Demon's Souls! It's official!

SuchRemorse

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I stand for justice in Boletaria!

No doubt. I'll blue phantom someone through the entire game, but afterwards, it's time for the Red Eye.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2020 at 2:27 PM, ziggypossum said:

Pure Bladestone farming awaits, guys, LOL

I must be profoundly fortunate when it comes to this, because I've farmed it three times without much trouble:

-US version took 3-1/2 hours.

-Asia version was around an hour.

-Euro version required only 20 minutes.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to have an excuse to play this game for like, the 30th time. If they restore cut content, I'll be ecstatic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

It looks really nice, but I'm worried about whether they'll be able to capture the souls formula.

Did anybody play both Shadow of the Colossus? How true to the original did the remake feel, and how was their attention to detail in that regard?

I was going to post this myself. SotC played a little TOO well on PS4. There was very little struggle involved there. I hope they don’t make DeS too...slick.

Edited by starcrunch061

8 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

The first one isn’t even on PC, why would you think this would be?

I think it was mostly because I thought that since most of their games are released for PC then there's a strong chance that Demon Souls might be released for it as well. But you're right, because I also forgot that originally the first game was Sony's exclusive and when I was thought about it again it makes sense why they would keep it an exclusive for their upcoming console.

15 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

It looks really nice, but I'm worried about whether they'll be able to capture the souls formula.

As long as Bluepoint doesn't alter the mechanics or animations, it should be fine. All this game needed was better textures. Let's hope it's as close to 1:1 as possible.

20 minutes ago, Helyx said:

As long as Bluepoint doesn't alter the mechanics or animations, it should be fine. All this game needed was better textures. Let's hope it's as close to 1:1 as possible.

Completetly disagree there, Demons Souls is a great game but its way too janky for next gen. You couldnt even roll in all directions while locked on... They need to make some serious quality of life improvements, such as unlimited inventory space, or at least more space, better and Faster (ladders) animations and such.

And hopefully they add the cut sixth "world" but I doubt they will.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Completetly disagree there, Demons Souls is a great game but its way too janky for next gen. You couldnt even roll in all directions while locked on... They need to make some serious quality of life improvements, such as unlimited inventory space, or at least more space, better and Faster (ladders) animations and such.

And hopefully they add the cut sixth "world" but I doubt they will.

Yes, we're definitely in disagreement. None of what you mentioned would enhance the game in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Yes, we're definitely in disagreement. None of what you mentioned would enhance the game in my opinion.

A new Game level wouldn't enhance the game for you!? Faster ladders? Better inventory Management? Why not just save your money and play it again on ps3 then lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Whats the point of a remake if not to fix some of the original's issues? Just better graphics? Seems like a wasted opportunity.

At least bring it up to the standard of Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. There's a reason why such things were changed as the series progressed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Whats the point of a remake if not to fix some of the original's issues? Just better graphics? Seems like a wasted opportunity.

At least bring it up to the standard of Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. There's a reason why such things were changed as the series progressed.

19 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

A new Game level wouldn't enhance the game for you!? Faster ladders? Better inventory Management? Why not just save your money and play it again on ps3 then lol 

If you guys like the newer Dark Souls bullshit, then go play that instead. If you change everything about a game just to make it more modern, then it's not the original game everyone loved in the first place.

We're just gonna have to disagree on this and wait until the game releases to see if the changes were beneficial or not.

Rumours have been swirling around a remaster/remake forever, but it’s amazing to hear it’s finally official! So this is a remake, not just a remaster? I’m very excited to see what this looks like.

Demon’s Souls is a particularly special game to me personally. It was my very first platinum trophy, and the game that not only turned me into a huge Souls fan, but also the game that unlocked my passion for trophy hunting and set me on this journey I’ve been on for the last few years. I can’t wait to revisit this game in it’s modern state, and once again experience the game that started it all for me.

Bring it on!! ?

• Like 2

On 13.06.2020 at 3:57 AM, ScarecrowsFate said:

I must be profoundly fortunate when it comes to this, because I've farmed it three times without much trouble:

-US version took 3-1/2 hours.

-Asia version was around an hour.

-Euro version required only 20 minutes.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to have an excuse to play this game for like, the 30th time. If they restore cut content, I'll be ecstatic.

Well, for me it was like:

-EU version - 1 week

-US version - 5 minutes

Now the Asian version awaits. And hell yes, I'd like to see the 6-th archstone cut content to be implemented in the remake, I hope the Bluepoint will not miss such an opportunity.

• Like 1

I have never played the original but I have the game and I am wondering if I should play it first before this. Recently bought the souls trilogy on PS4 to play those as well. Missed the boat on the souls games but absolutely loved Bloodborne and Sekiro so I am hyped for this remake. Sotc remake was amazing as well(never played the original)

Edited by abhinandhan22

On 11.06.2020 at 11:33 PM, SuchRemorse said:

You're going to "Meh" a great game because you chose to stack it 3 times? There are gamers, there are trophy hunters. And then there are gamers and trophy hunters. You seem like a hunter.. Why not just add another stack!? You already have 3 lol 

What it meant was, l have played that game enough. I beat the game at least 10 times and while doing that, why not adding another stack? I would be happy with Bloodborne 2 or DeS 2. It's going to be same game afterall.

Demon's Souls is still my personal favourite in the series. Some of the aesthetic changes in the trailer I wasn't too keen on, but it still looks very pretty. I'm hoping they don't change too much. There are a lot of things about Demon's Souls that some people don't like, but that I felt gave the game a bit of charm, and helped it stand out from the rest of the series. Things like various levels of healing items, item carry limits, world tendency, and magic being super OP are all things I'd like to see intact.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

I would be happy with Bloodborne 2 or DeS 2.

Whenever I see Demon's Souls abbreviated as "DeS", I get irrationally offended.

• Like 1