Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021)

Ghost

It's nice to see Ratchet and Clank come back after the movie/tie-in game since there wasn't much word on it since then. The rift stuff looks pretty neat and it's a nice way to show off how good the SSD is.

This looks really cool. I don’t know if I will buy this on release just as I’m not sure about buying the console on day one (which I did with the PS4). I like the idea of rifts and whatever else I’ve seen but I should remind people games without loading times isn’t at all a new concept (Jak & Daxter TPL did this back in 2001).

Like @diskdocx said I noticed Clank’s voice being slightly-different to what I’m use to, but that’s the case with every other voice acting change I’ve had the pleasure to take great notice of. Maybe it could be like the difference between the guy who was Ratchet in the OG trilogy (don’t know their name) to Tools Of Destruction (James-Arnold Taylor) where I felt it was weird at first but I quickly got use to it, though that hasn’t happened to me too much in the past so who knows...

Otherwise I’m watching this space. Having 2 games from Insomniac announced is also a great thing (I have yet to start the first Spider-Man game). Could it be to do with Sony finally taking ownership of the studio?

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla
100th post woohoo!

I'm soooooo happy the next R&C wasn't just a remake of Going Commando. I mean, the 2016 Remake was great...but I wanted them to do a brand new game so bad and I got my wish. This looks nuts! Definitely on the wish list!

• Like 1

One of my favourite announcements of the stream for sure. Actually I've been thinking about this game the most after it ended.

Couple of things I need to mention:

• The first planet in the trailer with the dinosaur looking creatures, the enemies coming from the first portal and the pirate ship are all from Tools of Destruction. I beat the game last year, so I instantly recognized them when I saw them.
  • Did you guys notice the Jak & Daxter easter egg? I read some YouTube comments where people mentioned the city Ratchet and Clank flew through looked like Haven City from Jak II. I looked again, and it does, indeed. The characters even said something like "Where are we?" - "Beats me". 
  • I bet the female lombax will be playable.

I don't know if they're continuing the story after Into the Nexus or the 2016 reboot - I'm happy either way. The sad thing is I don't know when I'll be able to play it. Now I need a PS5, damn it.