Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022)

Ghost

Hey guys,

I was actually looking forward to GT7 a bit. The last GT I played was probably on the PS2. So I wanted to be there for the first GT for the new console....

But it made me wonder that on every video you only see gameplay from the cockpit view... and now I've picked up that there will probably really ONLY be this? Is this true? If true, this is an absolute killer for me personally. I can understand that for absolute purists this is probably not a problem. But for me, who also plays racing games more for the look and visuals, this is nothing. I want to look at the full landscapes and the great cars and not stare at the steering wheel all the time.

18 minutes ago, ACOLDGHOST_ said:

Hey guys,

I was actually looking forward to GT7 a bit. The last GT I played was probably on the PS2. So I wanted to be there for the first GT for the new console....

But it made me wonder that on every video you only see gameplay from the cockpit view... and now I've picked up that there will probably really ONLY be this? Is this true? If true, this is an absolute killer for me personally. I can understand that for absolute purists this is probably not a problem. But for me, who also plays racing games more for the look and visuals, this is nothing. I want to look at the full landscapes and the great cars and not stare at the steering wheel all the time.

There will be other views for sure. Most companys that make racing games like to show the cockpit view because it gives a sense of realism and i guess thats how a driving/racing simulator is ment to be played

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ACOLDGHOST_ said:

Hey guys,

No, there will also be at least a bumper view, a hood view and a 3rd person view.

22 hours ago, ACOLDGHOST_ said:

Hey guys,

No trust in trophies.de? ;D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellileon said:

It seems that there are 3 different Trophy stacks for Ps4.

I saw for PS4, the different stacks are for US R1, EU R2 and Asia R3. I'm getting my 25th Anniversary Edition R3 tomorrow and playing on PS4 Pro (since I don't have a PS5 for now) so I think I might fall into the R3 Asia set in this case?

Not too sure why it was split into three versions while the PS5 version only has a single trophy set for all regions though.

Anyway having played GT 5, 6 and Sport, I find GT 7's trophies to be easier and less grindy compared to Sport. Probably only the online mileage trophies will take some time and dedication to clear it, but good to see the focus mostly on the single player modes, which I have always preferred anyway.

Edited by gunman47
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

The same boring game from over 20 years.... Hard licenses/trials/challenges where you fail for countless reasons and spend almost 1m for restart it, and super easy races. GT is dead for me. I want forza horizon and a new driveclub please!

Polyphony are holding a ceremony for you at this moment for the gracious loss.

• Like 4

10 minutes to launch, can't wait so I browse the trophy list and what do I see? People already playing this game since March 21st! Can anyone pls explain? I got a pre-order too and it does not let me play early, I need to wait till the countdown ends... lol

27 minutes ago, Sick_Martin said:

10 minutes to launch, can't wait so I browse the trophy list and what do I see? People already playing this game since March 21st! Can anyone pls explain? I got a pre-order too and it does not let me play early, I need to wait till the countdown ends... lol

I guess that's the day the review codes went out. Amazon US shipped some preorders last week too. 

On 3/3/2022 at 10:09 PM, Surgical_Assault said:

Polyphony are holding a ceremony for you at this moment for the gracious loss.

do i wrote things like "poliphony will not get any money from me" or "i'll never buy a poliphony game again, they lost a customer"? no! so go doing better things than writings bullshits

On 3.3.2022 at 9:59 PM, XpanderFX said:

The same boring game from over 20 years.... Hard licenses/trials/challenges where you fail for countless reasons and spend almost 1m for restart it, and super easy races. GT is dead for me. I want forza horizon and a new driveclub please!

Why are you waiting to try licenses again? :) 

Mine restart instantly (ps4 pro).

On 9/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, TomataEighty9 said:

Why are you waiting to try licenses again? :) 

Mine restart instantly (ps4 pro).

last GT i played was 6 and everytime you touch a cone or go out of track or want to simply restart, u have replay, then u have to press button few times, wait for restart etc. maybe 1m wait between attempts long 30s... if i make such errors, give me penalty, or invalid that lap, but let me continue it so i can master that track without any interruptions! Perfcet example are time trials in driveclub where you can race one lap after another without any interruptions, until you get that required time. So, even if restart is immediate, it doesnt change things. The "instant fail" let you learn a track in irregular way. You master first turn of a track better than the last one, because u spent more time on first ones. GT is more frustrating than hard, the driving soulslike game! 

Edited by XpanderFX

2 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

last GT i played was 6 and everytime you touch a cone or go out of track or want to simply restart, u have replay, then u have to press button few times, wait for restart etc. maybe 1m wait between attempts long 30s... if i make such errors, give me penalty, or invalid that lap, but let me continue it so i can master that track without any interruptions! Perfcet example are time trials in driveclub where you can race one lap after another without any interruptions, until you get that required time. So, even if restart is immediate, it doesnt change things. The "instant fail" let you learn a track in irregular way. You master first turn of a track better than the last one, because u spent more time on first ones. GT is more frustrating than hard, the driving soulslike game! 

its obvious you havent played GT 7.

restart is instant and i dont find it frustrating ?

I was going to wait to post this until I'd played more of the game and throw it in with some more complete thoughts. But I'm just going to post this now while I'm still playing quite a lot - so my leaderboards & time sheets are looking quite empty right now and it'd be nice to have some times to compare and compete with, if anyone wants to add me to do the same feel free. Maybe I should've made a new thread for this?