Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021)

Ghost

This is looking to be great! ?

Anyone else thinking that the COVID-19 related drought of games that is likely to hit the gaming landscape in 2021 makes this one a likely candidate for PSPlus at some point later in the year?:hmm:

I wonder...

• Like 1

Love what I saw in the video:

- open areas to explore

- glitch challenges

- aerial combat

- dimensional Clank puzzles (similar to a Crack in Time)

- pocket dimensions to explore

- photo mode

- armor to obtain

I hope the game is lengthy considering the price increase. Also hope they add a Hoverboard Race as a trophy.

• Like 1

On the latest Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart deep dive 16 minute gameplay trailer. One of the top comments posted this: "That...was incredible" 

I must concur. Honestly... it was a "Breathtaking" display of what the PS5 and the developer is capable of. It is amazing how far Insomniac came... from the Beginnings with earlier Spyro and R&C games (Which were amazing platformers in its own rights), to the full on remake of Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 (One of my favorite PS4 titles to date), Spiderman (Probably the best Marvel games hands down) to now with the newest addition to this Lobax and Robot duo's adventures. 

This game looks to be worth every dime, can't wait to try it around my Birthday! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart gameplay preview comes some interesting information surrounding how to obtain its platinum trophy. Of late Sony’s first-party games have made earning their coveted platinum trophy a whole lot more accessible. We’ve seen this with the likes of Ghost of Tsushima and Marvel’s Spider-Man. It seems that Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is no exception.

“I can say our trophy design for this game is again, pretty permissive,” says game director Mike Daly in conversation with IGN India. He went on to explain that while this can be done, you’ll need to be pretty thorough.

“You can achieve it on one playthrough though, you need to be pretty thorough in how you approach the game,” he explains. “So if you've explored the nooks and crannies, if you've engaged with the upgrade systems, then you can get it without an inordinate amount of time invested. I know that this sort of breaks with some of the games of the distant past where we always wanted some crazy stretch trophy that had you doing a bunch of work.”

In addition to this, Daly outline what to expect if you were to attempt obtaining Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart’s platinum trophy as well as divulging details on its challenge mode.

“If you are the type of player who just really embraces the game and loves it, we are going to make it possible to get the platinum without wasting your time,” he says. “Now we know that some players really want to go much further than that, and much deeper into the game. And so, as with past Ratchet games, we've got a challenge mode that lets you start from the beginning of the story again, but with your complete leveled up hero and arsenal, and a handful of gadgets.”

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

This game was already on my shortlist of games to get for the PS5 when it was first announced. But between the gameplay footage, initial previews, and buzz in general, I'm getting a lot more excited. There's a lot to like here. I don't normally buy games at launch but this may be an exception. I'm going back to catch up on R&C games I missed over the years including ACiT. I'm having a blast with that game so I can only imagine how good Rift Apart will be beyond what's been shown so far.

Damm, it's so close to the premiere and I won't be able to finish all Ratchet games. It was my "goal", something I wanted to do since I finished only the first Ratchet on PS2 and the "second-fits" (I mean remake) on PS4 Pro. Somewhere between all games I played in my life I also finished Tools of Destruction, but first of all, it was a very short game and secondly, I wasn't aware of what is going on in the plot and Ratchet-verse (what a word, lol) so it wasn't very "I know what's going on and I am having fun" experience.

Long story short: I probably missed one of the most important Sony's IPs' in my gamer life. What a shame.

As a longtime fan of the series myself, and one who doesn't hold onto the nonsensical elitism and irrational levels of hatred towards 2016, I'm hyped as hell for this game. ?

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Some of the absolute, most impressive visuals I've ever seen out of a cartoonish style video game. You can't make Ratchet & Clank look any better than this.

So that's two PS5 games I would play if I had a PS5. Demon's Souls, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Sadly, a PS5 in my area is extremely expensive and it's still short on stock. Assuming my stance on Sony, particularly SIE (Sony Interactive Entertainment) changes for the better, this will have to wait.

From the gameplay footage, Ratchet & Clank has always kept gameplay at the forefront, which is what matters the most. But I have to say again, the visuals are spectacular. Ratchet & Clank has really moved forward. Which is a good thing.

• Like 2