Horizon: Forbidden West (Febraury 18, 2022)

Ghost

Meh. I've had it with graphical vistas at this point, unless it's something I've been anticipating for quite some time like Elden Ring.

Not going to pay full price for AAA games anymore, especially with the $70 price tag that's now standard. I'm sure like in the original game, Horizon: Forbidden West will include DLC in the near future, that will be part of a Season Pass or at least have a story DLC that takes around 10 - 20 hours to finish.

Too many open world games and graphical vistas. Not enough actual variety in the AAA gaming scene.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

I can’t wait, I preordered the ultimate edition I can’t wait to stack both stacks! PS4 and PS5 I’m starting with the PS4 version on my PS5, it’s a good distraction from my mum being in hospital.

Hope she gets better soon!!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I can’t wait, I preordered the ultimate edition I can’t wait to stack both stacks! PS4 and PS5 I’m starting with the PS4 version on my PS5, it’s a good distraction from my mum being in hospital.

Sorry to hear that bro, hope she has a speedy recovery, sending you bro hugs from Ireland!

Roll on Friday, I've given up on Dying light 2 for the moment as its just too buggy, so this will be my main game for the moment.

Edited by sephirothdude
  • Like 4

How big is the map?

Paul Sullivan - Measured east to west, Horizon Forbidden west’s map is 7.7km across at it’s widest point. Measured north to south, Aloy has just over 5km to play with. There are definitely a few narrower spots on the map, but Horizon Forbidden West still offers a massive play area. Starting all the way in the east and sprinting westward, it took me almost half an hour to reach the Pacific Ocean. Here’s the full map at around 8 hours of playtime. Yeah, it’s basically huge.

horizon-forbidden-west-map.jpg

What’s more impressive is the variety on display. The map covers most of North America’s west! It has mountains, prairies, deserts, jungles, rainforests, tundra, and an infinite number of transition zones. All of them are unique, and all of them have a ton of secrets to find.

How long is Horizon: Forbidden West?

Paul Sullivan - Early on, we progressed through Forbidden West at a rate of about 1% completion per hour played. That would have continued more or less if we didn’t need to, y’know, finish the game to review it. We got pretty side tracked. There are Tall Necks to climb, tribal disputes to settle, and of courses countless machines to kill. We finished the game at the exact level recommended for the final mission (level 38) and estimate a full 100% clear of Forbidden West will likely take upwards of 80-100 hours going in blind.

If on the other hand you’re looking to mainline the game, you’re probably looking at 25 or 30 hours to beat Horizon Forbidden West. That would prove challenging though, as Aloy would be massively underleveled in the later missions without doing some side content. There are a few tough fights later in the game, and unless you’re a superstar you might have some trouble.

So, on average, beating Forbidden West at the appropriate or recommended levels will take 40 or 50 hours. Along the way, you’ll encounter 17 main story missions. That’s a few less than in Horizon Zero Dawn, but they’re meaty, and a heck of a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...

Would appreciate an opinion from people who played both Horizon games to completion:

I finally managed to grab a PS5 bundled with a few games, including Forbidden West.

I'm obviously excited to play the new game, but I never played more than a few hours of Zero Dawn.

So, how stupid would it be if I played Forbidden West without finishing Zero Dawn first?

How intertwined are both stories? Will FW forever spoil going back to play ZD afterwards?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Would appreciate an opinion from people who played both Horizon games to completion:

I finally managed to grab a PS5 bundled with a few games, including Forbidden West.

I'm obviously excited to play the new game, but I never played more than a few hours of Zero Dawn.

So, how stupid would it be if I played Forbidden West without finishing Zero Dawn first?

How intertwined are both stories? Will FW forever spoil going back to play ZD afterwards?

Hi there!

I would highly recommend at least finishing the story of Zero Dawn before starting Forbidden West. The story directly picks up from where Zero Dawn leaves off, but you also might find it hard to come back to the first game after the improvements the sequel makes on the gameplay. I would recommend finishing HZD before going into HFW. 

• Like 1

Need help. 

I've completed the 2 flying quest and saw the trophy pops. I manually saved the game and quit. 

When I checked my trophies I can still see the flying quest trophy unearned.

I went to the notification menu and the trophy is there. But from the trophy section it says unearned. 

Is this a bug? Or trophy sync issue only?