Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (November 12, 2020)

As long as this isn't the full blown sequel...then bring it on. First game was my personal GOTY for 2018...so I welcome more of it. But I'm not ready to just jump into a game with Miles as the main protagonist that suddenly. You gotta ease us into it. 

Wonder if this will be on PS4 though?

Speaking to The Telegraph, Sony Interactive Entertainment’s EVP head of European Business, Simon Rutter said that Marvel's Spider-Man : Miles Morales would include “major enhancements” to the 2018 PS4 game.

“I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game,” he said.

“There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major Playstation 5 technology and features.”

Asked whether such familiarity was an important part of transitioning an installed user base from old machines to the new, Rutter said:

“I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5.”

Video Games Chronicles

Incorrect. Sorry about that.

Edited by Ghost

27 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

Damn lol. Miles almost look like the version of Will Smith.

Yeah, he does a bit. When the game released, I didn't realize they used a real actor for him until I watched a movie called Wonder. Najdi Jeter is the actor.

Headshot-2.jpg?resize=683,1024&quality=88&strip&ssl=1

From Jason Schreier's twitter account.

NEWS: Spider-Man Miles Morales is *not* an expansion or enhancement or remaster, despite a Sony executive's comments this morning, a source tells Bloomberg News. Nor is it Spider-Man 2. It is a brand-new, standalone game similar in scope to Uncharted Lost Legacy.

I'll happily take that. I had a blast with Lost Legacy and it was certainly lengthy enough for me - it'll be interesting to see the price point for this though.

• Like 1

As we continued with the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe, we knew that Miles’s origin story as a Spider-Man was something that needed its own game. Miles’s multicultural background reflects a more modern, diverse world and we wanted to give players a new story, with new set-pieces, fresh villains, and unique quests across Marvel’s New York City. This had to be a can’t-miss next adventure in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe.

Let’s set the scene for the game a little more. It’s now wintertime, about a year after the events of the first game. Marvel’s New York is covered in snow, and just before Christmas break, a war between an energy corporation and a high-tech criminal army has broken out. Miles’s new home in Harlem is at the heart of the battle.

We know a lot of you want to know how big this game is. Our team at Insomniac has been working incredibly hard to bring you a fantastic Miles Morales adventure since we concluded development on Marvel’s Spider-ManYou’ll experience a full story arc with Miles, one that’s more akin to a game like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of overall scope. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is an important, heartfelt, emotional and essential experience to expanding the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe. And we hope it will be for you as well. 

That's just a couple of paragraph's I thought were worth sharing, there's more on the PlayStation Blog here.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 2:15 AM, EIdain said:

That's just a couple of paragraph's I thought were worth sharing, there's more on the PlayStation Blog here.

I’m looking forward to the fact that while we’re going back to the same New York it will be covered in snow and Christmas decorations, should look really cool with the PS5 graphical boost

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rumors, GameInformer Article Suggest PS5 Remaster of 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man Being Bundled With Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales for the PS5 (credit to ComicBook.com):

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PS5 reportedly includes a PS5 remaster of PS4's Marvel's Spider-Man from 2018. At the moment of publishing, this hasn't been confirmed by either Insomniac Games or Sony Interactive Entertainment, but it is claimed in the latest issue of Game Informer. In other words, the information isn't official, but it does come from a reliable source.

spider-man-1230801.jpeg

Unfortunately, this is all that is revealed. For now, it's unclear whether this will mean the game is $60. Many assumed it would be priced similarly to products like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, which didn't release at $60, but $40. Meanwhile, it's unclear what Insomniac Games will do to the game to differentiate it from the PS4 version. That said, if this information is indeed true, we should hear more about how the game is being remastered in the coming months.

It's important to note that regardless of the case, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a standalone game. It's not an expansion and you don't need to own Marvel's Spider-Man to play it. That said, it looks like it could be bundled with its predecessor, and it looks like that predecessor will be enhanced in a meaningful way for PS5. Again, this hasn't been confirmed, but not only is the source good, but you'd expect Sony and Insomniac Games to do this.

SOURCE: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ps5-ps4-remaster/

16 hours ago, MossyOakRcn42 said:

Rumors, GameInformer Article Suggest PS5 Remaster of 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man Being Bundled With Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales for the PS5 (credit to ComicBook.com):

SOURCE: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ps5-ps4-remaster/

Goddammit I hope this is true! I could easily go for another platinum run (assuming it has a separate list) of Spider-Man, especially if it's running at 4K60

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

qgDMB7a.jpg

New Spider-Man: Miles Morales screenshot and story details revealed

More on what we can expect from the PS5 title

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-spider-man-miles-morales-screenshot-and-story-details-revealed/

https://ew.com/gaming/game-on-inside-marvel-games/

• 2 weeks later...

It's great that they've given him his own unique combat system to differentiate him as a character - so it doesn't feel like a palette-swap. Furthermore, it will be refreshing to see some of the other villains get a chance in the spotlight. Spider-Man's rogues gallery is massive and there are some underrated villains within it.

• 4 weeks later...

We’re also excited today to reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be arriving on both PS5 and PS4.  

Yes, that’s right, we know that some of you may transition to PS5 at different times, which it was why it was important to us to release the latest title in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe on both consoles.  

The standard edition will be available digitally on the PlayStation Store or physically at your local retailer for $49.99. 

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales also supports a next-gen upgrade path, so even if you aren’t ready to upgrade to PS5 just yet, there’s nothing stopping you from buying the PS4 version and enjoying the game alongside everyone else at launch. While it doesn’t have the enhancements made possible by the console in the PS5 version, the game still looks beautiful on PS4 and PS4 Pro, and you can rest easy that when you do make the jump to PS5, the game comes with you.  

But that’s not all; we have one more surprise for you today. On PS5, we are announcing an Ultimate Edition that includes a voucher code* for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. You’ll be able to experience the complete storyline up to this point, which includes the remaster of the original game and all three installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC so you can play the full narrative arc. 

The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again. 

The Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition will launch both physically and digitally on the PlayStation Store for $69.99 on launch day.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/see-the-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-new-gameplay-demo/

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3