Resident Evil 8 Village

Any word about future DLC or trophies tied to it? I was not a fan of Ethan must die but I endured. If I pre-order the deluxe edition all I get is a trauma pack with Samurai's Edge weapon, Mr. Everywhere accessory (wtf?), screen filter, background music...blah blah blah. But no mention if we get access to future DLC like in the past. 

Debating if I should shell out an extra $10 if it doesn't include future content

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trojbrown40 said:

Any word about future DLC or trophies tied to it? I was not a fan of Ethan must die but I endured. If I pre-order the deluxe edition all I get is a trauma pack with Samurai's Edge weapon, Mr. Everywhere accessory (wtf?), screen filter, background music...blah blah blah. But no mention if we get access to future DLC like in the past. 

Debating if I should shell out an extra $10 if it doesn't include future content

I share the same sentiment. However, Resident Evil 3 included Resident Evil: Resistance similar to how Resident Evil 8: Village includes Resident Evil: Re:Verse and there wasn't any downloadable content released excluding a classic costume pack and all in-game rewards unlock. Therefore, Capcom might not release any downloadable content with it since they're including an additional game with every edition. I don't have any official confirmation, though.

Edited by notandrebraun

If sales and reception are strong enough then they'll probably add DLC. They could announce a pass after the fact or maybe just drop one or two solo chapters.

The Deluxe and pre-order bonuses are pretty useless in the grand scheme of things, the only thing (as a trophy hunter) that you'd worry about would be the Trauma DLC that comes with the Village of Shadows difficulty, however they state that this difficulty can be unlocked in-game if you clear a condition, it's not exclusive to that DLC. We know that they like having trophies tied to the difficulty.

As for any words on DLC trophies or DLC at all, there has been nothing, but I assume there will be some type of DLC similar to either the RE7 ones or the free RE2R one. This game comes with Re:Verse as its MP "mode" and based on RE3R + Resistance, Re:Verse should have a separate list with a platinum instead of being attached to the Village list (my assumption).

Also, releasing DLC for this game is a no-brainer because of Alcina and the three daughters. They are extremely viral at the moment.

Anyway, I'd say don't bother getting the Deluxe Edition, and if there is any DLC, then I personally assume that the Deluxe Edition would have nothing to do with it otherwise they would have some text about it as a disclaimer? ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

The trauma pack is the content from the deluxe edition, it isnt a season pass. If they release paid content you will have to buy it.

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Getting it tommorow, if no one has leaked it by then. Ill leak it 1f44d.png

your a true hero, thanks, i just want to see what it looks like for gun, does anyone know how big the game will be on space

• Like 1

Hope the list is similar to the base list from Resident Evil 7- not overly frustrating but rewarding for those who bother to learn the game and how to properly play it. I've only got a single playthrough of it done on Normal but that list seems very fair from the point of view of combat and resource management. Also helps that it is a kickass game that makes me want to play it again and again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

I have actually good faith that the game is just the whole lot. Which i hope for. But you guys know capcom, their always there where the buck is to be made, would prob come a season pass 3months down the line, im not sure if season passes are ususally released at the same time as game. Or dlc.

Its just speculation on my end. 

Yeah, i allways buy a normal copy of a game if the extras dont have trophies/achievements. 

One game is allways exeptional to that, and its Resident Evil series, and there i only buy physical CE edition?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

I have actually good faith that the game is just the whole lot. Which i hope for. But you guys know capcom, their always there where the buck is to be made, would prob come a season pass 3months down the line, im not sure if season passes are ususally released at the same time as game. Or dlc.

Its just speculation on my end. 

Yeah, i allways buy a normal copy of a game if the extras dont have trophies/achievements. 

One game is allways exeptional to that, and its Resident Evil series, and there i only buy physical CE edition1f44d.png

i brought a CE also, cant wait for the game

Nice, it looks like im not getting it until tommorow???lol 

2 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i brought a CE also, cant wait for the game

I think i know why the list hasnt leaked yet. Maybe you cant start the game on PS5 or PS4 until the 7th?

I know outriders was online, but it could be the case With RE8 aswell?

4 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Got the game early so here's the trophy list. I translated it all myself to the best of my ablities, though the english names and descriptions may differ slightly:

Hide contents

1x :platinum: :

• "Ethan Winters": Obtain all trophies

14x :hidden::

• Hidden trophies (They're most likely story mode specific trophies)

28x :bronze::

• "Role model dad": Complete the story mode on easy or higher
  • "You're strong dad": Complete the story mode on normal or higher
  • "Creative": Craft an item
  • "New customer": Make a purchase at the Duke's shop in story mode
  • "Lockpicker": Pick a simple lock with a lockpick
  • "Restorer": Combine parts of a treasure to obtain a complete form
  • "Hunter": Kill an animal in story mode
  • "Roll what a passion": Complete a labyrinth
  • "I hate crows": Kill 5 crows in story mode
  • "When nature calls...": Open the doors to all outhouses in the village in a single playthrough
  • "Air change!": Break all possible windows in castle Dimitrescu in a single playthrough
  • "Social distancing": Push an enemy away after parrying his attack in story mode
  • "Sniper": Defeat an enemy from a long distance using a sniper rifle in story mode
  • "Three for the price of one": Defeat at least three enemies with a single attack in story mode
  • "Cooked to a tee": Set fire to a Moroaică in story mode
  • "Lightning reflexes": Deviate a flaming arrow with a melee weapon in story mode
  • "Pack leader": Defeat Alfa Vârcolac in story mode
  • "Photojournalist": Use photo mode
  • "Luck seven": Acquire exactly 777 Lei, 7.777 Lei, or 77.777 Lei in story mode
  • "Cartographer": Complete the village map
  • "Goat!": Destroy a Goat of Wardings
  • "Die goat!": Destroy all Goats of Wardings
  • "Gunsmith": Personalize a weapon with a mod part
  • "Kendo Approved": Personalize all weapons with their respective mod parts in story mode
  • "Expert DIY": Craft all types of available items in the create menu
  • "Artisan": Obtain all projects to craft items
  • "Bookworm": Read all documents in story mode
  • "King of combos": Reach a combo of at least 30 in Mercenaries mode

6x :silver::

• "Dad of the year": Complete the game on Extreme or higher
  • "Dad's in a hurry!": Complete the story in 3 hours or less
  • "Low cost travel": Complete the story while spending no more than 10.000 Lei
  • "Legendary Mercenary": Obtain an S rank or higher on all levels in Mercenaries mode
  • "Figurine collector": View all character and weapon models in the bonus menu
  • "Art Collector": View all concept art

1x :gold::

• "Best dad in the world": Complete the story mode on Village of Shadows difficulty

Awsome, NOOOOW i just hope capcom doesent release infinite weapons as a pay to win for village of shadows diffculty......

14 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Awsome, NOOOOW i just hope capcom doesent release infinite weapons as a pay to win for village of shadows diffculty......

I mean unlimited ammo weapons were never hard to unlock. It's probably the same as RE7. Beat the game under 3 hours (trophy as well) and unlock a weapon which makes high difficulties much easier. I like that concept tho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I mean unlimited ammo weapons were never hard to unlock. It's probably the same as RE7. Beat the game under 3 hours (trophy as well) and unlock a weapon which makes high difficulties much easier. I like that concept tho.

Yup it is that what i ment. i should've mentioned it. But yeah it is ok if you unlock it and stuff as it is in RE games as an cool extra to make it easier.  But selling it like 3months later for an extra buck. Thats like pissing on fans that actually unlocked it Legit or platinumed the game during release.

39 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yup it is that what i ment. i should've mentioned it. But yeah it is ok if you unlock it and stuff as it is in RE games as an cool extra to make it easier.  But selling it like 3months later for an extra buck. Thats like pissing on fans that actually unlocked it Legit or platinumed the game during release.

yes i got your intention but since it's also not that hard without paying i don't think it's such a big deal compared to other titles where you have bigger advantages for money.

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Infinite weapons im sure will work on VoS, have in all the RE engine games. 

What may be a thing is that you need a S+ on VoS for a hidden trophy, because then infinite weapons wont work for that! 

• Like 1

In response to lucky0ne16 since I forgot to quote, I predownloaded it for PS5 version a bit ago. Total size for PS5 is only 27.46 GB. That seems abnormally small. Just to compare, Returnal right now is 55.20 gigs. 

PS4 version of RE Village is 29.81 gigs. 

Edited by rockhopper78