Resident Evil 8 Village

26 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

New free avatar code (taken from their RE_Games Twitter): QG9R-NEN7-RP5L

RKIV3LU.jpg

I'll gladly redeem it although I know I'll never use the avatar. Would've been better if it was a theme but alas. Also, it said 'Twitter Giveaway 2', what was the last one? Is it still redeemable?

Edit: Nvm, found the original one: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1349848918616469508?s=20

Edited by OmegaRejectz

17 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I'll gladly redeem it although I know I'll never use the avatar. Would've been better if it was a theme but alas. Also, it said 'Twitter Giveaway 2', what was the last one? Is it still redeemable?

Edit: Nvm, found the original one: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1349848918616469508?s=20

I was wondering about that as well, did you redeem that old code now? If so, did it work?

1 hour ago, SealedCard said:

I was wondering about that as well, did you redeem that old code now? If so, did it work?

It still should be able to work since it doesn't have an expiration date to my knowledge. 

Today, IGN can exclusively reveal the game’s map, which teases a wide array of locations within the village for the first time.

Map-small-720x405.jpg?fit=bounds&width=6

Four locations are highlighted by emblems, of which one reads Castle Dimitrescu, the location of the PS5 exclusive Maiden demo. Other landmarks include a factory, windmills, and a reservoir which houses an image of a giant monster. The latter looks like it could recreate a situation similar to Resident Evil 4’s iconic battle with lake monster Del Lago.

There seem to be more similarities with Resident Evil 4 – which also takes place in a village, for starters. By introducing new enemies and fresh gameplay elements for each area of the game, Resident Evil 4 felt like much more than just a village. Sato sees this variety as one of the 2005 classic’s key components, and he seems to be going for the same approach with Village.

“When you hear the word ‘village’, you might imagine quaint houses lined up along a street, but that’s not really enough to make a videogame out of,” Sato tells IGN. “Especially in a horror game, I think it’s important to keep providing new experiences along the way. Within the village, it’s important to keep delivering new surprises to the player.”

Sato sees the game’s characters as the most important factor of creating a memorable village. With Lady Dimitrescu residing in Castle Dimitrescu already revealed, examining the map makes us wonder not only what the remaining areas will look like, but also what kind of villains await us there.

While the potential for a diverse selection of areas definitely has us excited, there seem to be some elements that unify the village as well. Visually speaking, the snow creates a common thread between the different locations, but interestingly, Sato tells us that this wasn’t part of the team’s original plan.

“We went to Europe for research during spring one year, but due to an unseasonable cold snap, the scenery was covered in snow,” he says. “This inspired us to implement snowscapes into our game. We use snow not just for visual presentation, but as gameplay elements as well.”

First Look at Mother Miranda

Mother Miranda appears to be a character who plays a huge role in the village, especially for the people who live there. While her character remains a mystery, in footage that has been released so far, you can see villagers chanting her name in some kind of ceremony, and Lady Dimitrescu can be seen talking with Mother Miranda over the phone.

According to Capcom, Mother Miranda is “a presence worshipped by the villagers”. Today, we can reveal a portrait of Mother Miranda that is perhaps used as an item of worship.

Miranda-Portrait-small-720x405.jpg?fit=b

The portrait looks like an in-game object that seemingly portrays Mother Miranda as a deity. Sato acknowledges that she was named “mother” in the religious meaning of the word, but when we tried to ask more about her, he retained a poker face.

“For Mother Miranda, I think it’s better for the players to find out for themselves by playing the game,” says Sato. “But I’ll say this: Mother Miranda and the inner side of her character are extremely important factors in the game.”

While the portrait makes it difficult to decipher Mother Miranda’s appearance, the concept art below reveals more.

VILLAGE_Ethan_Chris_poster_RGB-720x656.j

You can see protagonist Ethan Winters holding a rifle, while series mainstay Chris Redfield is carrying a baby. The masked character below them is none other than Mother Miranda. Her fierce look is as menacing as you might hope in a game like Village.

Art director Tomonori Takano tells us that crows were the main motif for Mother Miranda’s design.

“The mask resembles a crow’s beak,” Takano says. “As a symbol of horror, crows function as a theme for Village in its entirety as well, and they appear in the actual game. Since she has a symbolic role within the village, we implemented that same design theme for Mother Miranda.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-village-map-and-mother-miranda-art-revealed-ign-first

• Like 3

Sorry if its been asked but this is a long thread to read through ? but does anyone know if this is an okay RE game to start with? I've played a bit of the original game but I know the franchise is very different now. It also says its a sequel to RE7, is that just an obligatory "this is the next game in the series" or is it continuing a specific story that I'm going to be very confused over?

6 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

Sorry if its been asked but this is a long thread to read through 1f605.png but does anyone know if this is an okay RE game to start with? I've played a bit of the original game but I know the franchise is very different now. It also says its a sequel to RE7, is that just an obligatory "this is the next game in the series" or is it continuing a specific story that I'm going to be very confused over?

I don’t know if this is a good game to start with because you’ll be introduced to a character who’s been a main protagonist ever since the 90’s. And not only that but you’ll experience him as a villain of sorts first instead of a hero. 

However, paradoxically, I do believe you can start with 7 as it is a soft reboot of sorts. Don’t know if you can jump into 8 right away but then again Resident Evil is a franchise that you can jump into anywhere main line or spin off. Though I will say that if you start with the first person games you may not like the fixed camera games. 

As for the story it could be very complicated or very simple depending how much time you put into it. If you want the simple version it’s usually a company making a virus that creates Bio Organic Weapons or B.O.W.‘s.

If you want the long version then there are multiple companies making multiple different viruses each with their own unique properties. They all have a feud going on even within their own respective companies, such as Umbrella Americas and Umbrella Europe. Then you have the matter of each individual character. Though RE8 might not dive into those matters.

In short, yes you can start with 8. The story is self contained. But it might impact your experience if you decide to go into the older games. 

• Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, JourneySilvers said:

Sorry if its been asked but this is a long thread to read through 1f605.png but does anyone know if this is an okay RE game to start with? I've played a bit of the original game but I know the franchise is very different now. It also says its a sequel to RE7, is that just an obligatory "this is the next game in the series" or is it continuing a specific story that I'm going to be very confused over?

Resident Evil Village continues Ethan Winter's story (main protagonist) from RE7. Start with that now if you haven't already so you are ready for Village when it drops. I would encourage you to experience the other prior mainline games starting from 0 - 6.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2021 at 4:29 PM, JourneySilvers said:

Sorry if its been asked but this is a long thread to read through ? but does anyone know if this is an okay RE game to start with? I've played a bit of the original game but I know the franchise is very different now. It also says its a sequel to RE7, is that just an obligatory "this is the next game in the series" or is it continuing a specific story that I'm going to be very confused over?

RE7 imo was very good and tense even if the 'zombie' aspect if you will wasn't really present. That being said, the characters/enemies in it were great. Its also on the Plus Collection if you have a PS5. Definitely play this if you can before Village.

However as said by Trofy, give the older ones a crack too. ?

• Like 1

So I guess RE8 isn't going to come with a season pass. Guess if they do DLC it'll be free. Mercenaries looks great, get why it wouldn't work in 7, but the shooting and movement looks smooth enough to where you combat flows.

Infinite Darkness is giving me Degeneration vibes and I like it, don't know how I feel about RE4 VR though.

Also if no one wants to watch the plethora of videos Resident Evil put out today, there is going to be multiple demoes coming out for RE8 including one that allows you to play up to 60 minutes starting tomorrow, but today you can preload the demo.

Edited by BestUsername----

I'm on the fence with the demos, on one hand I want to jump in and give it a try, but on the other I want release day to be the first time I start the game up and experience it completely fresh. Ugh it's been a while since I've been so torn ?. Either way, I'm firmly aboard the hype train for RE8, May 7th needs to hurry up!

10 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

So I guess RE8 isn't going to come with a season pass. Guess if they do DLC it'll be free. Mercenaries looks great, get why it wouldn't work in 7, but the shooting and movement looks smooth enough to where you combat flows.

yeah i got the ps5 deluxe edition cause it was 5$ more and i like the wing cover more than Chris face all over it, but i dont even think it comes with much lmao.

As for RE4 VR, i hope that counts as that "remake" they wanted. Give us RE9. We don't need remakes of 4, 5, and 6. MAYBE Remake 0 or 1 similar to 2 & 3. But I'd prefer they do 9 (wasn't it already being worked on heavily?) just so that after 9 we can see where the franchise goes with Resident Evil X. I wouldn't doubt they have tons of ideas mapped out already. 

But i will skip the demo. I downloaded MAIDEN and deleted it. I want this to be a fresh experience, and i wanna get lost in it day 1 after work. Hopefully its at least 15-25hrs main story... is there any confirmed length?

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah i got the ps5 deluxe edition cause it was 5$ more and i like the wing cover more than Chris face all over it, but i dont even think it comes with much lmao.

As for RE4 VR, i hope that counts as that "remake" they wanted. Give us RE9. We don't need remakes of 4, 5, and 6. MAYBE Remake 0 or 1 similar to 2 & 3. But I'd prefer they do 9 (wasn't it already being worked on heavily?) just so that after 9 we can see where the franchise goes with Resident Evil X. I wouldn't doubt they have tons of ideas mapped out already. 

But i will skip the demo. I downloaded MAIDEN and deleted it. I want this to be a fresh experience, and i wanna get lost in it day 1 after work. Hopefully its at least 15-25hrs main story... is there any confirmed length?

Take this with a grain of salt but a leaked claimed it was “shorter than RE 6 and 4 but longer than RE 7 and 2 and 3 remakes.”

As for me I think they should just remake Code Veronica that’s really it. But I could see remaking 0 and 1 for new audiences and I really wouldn’t be mad at them for it. As for newer games I wish they would shy away from these multiplayer centric games and put that effort into the Revelation series and Raid mode. 

• Like 2