Resident Evil 8 Village

Gonna say it, super excited for the game. Did play both demos, and it was really fun.

I was a little concerned about it going back to action and becoming another FPS, but so far I can say that the atmosphere is creepy and combat is pretty close to RE7, so it does feel more action oriented but still is a survival horror game in it's core, which is all that I wanted.

Pretty sure that mercenaries going to be more action though, the trailer gave me strong COD Zombies vibes, but maybe I am wrong. Probably going to have to beat it for a platinum though..

"During the week's of lead-up to Resident Evil Village's May 7 release date, many fans have wondered how Capcom is balancing the action from titles such as Resident Evil 4 and the horror from the most recent entry in the series. Join us as the game's director and producer discuss how the continuation of the iconic horror series will have something for every type of fan."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

"During the week's of lead-up to Resident Evil Village's May 7 release date, many fans have wondered how Capcom is balancing the action from titles such as Resident Evil 4 and the horror from the most recent entry in the series. Join us as the game's director and producer discuss how the continuation of the iconic horror series will have something for every type of fan."

I am trying not to see anymore until its release :)  Just 12 more days to go. Btw i didnt even play the DEMOES exept the maiden one tho when that released on PS5 :)  

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:04 PM, SealedCard said:

That's how it works, there are 3 periods, the Village one (expired), Castle (tomorrow) and Village & Castle at the same time (May 1). The first two are only for PS4/PS5 and they can be played for a total of 30 minutes, they are only available for 8 hours after it goes live. The third is for all platforms and can be played for 60 minutes, it will be available for 24 hours after it goes live.

And yes, it's a really weird limitation. This is basically a worse version of the RE2 1-Shot Demo that was available before RE2R released. But it's good for marketing, if there are multiple periods then people will talk about the demo each time it becomes playable again.

thats really shitty. i understand they are trying to build anticipation, but dont they realize there is people in their 40s who have been playing since the first release and those people have to work and sometimes just cant jump to their console lol. i have more free time then most people and even i cant be bothered to be on their schedule. it actually pisses me off they did it this way and now i want to want a year for it to be on sale or get it off ebay or something. 

thanks for the detailed response i appreciate it. im just going to delete this crap demo and save the space. they are trying to make it seem like resident evil is the biggest things in our lives at the moment lol

10 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

thats really shitty. i understand they are trying to build anticipation, but dont they realize there is people in their 40s who have been playing since the first release and those people have to work and sometimes just cant jump to their console lol. i have more free time then most people and even i cant be bothered to be on their schedule. it actually pisses me off they did it this way and now i want to want a year for it to be on sale or get it off ebay or something. 

thanks for the detailed response i appreciate it. im just going to delete this crap demo and save the space. they are trying to make it seem like resident evil is the biggest things in our lives at the moment lol

They actually announced that the last period will last for a week rather than 24 hours, you could play that part of the demo which will essentially be the first two demos at once. But the 60 minute timer remains!

On 28.4.2021 at 3:50 AM, ziggypossum said:

There is a rumor that Ethan must die will be back, but this time its an unlockable difculty, and its apparantly called ethan must die 2.0

I really hope it is true. And i hope its a 5/10 plat atleast.

But its still just a rumor tho?

https://www.google.no/amp/s/gamerant.com/resident-evil-village-unlockables-difficulty-mode-leak/amp/

Apparently the length of RE8 on standard diffculty(normal) is around 15h. Well over 20h if you explore everything like i am goin to do?

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, DividedByMankind said:

Surprised trophies hasnt leaked yet :) 

maybe tomorrow or monday i am guessing it  will be leaked, i know people have been playing it as reviewers or leakers 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:43 AM, DividedByMankind said:

There is a rumor that Ethan must die will be back, but this time its an unlockable difculty, and its apparantly called ethan must die 2.0

I really hope it is true. And i hope its a 5/10 plat atleast.

But its still just a rumor tho?

https://www.google.no/amp/s/gamerant.com/resident-evil-village-unlockables-difficulty-mode-leak/amp/

Apparently the length of RE8 on standard diffculty(normal) is around 15h. Well over 20h if you explore everything like i am goin to do?

If the rumors are true, I might reconsider pre-ordering Resident Evil 8: Village. When the trophies are leaked, it will better help to inform my decision. Hopefully, "Ethan Must Die 2.0" is only a rumor.

4 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

If the rumors are true, I might reconsider pre-ordering Resident Evil 8: Village. When the trophies are leaked, it will better help to inform my decision. Hopefully, "Ethan Must Die 2.0" is only a rumor.

Well, we know that the game has a difficulty named "Village of Shadows" based on the DLC description, the demo only went up to "Hardcore", so it may be similar to RE3R where the higher difficulties are hidden at first.

Well, other than watching a few trailers, I must admit that I haven't being following this release that much even if I have been a RE fan since the first game for PS1. It might be because the game was intilially conceived for next gen consoles, so I though I wouldn't have the chance to play it soon (considering that right now I don't have any plans of getting a PS5). I will give it a chance, as I always do with Resident Evil games. RE7 was actually good despite of the lack of enemies (I mean, there wasn't a great enemy variety in the game). The main antagonists look interesting. Besides, the presence of horror at its highest level, how could I forget that. I will wait a few days after the release though, just to make sure it is a must buy.

8 hours ago, SealedCard said:

Well, we know that the game has a difficulty named "Village of Shadows" based on the DLC description, the demo only went up to "Hardcore", so it may be similar to RE3R where the higher difficulties are hidden at first.

The max difficulty will probably be unlocked after you complete the game on either any other difficulty such as in Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (excluding the purchasable add-on) or the hardest difficulty such as in Resident Evil 3. However, I don't want any trophies to be earned by needing to accomplish objectives similar to completing Ethan Must Die or Survival+ again. The max difficulties in Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (i.e. Madhouse) and Resident Evil 3 (i.e. Inferno) were more reasonable with more difficult enemies, saving requiring item, items being limited, and less automatic saves. Hopefully, Capcom focuses more on delivering an immersive experience than adding on to that which is based primarily on luck.

Edited by notandrebraun