Demon's Souls! It's official!

SuchRemorse

Best news of the year, finally a little ray of light among all the madness, so fucking happy. Hug me brothers and sisters!

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_2.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_5.png?wid

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_3.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_1.jpg

2 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Yup, super excited about this!

Bsljdlzhaodhlsbslskapwbls ????

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

• Like 1

I've always been tempted to play Demon's Souls whenever it came on sale on PSN but figured that the chances of the remake rumours being true was pretty high. I'd also probably not enjoy the original game as much because according to people I know it didn't really age that well in terms of controls. Glad I held out! This is a day one purchase for me. Bluepoint has always had a good track record on remakes/remaster. Plus I always felt like Demon's Souls was the least accessible title and even though I haven't played it yet, felt bad that it was almost being forgotten.

Edited by PostGameBlues

So apparently Bluepoint studios (The guys behind the Uncharted trilogy port to ps4, Gravity Rush remastered, and shadow of colossus remake) is behind the game, and this will be remake. Though we might be getting another archstone tied to the ice mountains not seen in the PS3 exclusive

Oh, and there will a new mode called "Fractured mode". It might be a permadeath mode

Edited by wackt1

8 hours ago, Astray404 said:

I'm kinda worrying about the vent & fan of PS5 day-1 edition, but as long as the venting is fine I'll probably buy it in 1 or 2 yrs

Hence why with Sony’s track record, there will be another version of this. That’s one reason why I’m waiting. 

• Like 1

This is art to the eyes. My first and favorite Souls game gets a full blown remake. When I heard the music from the trailer it was all nostalgia aswell as seeing Tower Knight, Flamelurker etc. yea it’s a wrap. I’m just so happy to see and hear this news.

And saw some comments in this thread about pure bladestone. A toast to all who spend hours trying to farm it on black phantoms. I spend hours trying to get it the first time lol.

Edited by Don_carlito94
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

And saw some comments in this thread about pure bladestone. A toast to all who spend hours trying to farm it on black phantoms. I spend hours trying to get it the first time lol.

I remember falling asleep while farming and when it finally happened, it was surreal. I don't know how to explain it, but I 'knew' that it will drop before it did lol

Really excited for this after watching the trailer, the images posted here look amazing.

Never owned a ps3 so I never played the original, I did watch someone beat it a few weeks ago, so I am curious if there will be some major gameplay changes, imo it had a few too many gimmick bosses or bosses that did not age that well. Than again, this is the 1st souls, still I am hopeful that this will be a challenge even for those that have experience with the series.

17 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Is there any chance it will get a PS4 port too? I'm not planning to buy a PS5 in the next 5 years or so.

Highly unlikely this will be on the PS4 but keeping this on the PS5 makes sense for Sony as it will up their sales. I'm going to get it for the PS5 but I hope sometime down the road it will be available for the PS4 owners as well. Will be a perfect excuse to plat the remake twice :lol:

5 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Now thats what we call a remake. Dammmmmm that looks insane

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

It's a shame that a game is being released for the most modern upcoming console?? Ummm OK... Why don't they just release it on the Ps2 then lol.... It's actually better if it's only released on the ps5. That means the 7 year old ps4 hardware can't hold it back. 

Butt hurt much by my reply? Welp I suggest getting some cream for that. But that aside it's only a shame because I'm not planning on buying PS5 and not because it's going to be released for this console in particular. Thought that it might be also in plans for PC release as well to be honest.

Edited by YROSHIKU

Those screenshots look absolutely gorgeous! This is the first truly "next gen" looking game I've laid eyes upon. Bluepoint have really outdone themselves. Bloodborne was my first PS4 game and it seems appropriate to make the Demon's Souls remake the first game I play on PS5. ?

Also, I'll definitely be playing in the 60fps mode. ? 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/demons_souls_ps5_remake_lets_you_prioritise_visuals_or_frame_rate

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YROSHIKU said:

Butt hurt much by my reply? Welp I suggest getting some cream for that. But that aside it's only a shame because I'm not planning on buying PS5 and not because it's going to be released for this console in particular. Thought that it might be also in plans for PC release as well to be honest.

The first one isn’t even on PC, why would you think this would be?

• Like 1