infamous Second Son vs. Infamous First Light, but frankly I'm OK with that. I'd much rather play through his origin story than watch Uncle Ben get shot for like the hundredth time.

Miles is almost an expy of Peter, I'm not even kidding and it's part of the reason his comic did so poorly.

Edited by majob

This will pretty much be how First Light was to Second Son. Exactly like other users have said before me. I don't mind that though. I think either way it will be solid. Spider-Man was a great game to play so I'm sure with a few tweaks here and there, give Miles some fancy moves that Pete doesn't do and it will be a solid game.

I'm not sure if it will be worth the full retail price though considering it will mainly be a glorified DLC.

It'll be a great way to fill the gap between Spider-Man 1 and 2 for sure.

1 hour ago, ImmortalFox- said:

This will pretty much be how First Light was to Second Son. Exactly like other users have said before me. I don't mind that though. I think either way it will be solid. Spider-Man was a great game to play so I'm sure with a few tweaks here and there, give Miles some fancy moves that Pete doesn't do and it will be a solid game.

I'm not sure if it will be worth the full retail price though considering it will mainly be a glorified DLC.

It'll be a great way to fill the gap between Spider-Man 1 and 2 for sure.

Tbh I don't think they will release it at full price. As you said, I think it will be a short game where you play as Miles while

Spoiler

Peter goes with MJ to Europe to check on Harry or something like that. 

Edited by DiegoMolinams
  • Like 1

This is definitely an Uncharted Lost Legacy-type game. A standalone game that is smaller than the 'base game'. Wouldn't make sense for this to be DLC at all. Either way, I'm stoked it looks good!

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1