Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022)

Ghost

This game looks absolutely amazing! I hope they will implement this kind of suit and helmet collecting which was in gt5. I really enjoyed that and in the state of play video on one point there were helmets and suits. Can't wait to get my delivery from gamestop ?

Edited by ellileon

After 15 months it should be finally the time to have more than a handful games, that really use the console.

I am litte bit tired about all these remastered games.

Who cares about them. They have a better optic, but story etc is still the same.

So let's hope GT7 shows the other developers what is possible and so we could finally introduce the new era of video gaming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fanatico1981 said:

After 15 months it should be finally the time to have more than a handful games, that really use the console.

I am litte bit tired about all these remastered games.

Who cares about them. They have a better optic, but story etc is still the same.

So let's hope GT7 shows the other developers what is possible and so we could finally introduce the new era of video gaming.

I hope so ... when i saw GT 7 was ps5 only, i was glad to think we will finally get a true ps5 game

Now with it being a ps4 game too, hope it wont push the game down ><

I have nothing with remastered, it can be a good option to play games we didnt do a few years ago .. but not just remaster all over the place !

We need some new games too x)

57 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Now with it being a ps4 game too, hope it wont push the game down ><

It shouldn't. Like with other games (Horizon, God of War), they've dumbing it down because not as many people have PS5's as they would have liked. It's PS5 first and PS4 second.

Disclaimer first. I’ve not played any GT on any system, ever. So what I’m saying here could be accused of being firmly in the arena of ‘he doesn’t know what he talking about’ and you’d be on a strong foundation for that argument.

i watch PlayStation access reviews and lists on YouTube and they recently did a ‘5 reasons why you must play GT7’ video that just left me baffled and literally gave me no reasons to play GT7.

not having ever played any GT, I’m guessing it’s a driving/racing game? Albeit with very deep sim layers. But I have to question spending the best part of £60 on a racing game when rave  reports are saying the best thing about the game is photo mode and action replays? That just seems absolutely bonkers to me. Why do I want to spend that money on a triple a game to take in game photos of computer generated and rendered cars?? Why the hell would I care about watching a replay from multiple angles. Replays get skipped. Not spending more time watching them than I did racing. 

I get it. Cars look good on ps5....but what about the actual gameplay? Are people really buying this to take photos and watch replays in time to music? Is this why I’ve played many racing games but never a GT? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

i watch PlayStation access reviews and lists on YouTube and they recently did a ‘5 reasons why you must play GT7’ video that just left me baffled and literally gave me no reasons to play GT7.

I used to like PlayStation Access, but I stopped caring about them a couple years ago. They're basically like any other YouTube channel, once they start reaching a certain number of followers and subscribers, they stop caring about making actual quality content and start making content to fulfill an algorithm.

It's better to watch actual gameplay footage, watch it with no commentary preferably, or simply skim thru a video review. Then make your own judgement on whether you want to play the game or not.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I used to like PlayStation Access, but I stopped caring about them a couple years ago. They're basically like any other YouTube channel, once they start reaching a certain number of followers and subscribers, they stop caring about making actual quality content and start making content to fulfill an algorithm.

It's better to watch actual gameplay footage, watch it with no commentary preferably, or simply skim thru a video review. Then make your own judgement on whether you want to play the game or not.

You raise a very good point there dude...ps access is basically the only place I’ve seen anything about gt7 footage wise.

variety is the spice of life and all that....I will heed your wise words

On 2/12/2022 at 2:51 AM, PotrikBerger said:

Disclaimer first. I’ve not played any GT on any system, ever. So what I’m saying here could be accused of being firmly in the arena of ‘he doesn’t know what he talking about’ and you’d be on a strong foundation for that argument.

not having ever played any GT, I’m guessing it’s a driving/racing game? Albeit with very deep sim layers. But I have to question spending the best part of £60 on a racing game when rave  reports are saying the best thing about the game is photo mode and action replays? That just seems absolutely bonkers to me. Why do I want to spend that money on a triple a game to take in game photos of computer generated and rendered cars?? Why the hell would I care about watching a replay from multiple angles. Replays get skipped. Not spending more time watching them than I did racing. 

I get it. Cars look good on ps5....but what about the actual gameplay? Are people really buying this to take photos and watch replays in time to music? Is this why I’ve played many racing games but never a GT? 

I enjoy GT and I never watch replays or use photo mode. With that said GT has never had great racing outside of online. The AI is bad and starting in GT5 they introduced rubber banding that made it much worse. I treat it as a car collecting driving game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

You raise a very good point there dude...ps access is basically the only place I’ve seen anything about gt7 footage wise.

variety is the spice of life and all that....I will heed your wise words

PlayStation Access isn't a review channel. They are under the Sony umbrella, they are the youtube official channel for PlayStation UK.
They are their to promote the PS brand and games on PlayStation.  However, while they are a marketing channel their videos are mostly based around their actual interests in gaming and past as related to the brand. The timing to their GT7 video was clearly from the slated marketing around the GT7 State of Play. They just repeated 5 points from the State of Play and praise it. None of the members are gearheads or into sim racing. There was only 1 or 2 videos about GT Sport prior to GT7. You can even look up the members PSN IDs, which is more than you can do for most other gaming channels. 

You shouldn't go to them for reviews because there are none. If you want to be entertained by PS branded conent, then PS Access is the best channel for it.  Don't go there expecting them to tell you what you should buy or what you will enjoy. 

But I have to question spending the best part of £60 on a racing game when rave  reports are saying the best thing about the game is photo mode and action replays?

That isn't the best thing. That is merely the most recent news about the game. The GT7 State of Play covered replay features, dynamic weather, car customization/management, various thematic ways to pay cars ingame, scapes, and, couch multi-player, lobbies something about music racing. Most was new news that touched on details beyond just being a pretty looking sim racer. Some details being additions fans of GT were wanting in the series such as dynamic weather. 

Cars look good on ps5....but what about the actual gameplay?

What about the half dozen videos GT7 released that were just racing? 
What about the segments in the GT7 State of Play that was just showing you the game being played?

Why are you ignoring all times they showed actual gameplay just to complain about them now going into details/features of the game?

Going in blind on a game is one thing but going in completely jaded is a big mistake. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

16 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

I enjoy GT and I never watch replays or use photo mode. With that said GT has never had great racing outside of online. The AI is bad and starting in GT5 they introduced rubber banding that made it much worse. I treat it as a car collecting driving game.

Car collecting? That sparks a bit of interest in the collector in me....what are the plats like generally for these games? Lots of online multiplayer stuff?

Edited by PotrikBerger
No idea what I’m doing

33 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

Car collecting? That sparks a bit of interest in the collector in me....what are the plats like generally for these games? Lots of online multiplayer stuff?

I can only speak for GT: Sports, that was more online focused than the previous entries. It is very grindy, driving a total of over 300 online races, 91 wins, 65 pole positions and then also achieving level 50 (can also be done in singleplayer) was way to much XP needed.

Since they are going back to a more "career" oriented approach with a lot more Singleplayer content, while online is also present, I expect (and hope) for a more skill based trophy list, that does not include too much mindless grinding.

Gran Turismo 7 Comes on Two Discs for PlayStation 4

When Gran Turismo 7 launches on March 4 it will be only the second new game in the series to come on two discs, at least for players who are picking it up on the PlayStation 4.

The information appears on a listing for the game on PlayStation Direct, a storefront available in some regions for buying PlayStation products directly from Sony rather than other retailers. Although PlayStation Direct is currently available in the USA, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and BeNeLux, GT7 itself only appears on the US version of the site.

You’ll find the detail buried at the bottom of the listing after all the various features and marketing details for the title. In amongst the various disclaimers, the PS4 version of the game states “2 discs”, whereas the PS5 version does not. Ultimately it comes as little surprise to find that GT7 needs to run to two discs on the PS4, as it simply comes down to the maximum capacity of the storage media.

Both the regular PS4 and the PS4 Pro are equipped with a standard BluRay Disc (BD) drive, which means they are limited to standard BluRay discs. That format, first introduced in 2006 and popularized by the PlayStation3, has a maximum storage capacity of 50GB on a dual-layer disc. The PlayStation 5 meanwhile uses the higher standard UltraHD BluRay, designed for 4K movies. With triple-layer discs, UltraHD can support up to 100GB, and GT7 will be a one-disc game on the system.

Edited by Suminya

On 2/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, willmill97 said:

It shouldn't. Like with other games (Horizon, God of War), they've dumbing it down because not as many people have PS5's as they would have liked. It's PS5 first and PS4 second.

as far as developing for cross gen, it is actually the other way around. the ps4 has to accounted for first. r&c for example wouldn't be possible on a ps4 with the way it utilizes the sdd. with that said, gt7 looks great, it just does make you wonder what if. 

On 16.2.2022 at 3:50 PM, theSpirae said:

I'm actually excited about it. The last GT I played was GT2 and I consider it one of the best racing games (I played the next titles only briefly so can't really comment whether they were any better/worse). How's the series doing since GT2? 

In my opinion GT5 was the best one. I spent round about 2.000 hours to it.

• Like 2

Does anyone reckon they might give this a dumbed down trophy list like most other 1st party exclusives since 2017/18? All 3 other Gran Turismo games had ball-busting trophies and I really hope this follows suit. I don't want to be seeing any Hit The Accelerator (Gold) like most modern day trophies. 

Edited by willmill97

18 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Does anyone reckon they might give this a dumbed down trophy list like most other 1st party exclusives since 2017/18? All 3 other Gran Turismo games had ball-busting trophies and I really hope this follows suit. I don't want to be seeing any Hit The Accelerator (Gold) like most modern day trophies. 

Yes i hope as well that this will become something like GT5. So that only the persons with real skill can earn the platin! But it should also be doable with controller. The vettel challenge on GT5 was realy hart with controller.

Hey all, the PS4 store listing has PS4, PS5, Standard Edition listed against it, but states it only contains PS4 edition. Has anyone pre-ordered the PS4 version that can clarify if it comes with PS5 or not?

I suspect it is just PS5 and it will cost £10/$10 to upgrade to PS5, but I just wanted to clarify as the store listing it confusing. Thanks