Resident Evil 8 Village

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah i got the ps5 deluxe edition cause it was 5$ more and i like the wing cover more than Chris face all over it, but i dont even think it comes with much lmao.

As for RE4 VR, i hope that counts as that "remake" they wanted. Give us RE9. We don't need remakes of 4, 5, and 6. MAYBE Remake 0 or 1 similar to 2 & 3. But I'd prefer they do 9 (wasn't it already being worked on heavily?) just so that after 9 we can see where the franchise goes with Resident Evil X. I wouldn't doubt they have tons of ideas mapped out already. 

But i will skip the demo. I downloaded MAIDEN and deleted it. I want this to be a fresh experience, and i wanna get lost in it day 1 after work. Hopefully its at least 15-25hrs main story... is there any confirmed length?

I totally agree with you're post. We dont need a remake of 4,5,6. But if they did Remake 0,1 and code veronica x i wouldnt be complaining at all. RE0 is one of my favourites. Same goes for RE1 and veronica X.

I really wished Barry and Rebecca got another game or a game each. Who knows whos the star of Revelations 3( If Revelations 3 is coming(just rumours still but). 

But anyways after reading that you arent going to try the demo, i've also just decided to not play the demo. Just to get the best possible experience frtom RE8. Without knowing anything about the village or inside of the castle. I tried RE:Maiden, but reached only the room after severs. 

I think the main story is around 15 to 25 hours(if you look the size of the map. Platinum wise i hope to god that they have this plat atleast a 5/10 in diffculty. But i wouldnt be surprised if they have it around 5/10 in diffculty and then release those infinite weapons after 3months for a extra buck, i hope they dont do it like that anymore. 

I know its prob getting console stack, but i hope its gets region stacks aswell :) 

A RE1 remake in the same vein as RE2 would be sweet, but they'd really need to nail the atmosphere, isolation and claustrophobia of the Spencer mansion.  It's bigger and more diverse than the police station, and it would need to be the star of the show.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

Everything looks fantastic so far; the graphics are gorgeous, the world feels tenebrous and intimidating as well as the enemies. I also love the presentation/realism of the weapons, not to mention on a different note how the story would unfold since there seem to be various angles at play here. I can only hope Ethan undergoes some form of character development this time around, he was pretty bland in 7 tbh.

I'll probably pass on the demo to avoid any potential spoilers; I want my first experience to be fresh and new. Besides, the game is right around the corner so it's not that much of a wait anyway. 

they can show off all the fancy graphics they like - its the gameplay and experience that matters. what you do.

RE7 i was disappointed by the lack of enemy variety, later made up in its DLC.

hope this doesnt turn out as another game where so much energy is invested in the graphics and story that the gameplay suffers :(

• Like 1

I'm getting the vibe that this game might be substantially longer than previous games. There's so many different looking areas. Before I thought the village and the castle and some secret lab would be all there is but I'm quite surprised at how many different areas there are.

3 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I'd rather have demo of mercenaries mode, no story unfolds, but a test of core gameplay. Hope they will drop something like this, because I'm going in spoilers free.

Same but I doubt they would at this stage. The demo consist of a specific part of the story from what I've read and I much rather avoid that as much as I can. 

• Like 1

On 17.4.2021 at 1:16 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

Anyone know if the collectors edition of RE8 is exclusive to NA or if it will be released in the EU as well?

Its EU to. Ordered my PS4 ver from a Norwegian shop, was gonna get the PS5 CE but my friends shop sold it out before i manged to order it.

Edited by DividedByMankind

SPOILER ALERT

Resident Evil Village: Mother Miranda, Other Main Villains Revealed – IGN First

Creatures and characters inspired by classic gothic horror.

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-village-mother-miranda-other-main-villains-revealed-ign-first

45 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

whats with the timer, i downloaded the demo and it doesnt play. are they forcing us to wait 2 days to play the demo for a limited time and then they freeze it again? wtf type of demo is that. the only thing i can do is play the trailer which i could already do on youtube

That's how it works, there are 3 periods, the Village one (expired), Castle (tomorrow) and Village & Castle at the same time (May 1). The first two are only for PS4/PS5 and they can be played for a total of 30 minutes, they are only available for 8 hours after it goes live. The third is for all platforms and can be played for 60 minutes, it will be available for 24 hours after it goes live.

And yes, it's a really weird limitation. This is basically a worse version of the RE2 1-Shot Demo that was available before RE2R released. But it's good for marketing, if there are multiple periods then people will talk about the demo each time it becomes playable again.