Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022)

Ghost

On 13/3/2022 at 0:05 AM, TomataEighty9 said:

its obvious you havent played GT 7.

restart is instant and i dont find it frustrating 1f60a.png

On 13/3/2022 at 0:17 AM, barra333 said:

Yep. The longest part of the restart on the PS5 is the 3...2...1... countdown

but from what i understand there is still the "instadeath"... i mean, a "3,2,1" countdown is fair for a rally or drag race where there is not a track but a "point A to point B" path, so its obvious you have to restart it if you want to beat your time. But in a race on a track, its different. Let's take as example the qualification rounds in F1. Cars races continuosly in the available time and then the best lap is used as qualification time. Imagine if they have, instead, 10-20 attempts and have to make those 10-20 laps interrupted by a 3.2.1 countdown every time.... Ridicolous, like challenges in GT :-)

14 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

but from what i understand there is still the "instadeath"... i mean, a "3,2,1" countdown is fair for a rally or drag race where there is not a track but a "point A to point B" path, so its obvious you have to restart it if you want to beat your time. But in a race on a track, its different. Let's take as example the qualification rounds in F1. Cars races continuosly in the available time and then the best lap is used as qualification time. Imagine if they have, instead, 10-20 attempts and have to make those 10-20 laps interrupted by a 3.2.1 countdown every time.... Ridicolous, like challenges in GT :-)

But the vast majority of the challenges that we are talking are point to point... 

1 hour ago, XpanderFX said:

Well, that's another discussion. I was talking about "loading times". The game is what it is, and either you love it or hate it, and that's fair :D 

I have no problem with that. 

17 hours ago, barra333 said:

But the vast majority of the challenges that we are talking are point to point... 

dont know how is in GT7 but in gt6 (and all gts prior to it) most difficult challenges/licenses are full laps (except goodwood festival events). only the easy ones are usually A-B track fragments. now if you consider point A, the starting line of a track and point B the finishing line (same as starting) that's just a point of view, but its still a lap :-)

1 hour ago, XpanderFX said:

dont know how is in GT7 but in gt6 (and all gts prior to it) most difficult challenges/licenses are full laps (except goodwood festival events). only the easy ones are usually A-B track fragments. now if you consider point A, the starting line of a track and point B the finishing line (same as starting) that's just a point of view, but its still a lap :-)

Then just load up the time trial mode and you can drive around any track as many times as you want without stopping until you've learnt it.

2 hours ago, EIdain said:

Then just load up the time trial mode and you can drive around any track as many times as you want without stopping until you've learnt it.

and what if i eventually, after 100th attempt, get required time but it counts zero as im time trial mode? not mentioning in time trial there are no MORTAL CONES :-)

• 5 weeks later...

What pisses me off is the broken roulette. Some YT videos say it's random - well, obviously they haven't played the Sport and have not spent required time with the game to see how broken it is.

For those who do not know:
First of all, as soon as you hit required mileage you get one star ticket, and that increases every few miles exponentially and to earn a 5 star ticket you need over 100mi (maybe a bit less, did not measure it exactly). If you restart the race you can continue earning mileage for a better ticket but as soon as you exit the race, whether it's a next race or back to the menu you will get your freaking ticket unlike this being awarded for the miles you have done in the previous 24h period (as it was in Sport).

Secondly, the freaking system is so rigged that I always know what I'm gonna get, it's either the lowest prize money (if there's one) or the car part if the value of the car part is lower than the prize money or a worthless invitation if there's one in the ticket... C'MON!

Hence my question: Is there any plans to fix this? does anyone know?

PS. I'm not opening another thread as I would need to do it for every single major bug in the game lol. Update 1.12 and it's still sh*t like it was on day one AND the plat isn't attainable...