Resident Evil 8 Village

3 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

I wonder who is "his" referring to in the first header "His story comes to a close", Chris or Ethan?

Chris i presume because he is the bad guy in this game. All rumors seems to be true.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Chris i presume because he is the bad guy in this guy. All rumors seems to be true.

Him being the bad guy is perhaps a hallucination or something, the game looks a bit messed up, like not everything is real.

If he was genuinely the bad guy, Capcom wouldn't have revealed it so early. He's been in it from the start, there wouldn't throw it out there so quick if it was real.

It will be like the dark Rey in Episode 9 trailers, just there to throw us off.

If its not real, the way its portrayed, you may not get the real answer until the ending.

'His story comes to an end', they're not going to kill off Chris, it will be Ethan surely, I bet they wanna focus on the 3rd person games perhaps.

I do like Chris design in this though, they have listened to complaints and made him more like his early RE look!

Guess we'll find out next year though, damn, cant wait xD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Him being the bad guy is perhaps a hallucination or something, the game looks a bit messed up, like not everything is real.

If he was genuinely the bad guy, Capcom wouldn't have revealed it so early. He's been in it from the start, there wouldn't throw it out there so quick if it was real.

It will be like the dark Rey in Episode 9 trailers, just there to throw us off.

If its not real, the way its portrayed, you may not get the real answer until the ending.

'His story comes to an end', they're not going to kill off Chris, it will be Ethan surely, I bet they wanna focus on the 3rd person games perhaps.

I do like Chris design in this though, they have listened to complaints and made him more like his early RE look!

Guess we'll find out next year though, damn, cant wait xD

After watching the leak video again i stand corrected, they mention Chris killing Ethan. 

I'm pretty sure we will get 1 more first person Resident Evil. RE 1-3 had fixed camera angles, RE 4-6 had 3rd person camera and i wouldn't be surprised if the RE 7-9 will be first person. I wouldn't mind them going back to 3rd person though as i prefer 3rd person over FP.

Just now, Quink666 said:

After watching the leak video again i stand corrected, they mention Chris killing Ethan. 

I'm pretty sure we will get 1 more first person Resident Evil. RE 1-3 had fixed camera angles, RE 4-6 had 3rd person camera and i wouldn't be surprised if the RE 7-9 will be first person. I wouldn't mind them going back to 3rd person though as i prefer 3rd person over FP.

I think mostly every1 prefers the 3rd person, I think they sell better also.

May be why they are trying to kill off the fps if that is the plan, they have done this to keep us fans happy I guess.

Think we would all new a brand new 3rd person RE game with the engine which isnt a remake.

Whatever the leaks say about Chris killing anyone or him going bad or something else entirely, it could all be deception, a nightmare Ethan has, maybe its real, who knows, but it gets us all talking right xD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

7 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

I'm just happy Chris looks like Chris again instead of the slimmed down imposter in 7. lol

This.

They have gone to this effort to improve his look due to our complaints more in line with our perception of him, there is more to this 'bad Chris.

My moneys on the 'bad Chris' being a nightmare, alternate dimension or something, no way they would do that such a beloved character, and reveal it so early as well!! Just teasing us like dark Rey xD

I mean, we still have yet to see Chris playable in the 3rd person remakes!!

• Like 1

I'm glad they redesigned Chris to look more like he does in RE5/RE6. It's way better. Also, it's good that this is a next gen exclusive because it means they can be more ambitious. I guess I expected most third party titles to be cross gen like they were for the first year or two of the current console generation.

• Like 3

The setting looks pretty nice (not a fan of just the werewolf part but ok), those women that appear in part of the trailer gave me a feel of the vampire women from the Castlevania series and I liked it... And they came back to the "original" design of Chris (At least the one fo RE6 and not the one of RE7) so I'm happy with that.

Not happy with the FPV but ok... I'll deal with it...

So at the end of the trailer, did Chris pretty much just kill Mia (who I assume is the lady on the ground)? Also, Chris looks a LOT better this time around. This is the boulder punching guy I know and love. Although I hope this is the last time they drastically change his appearance. It's getting pretty confusing lol

• Like 1