Resident Evil 8 Village

I've been a RE fan for as long as I can remember, and when I saw the RE: engine popping showing off it's gameplay and graphics, I got really excited. However there were some rumors going around that Chris Redfield would be the main protagonist, which I legitmately hope won't be the case because he's part of the legend characters such as Jill, Leon, Claire, Barry, Wesker etc. to change him into an antagonist would be really odd to me. They could however have different motivations in terms of us controlling Ethan, so I hope it won't come down to a some sort of final battle between Ethan and Chris, it would be cool to see them work out their differences and perhaps have chris as an A.I. following you throughout parts of the Village or wherever the game might take us. (one can only hope)

Also, from watching the trailer it gave me some RE 4 vibes.

• Like 1

I'm really excited. The trailer hyped me up for the game and it looks like they are going to try something new. Chris appears like the bad guy, but there are lot of speculation on why he is shot Mia, but I'm curious what the story justification will be about. I just hope he is not gonna be straight out villain ,cause that would make me angry being Chris is my favorite character.

I'm still on the fence with the werewolves, but I need to see a gameplay on how they actually play out in the game before I can make my judgement. 

Also, I was surprised when old Dante showed up lol Resident Evil 8: Village PS5 release date and trailer

I'm glad it looks like a sequel to Resident Evil 7, that game was awesome and of course this means it will also be VR compatible again, hopefully this time it will look even more amazing, especially if there is a PS5 version.

Can't wait.

PS Judging by the hairstyle and clothing of that screaming monster, it looks like, that is Chris... lol

Edited by enaysoft

I pretty much knew this was Resident Evil VIII the moment I heard Mia and Ethan speak lol. Although I will say that if I hadn't recognised either of their voices as well as not see the Umbrella logo in the trailer, I would have said this looks more like an Outlast game. The church and rural village however gave me some Resident Evil 4 vibes which I love but the werewolves just kind off throw me of a little bit. We've had some serious weird creatures in the RE franchise though so we'll just have to see if they'll fit in nicely within the context of the story.

Edited by PostGameBlues

At first I thought it was RE8 due to leaks, then Ethan pulls the curtain, the old man misses the shot, and a strange familiar music sounds, it sounded like Amnesia to me, like what?

Then I saw the village and it started to seem like RE4 remake, but yeah, in the end its clear it was RE8 again.

I guess that sums up the game.

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I'm glad it looks like a sequel to Resident Evil 7, that game was awesome and of course this means it will also be VR compatible again, hopefully this time it will look even more amazing, especially if there is a PS5 version.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that this will be playable in VR? 

Maybe they are holding off on that announcement because I don't think they have announced if PSVR is compatible with PS5. Or will there be a new PSVR version 2?

While I did not like the trailer, I am always ready for a new Resident Evil game, especially if it supports VR. If it was a launch title I would probably get a PS5 day one.

12 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

Resident Evil Village... Interesting title. I bet part 9 will be called Resident Evil Trixie.

I mean that does seem the trend.

Lets think of some relevant words that could work somehow:

- Mix, Fix, Helix, Elixir, Crucifix, Fixation

I think Helix or Fixation have the best chance. 

Wait 8 aint out yet... *gets bitten*

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Resident Evil 8 new details from Tokyo Game Show 2020

Resident Evil 8 Gameplay Demo Hints At An Opening Similar To Resident Evil 4

Capcom recently held a gameplay demonstration of Resident Evil 8, also known as Resident Evil Village, and revealed some new information on the game.

During the live stream at TGS 2020, Capcom didn’t show any gameplay footage but had Eiko Kano, one of the guests during the talk, play a gameplay demo from Resident Evil 8.

This gameplay demo was not shown at any point but some interesting information regarding the opening of the game was shared during this demonstration.

Here’s a summary of all the new information that was revealed during this Resident Evil 8 gameplay demo:

- The opening of the game features a battle with a “very strong” enemy.

- Some of the enemies in the opening will be naked despite the opening being set during Winter.

- Enemies in Resident Evil 8 will behave differently than Resident Evil 7.

- Killing an enemy will yield an item.

- Players can use environmental objects like a bookshelf to fight back against enemies.

- Enemies can also be stunned using guns or environmental objects.

- The opening section will see Ethan flee a village while enemies are pursuing him.

- During the opening, part of the village can catch fire depending on the player’s action.

- A shotgun can be picked up during the opening segment.

- Tsuyoshi Kanda confirms this was just from the beginning of the game.

- Eiko Kano says the game featured a lot of action even in the beginning.

- Items dropped from enemies can be crafted into ammo or other items.

https://twistedvoxel.com/resident-evil-8-off-screen-gameplay-demo-hints-at-an-opening-similar-to-resident-evil-4/

• Like 1