Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022)

Ghost

I can't wait, Gran Turismo is probably my favorite game series of all time and while I loved GT Sport, I really missed the campaign. A traditional GT game with the same physics, or better, than GT Sport will be amazing. 

Parker

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The menu character pop-ups with text dialogue look so dated and the menu music is terrible like always but the driving and car models look nice and that is most important.  But surprised a little attention could not be given to the menus as well.

EDIT - the second video (from the showcase today) looked much better as far as polish in the UI.

Edited by djb5f

I'm not going to be getting this...as GT5 taught me how shit I am at this series. But I can't help but to admire the graphics here. There's plenty of pretty games on PS5 right now, top notch stuff...but nothing is THIS. GT7 looks absolutely unreal, and graphically is the first game we've seen that gave me that sensation we always got when it was time for a new console generation and we saw the graphical leap that it made...PS4 to PS5 hasn't been that massive of a transition, but this? Different level entirely. Again...I'm most likely not going to play it. But I have to give credit where it's due. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Viper said:

I'm not going to be getting this...as GT5 taught me how shit I am at this series. But I can't help but to admire the graphics here. There's plenty of pretty games on PS5 right now, top notch stuff...but nothing is THIS. GT7 looks absolutely unreal, and graphically is the first game we've seen that gave me that sensation we always got when it was time for a new console generation and we saw the graphical leap that it made...PS4 to PS5 hasn't been that massive of a transition, but this? Different level entirely. Again...I'm most likely not going to play it. But I have to give credit where it's due. 

Once you understand driving lines, it opens up and a lot of tracks become much easier.

11 hours ago, Conker said:

Finally another Gran Turismo game, Sport doesn't count 

GTS was Polyphony charging folks to beta test GT7's multiplayer lol

10 minutes ago, PondNewt said:

Anyone know if this upcoming Gran Turismo locks you in to using a 1st person in car camera angle?  I wouldn't mind giving it a go but I hate 1st person so if it's locked to that then I'd loose a lot of interest in it.  

You can still switch the view 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Any news about GT Sport's potential servers shutdown? I have the game as it was bundled with my console, but being really hesitant to even start it.

This one looks pretty dope anyway!

I would also like to know this to see it's even worth starting, I would if I knew there was at least a 6 month period until it closed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Any news about GT Sport's potential servers shutdown? I have the game as it was bundled with my console, but being really hesitant to even start it.

This one looks pretty dope anyway!

Yeah, this is important. I also have GT Sport pending as well and I am so hesitant to start it due to the heavy online requirements.

Judging by how fast they closed the servers on the previous games after a new version came out, my guess is that we probably should be starting that one soon. Like in the next 6-months-soon or something. ?

• Like 1

For those wondering if the servers will close soon for GTS: GT7 is still 6-7 months away. That is enough time to earn all the online trophies if you commit to it. You have to be fairly good to earn the wins and pole positions.

Even if GT7 launches on the 4th of March 22, i don't think they will immediately shutdown the servers for GTS. But then i think it's really time to start the game, because people will make the transition to GT7. Apart from the online trophies in GTS, the rest is fairly easy. The 322 races is a grind, same as the level 50.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

19 hours ago, willmill97 said:

I would also like to know this to see it's even worth starting, I would if I knew there was at least a 6 month period until it closed.

18 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yeah, this is important. I also have GT Sport pending as well and I am so hesitant to start it due to the heavy online requirements.

Judging by how fast they closed the servers on the previous games after a new version came out, my guess is that we probably should be starting that one soon. Like in the next 6-months-soon or something. 1f605.png

The servers for GT5 and GT6 were shut down just over five months after their respective successors came out. If PD handles things similarly with GT Sport the window will likely close in just under a year from now. That is plenty of time to get it done. In fact the current fastest 100% achiever time sits at just over 9 days, although that guy didn't do anything else for those 9 days, plus he was very good at the game from the start. Here's the thread on GTPlanet documenting everything.

Whether it's going to be hard to pick up the necessary wins and pole positions in Sport Mode really only depends on you. Once you've gotten a bit of practice your DR (Driver Rating) is going to improve and you'll be matched with players closer to your level of skill. However you can deliberately tank your rating by coming last and picking up as many shortcut penalties as you can in the meantime. That way you'll get paired with lower ranked players in the next race and the lower you go the more likely it becomes that your qualifying time will put you in pole position. Needless to say that winning will be much easier too.

I'm expecting GT Sport's servers to get a lot less crowded once GT7 is out. Things will likely become even easier then. I would recommend focussing on grinding your way to Level 50 now and tackling the trophies related to Sport Mode in March.

• Like 3