Demon's Souls! It's official!

SuchRemorse

24 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

That’s new. How would you abbreviate it?

If 2009 is considered new, then yeah. "DS" has worked for over a decade, but I guess fans of Dark Souls ("DkS") thought Demon's Souls needed a 3-letter abbreviation.

Just now, LoveInHell said:

DSS looks better.

Now you're just being silly.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

Just now, Helyx said:

If 2009 is considered new, then yeah. "DS" has worked for over a decade, but I guess fans of Dark Souls ("DkS") thought Demon's Souls needed a 3-letter abbreviation.

Yeah... when I see DS I immediately think of Dark Souls.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, dieselmanchild said:

So this is a remake, not just a remaster?

I believe it is a remake but I am not 100% sure. So many people have been using the 2 words wrong lately i can understand when people get confused. I would hope they make it less sluggish and clunky, that has been my only turn off of the series. Loved Bloodbourne though, do not expect it to play like that though.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, LoveInHell said:

Yeah... when I see DS I immediately think of Dark Souls.

When I see "DS" I immediately think of Darksiders.

Edited by Void

1 hour ago, Void said:

I believe it is a remake but I am not 100% sure. So many people have been using the 2 words wrong lately i can understand when people get confused. I would hope they make it less sluggish and clunky, that has been my only turn off of the series. Loved Bloodbourne though, do not expect it to play like that though.

I never felt the combat was too clunky in the early FromSoft games, despite the much slower pace. I did play through the series in order though, which I think makes a really big difference. It would certainly be a shock to the system going from DS3 or Bloodborne to Dark Souls 1 for example. It would feel like playing in a pool of molasses! ?

One thing I do really like with the older games is that those early entries require a lot more precision and careful decision making as you look for an opening to strike, or an opportunity to counter. Overall I find the combat is a little bit more strategic and skill based, and punishes the player brutally for being impatient or lazy. The frantic, scrambling pace of the newer games is really fantastic too, but also makes them a little too easy and in some cases — ie. Bloodborne with its health recovery mechanic— actually rewards the player for button mashing and swinging your weapon in panic.

Overall though, I think I have to agree with your wishes to modernize the entirety of the Demon’s Souls experience - especially the combat and boss encounters. I want it to feel like a brand new game, with brand new challenges and things to learn for both veteran players and those who are experiencing it for the very first time!

I’d also like to see them do away with some of the ideas in the original game that didn’t work out that well. The World Tendency system in particular was a cool idea in theory, but ending up being a super confusing headache most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

In my opinion, the best and only Souls game there is.

It's been one that's most memorable and most replayed for me. You never forget your first, lol. I really enjoyed getting into and understanding world and character tendencies, discovering the lore, dying over and over again.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 2:28 AM, ziggypossum said:

Holy shit - the prime minister of Pakistan is weighing in on Demon's Souls?!?

1 hour ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Love the Fat Official and Boletarian Palace being the cover art, considering OG Demon’s Souls Box art was very basic. Still wish it was a little less generic but I’m really digging it!

I don't like it. It looks very cut-and-paste-y. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 2:56 AM, Raveniteh said:

It's been one that's most memorable and most replayed for me. You never forget your first, lol. I really enjoyed getting into and understanding world and character tendencies, discovering the lore, dying over and over again.

Gotta say the ethereal feel/atmosphere of the game coupled with how obtuse it is in a lot of aspects (compared to all the other games that came after) does make it very special.

Also that cover art is wack. I don't have a problem with what they've shown so far but not a fan of the cover art, way too busy, you don't even encounter Fat Officials in 1-1 so he seems out of place, you could say it's supposed to represent the entirety of World 1 not just 1-1 but there aren't even other elements of the rest of the areas except for the Fat Official. Something more subtle like a Hoplite or the Scraping Spear would've been cool.

• Like 1