Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (November 12, 2020)

4 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Yeah, I’m already forking out an arm and leg for the console, accessories, and games...What’s another few bucks? Another boo

And this is exactly why I won't bother getting the PS5 on release, I'd rather wait until there are some nice discounts and plenty of games to choose from.

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/30/marvels-spider-man-remastered-detailed/ 

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered detailed:

New look for Peter Parker :o :

50395503493_3381c3739a_h.jpg 

Wow that’s a massive difference. I mean, visually he looks better, but it’s kind of strange to completely change the face model. He also looks younger than he’s supposed to be imo.

Edit: I did more research, and apparently they did it to match the voice actor more in looks. I guess that makes sense, but I feel like that’s something they should’ve already thought of?

Edited by Charizarzar

Seeing in other parts of the interweb, comments going around like 'MJ is a pedophile' for dating this really young looking, Holland knock-off Peter Parker.

I dislike this new change, but not to the extent that I'd assume a harsh statement like that. It is gonna be weird that Miles Morales looks older than his mentor now. Kinda lethargic with hype for the future games now. Might skip if they don't revert or offer face option.

Edited by Eraezr

3 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Is spiderman 2 gonna be Peter parker in the elementary years? Og Peter is way better

Hmm, I don't know how to feel about this change. I always felt the old Peter looked somewhat awkward. This new one looks closer to what I had in mind but still not quite there. Guess I need to see more scenes with him first.

Yeah I'm not a fan of this decision. And their explanation makes no sense...there was nothing wrong with the mo-cap for PS4 Peter. He looked the part, conveyed perfect emotion, Yuri's voice fit just fine. And honestly, while I get that PS5 Peter is supposed to look a little more like Yuri...the new model looks like....I don't know...less "real"? One of the things I loved about PS4 Peter is he just looked like a real, average, every day person. 

This obviously won't keep me from playing Spider-Man 2, or the Remaster eventually for that matter. It's not THAT serious. But this was a very strange decision.

Peter Parker just looked like he hit fucking puberty. There were kids in my freshman year of highschool that looked older than him.

He would, however, be a perfect fit for High School Musical, or had a recurring role in the sitcom Hannah Montana. This new Peter Parker looks far too soft.

• Like 1

I feel like the new face looks better graphically (might just be a result of it being a remaster but still), and fits the voice better.  At least from what I can tell in that short clip.  He definitely looks younger and I'm not sure how awkward that'll be, but I'll reserve my judgement for after re-playing the remaster myself.

The old face always felt a little off... for lack of a better way to describe it.